Princess Australia- Sea Princess World Cruise 2016

Laughed at Jo's blog when she said you can do the ships tour at a nominal fee......unless it's been cut back i am sure I paid over $100 lol

On the previous cruise to Hawaii the ships tour was $175, might be nominal to some.:confused:

I tried to organise a galley or laundry tour for our Cruise Critic members but was told by the hotel manager they will no longer be able to offer this service as the ultimate tour is available.:)

However there was a general galley tour later in the cruise after a cooking demonstration.

Edited by sun-set

or, the tour took 4 hours and the drink another 2.

Back to the topic, no tendering going on today into Esperance? I wonder when SP will re commence her voyage, perhaps this arvo. So definitely Tuesday into Freo.

I think they will just be sheltering in the Bay today. Sea still looks a bit jobbly....but the morning has dawned clear and bright.:)

vmpug0.png

She would have a blue card as she has a freebie..... you will notice that all guess lecturers also have blue cards and anyone travelling on the family and friends program..... if travelling on any of these promotions you are also not eligible for any of your captain's circle perks... no matter what level you are, you will always have a blue card.

She would have a blue card as she has a freebie..... you will notice that all guess lecturers also have blue cards and anyone travelling on the family and friends program..... if travelling on any of these promotions you are also not eligible for any of your captain's circle perks... no matter what level you are, you will always have a blue card.

Thanks Gaz and Jo, now I know why she has the blue card. She will have to do her own laundry.!!

Edited by NSWP

I hope the majority of passengers haven't been sea sick from the rough seas. When I did that route across the Great Australian Bight, the majority of passengers were sick. I wasn't, but it turned me off cruising for 30 years!

I wouldn't be a happy Vegemite on this world cruise, with twelve sea days, as well as missing Sri Lanka.

I'd be happy with the twelve sea days, as long as it wasn't too rough, but would be a bit peeved about missing Sri Lanka.

I was a bit surprised to see she was going that way at this time of year. The current weather patterns aren't favourable for a bottom end transit.

From her blog 'Trip of a Lifetime with Princess Cruises'

MAY 9, 2016 BY JOHANNA

This is the first time in 50 years that the Princess Line has offered a complimentary around-the-world cruise to a member of the media, journalist, blogger, editor – whatever.

Have any of you been on a world cruise – considered one? I’m a cruise newbie and would love your tips.

Seems this is her first cruise. I wonder if she will have how to 'blog' workshops during the cruise.

She is making good progress and has passed Albany. It probably isn't the most comfortable onboard at the moment, with 4-5 metre seas in the area. It doesn't look too bad on the bridge cam though. The next storm front is due through that area overnight but hopefully she'll be far enough up the coast to avoid the worst of it by then.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

On our short Sydney to Melb segment we talked to quite a few people who were going to Perth that have never cruised before. They thought it may be a good "taster"...wonder how many of them will be back at sea again anytime soon, and their travel plans will also have to be altered if they do not make Freo as planned.

Also, on the Princess Patters, it stated that NO tours of the bridge would be permitted for "security reasons"...the blogger must have had "security clearance"!

Edited by lara h

On our short Sydney to Melb segment we talked to quite a few people who were going to Perth that have never cruised before. They thought it may be a good "taster"...wonder how many of them will be back at sea again anytime soon, and their travel plans will also have to be altered if they do not make Freo as planned.

Also, on the Princess Patters, it stated that NO tours of the bridge would be permitted for "security reasons"...the blogger must have had "security clearance"!

A Bridge Tour is included in the Ultimate Ships Tour , for which you need to book well in advance, it is limited to about 12 persons per time , and cost around $150.

From her blog 'Trip of a Lifetime with Princess Cruises'

MAY 9, 2016 BY JOHANNA

This is the first time in 50 years that the Princess Line has offered a complimentary around-the-world cruise to a member of the media, journalist, blogger, editor – whatever.

Have any of you been on a world cruise – considered one? I’m a cruise newbie and would love your tips.

Seems this is her first cruise. I wonder if she will have how to 'blog' workshops during the cruise.

Lucky Duck, bet she scored a decent cabin, balcony?

Lucky Duck, bet she scored a decent cabin, balcony?

Yep, a decent cabin. Then again it would not be in the cruise line's interest to give her an inside cabin all the way forward, especially when she will be blogging about it.

From her blog:

'We were met dockside by Angus Wilkinson, Customer Services Director who was so friendly and welcoming.'

'He introduced us to Anthony Pollendine the Hotel General Manager and several other key crew members before leaving us to settle in to our stateroom with it’s fabulous private balcony.'

To answer a question a couple of pages back about being paid to blog. I think those bloggers who have a large following get 'paid' by companies to blog about their products and get 'paid' to run advertisements on their page. I'm not sure if the correct term is paid or sponsored. Either way the perks are good if you have a mass following of your blog.

I follow a few blogs but I am not a fan of her style of blogging. It is too impersonal, a bit like a commercial rather than her real life. Each to their own though, she obviously has a lot of followers.

I follow a few blogs but I am not a fan of her style of blogging. It is too impersonal, a bit like a commercial rather than her real life. Each to their own though, she obviously has a lot of followers.

Must admit I've stopped following her blog too. Very gimmicky.

As they were in Fremantle today I rang my friends who are on the Sea Princess to see how they were and they were fine. They said there was some movement but they quite liked being rocked to sleep at night so no problem for them. I fear others will feel differently.

They did say that 5 days without being able to disembark was a bit of a nuisance to which I inquired, how are you going to cope with 12!

Luckily they play Bridge so I guess there will be a lot of rubbers between Fremantle and Dubai!

cheers

Stu

Must admit I've stopped following her blog too. Very gimmicky.

I agree, one big promo for Princess. All too much for me. I want to hear about their life on board, tucker, entertainment, crew, laundry rage, sun lounge rage, buffet rage, the important stuff !!

Edited by NSWP

One issue may be filling the big ships.

However I predict that within a couple of years all three of Ye olde Sun class will wear the P&O badge.

And our Princess ships will be Diamond, Emerald and Golden, or something similar.

A few years ago P & O UK were going to use the AZURA for a world cruise (starting and returning to the UK) and many had already booked but as they did not reach the expected pre-bookings, cancelled the cruise. They now use smaller ships for their WC's.

Knew there would be something about the blogger getting a freebie! Good luck to her...she obviously caught the eye of marketing at Princess.

PS...we love the 'old' Sun class ships and won't hear a word said against them!!! Also we are actually paying to do half the current WC on the SP!! but on the home run.

A few years ago P & O UK were going to use the AZURA for a world cruise (starting and returning to the UK) and many had already booked but as they did not reach the expected pre-bookings, cancelled the cruise. They now use smaller ships for their WC's.

Knew there would be something about the blogger getting a freebie! Good luck to her...she obviously caught the eye of marketing at Princess.

PS...we love the 'old' Sun class ships and won't hear a word said against them!!! Also we are actually paying to do half the current WC on the SP!! but on the home run.

P&O UK use 2 good ships for their 'Worldies' as the poms call them. Did Arcadia in 2012, Sydney-Southampton and Aurora last year Southampton, East coast of USA/Canada. I preferred the Aurora, handled ye olde Atlantic well. Actually our 'Princess Sun Class ships @ 77000, tonnes sit between Arcadia @ 84,000 and Aurora @ 71,000 tonnes. I found Arcadia and Aurora fine for the 2 long cruises, but the P&O UK entertainment staff are well experienced.

Edited by NSWP