Princess Australia- Sea Princess World Cruise 2016

Anyone got the link to the Station Pier webcam? When I changed computers I lost it and its not coming up on any searches so far . Is it still running? Webcams have a habit of coming and going.:D

My saved link no longer works. I've had no luck either with a search.

Re Port of Melbourne webcam, they withdrew the Fawkner Beacon cam back in August 2015. Then in about January 2016 they turned off Williamstown, Web Dock and Surf Club cams. There was a statement in March of this year that their renewal was up with the server so they were discontinuing the port webcam.

Not very satisfactory IMO but what can you do? Personally I checked it frequently and am missing it. :(

1118g7s.png

In Melbourne today.

Anyone got the link to the Station Pier webcam? When I changed computers I lost it and its not coming up on any searches so far . Is it still running? Webcams have a habit of coming and going.:D

Yes, the Port of Melbourne turned of the Station Pier webcam while I was cruising :(.

Its a shame, as they had one of the best webcams any Australia port had (apart from Sydney's ones).

I get the feeling that Princess will be sending the Majestic down here and it wouldn't surprise me if Carnival new ship has a spin down under too. Also isn't PO Australia getting a brand new one.

From what I heard on our recent Golden cruise, Majestic is destined for the Chinese market and the current Golden captain, Dino Sagani, will be taking the helm.

There are two more new builds underway, as yet unnamed.

Jo has updated the lifestyle fifty blog if anyone is interested. She made me proud to be a Melbournian. The photos are great.

I must be hanging out to cruise again as i felt the need to go and read the next instalments!

From what I heard on our recent Golden cruise, Majestic is destined for the Chinese market and the current Golden captain, Dino Sagani, will be taking the helm.

There are two more new builds underway, as yet unnamed.

Majestic in the off season of the China market to come to OZ. Can't see them wanting to cruise up there in winter.

Jo has updated the lifestyle fifty blog if anyone is interested. She made me proud to be a Melbournian. The photos are great.

I must be hanging out to cruise again as i felt the need to go and read the next instalments!

You can tell that she is a professional blogger.

Majestic in the off season of the China market to come to OZ. Can't see them wanting to cruise up there in winter.

There wasn't any mention of that but it is possible. However she could also cruise SE Asia in winter. There are probably a lot of Chinese who'd enjoy getting away from the colder weather in their winter without having to come down to Australia.

From looking at the Sydney Ports schedule it appears that Diamond and Emerald, with the odd visit from (presumably) Melbourne-based Golden, will be around in our region for the next three years or so.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

They will be enjoying the delights of Adelaide today , as they prepare for the crossing of the Great Australian Bight. Lets hope the weather Gods favour them.:)

Yes, The Bight is known for some big swells. When we sailed on Arcadia in 2012, Sydney-Southampton, the biggest sells we had were in the Bight between Melbourne/Adelaide and in ye olde infamous Bay of Biscay. The strong swells really give the cruise ships a hard time, creak, creak.

At least the Sea Princess pax might get their sea legs early in the Worldie !!

I agree, not very personable.

I'm waiting for an update from angienpaul. They are the only 2 blogs I am aware of. Are there any others?

I must subscribe to this blog as I keep forgetting to call in.... last night we had to go into the city and the Sun princess in dock.... after 2 more turnarounds it will then be our turn....

Lol you would never guess especially considering she is listed in the latest email I got from Princess about the "Trip of a lifetime". Nice photo and a link to her blog :)

Hi Everyone,

I have just heard from my Parents who are on the cruise and Captain has said that they are going to go slow tonight,then pick up speed tomorrow to take cover at Esperance and ship will now be getting into Fremantle Tues morning at the earliest. If i hear anymore will keep you updated.

I know here in Perth they are expecting a stormfront to hit late on Friday into Saturday.

Hi Everyone,

I have just heard from my Parents who are on the cruise and Captain has said that they are going to go slow tonight,then pick up speed tomorrow to take cover at Esperance and ship will now be getting into Fremantle Tues morning at the earliest. If i hear anymore will keep you updated.

I know here in Perth they are expecting a stormfront to hit late on Friday into Saturday.

Thanks very much for the update.:)

Must be a big storm coming..:eek:

This is what was posted on FB by a friend on the. Cruise:

Announcement from Captain- storm front ahead, full speed ahead, anchoring in Esperence Bay. Arrive Freemantle on Tues

not Monday. Missing Sri Lanka. Heading straight to Dubai. Disappointing but what can we say - our safety is paramount. So atleast 10 dats straight at sea. Joy oh joy [emoji16][emoji572]️