Harmony Of The Seas - Maiden Voyage - Live Blog

Question about Grease. I realize it is a show with adult themes -- the stage version even more so than the movie. But I am wondering just how "adult" the RCI version is. Are they publishing a warning in the Compass saying that it's for adults? Or did they make a family-friendly version? I know my DS(8) would love the singing and dancing, but I'm not sure if it is too risqué.
I know that a G-rated version of the script was released to be performed in schools and community theaters. I would expect the Harmony version to be G-rated, but I think it is a perfectly reasonable question to ask RCI. I'm sure you won't be the only parent who would like to know.

Thanks for your quick reply and opinion. Subtle innuendo will go right over my son's head.

Thanks again for sharing your trip with everyone, and for taking the time to provide so much great info! Safe travels home.

It depends how sensitive you are to bad language, there are two instances where Rizzo and the Burger Palace Boys (T-Birds) give the middle finger, and Greased Lightning has the words s*** and t** in it.

Obviously many references to Rizzo in particular being a bit "loose"

I know that a G-rated version of the script was released to be performed in schools and community theaters. I would expect the Harmony version to be G-rated, but I think it is a perfectly reasonable question to ask RCI. I'm sure you won't be the only parent who would like to know.

I think it is probably the original version. They tend to take pride in showing original full length productions.

We found the best breakfast to be at whiteout cafe in oasis. For those getting on today I would check out mini bites for breakfast. I agree with the park cafe sandwiches they are never that warm but they look good.

When we were on the Allure a few years ago Johnny Rockets had a pretty decent free breakfast. Do they serve breakfast on Harmony?

Yes they do. There were queues each day going into it.

Roalina you will want the US Thread for Dec 10, 2016. You must be a member of the US Cruise Critic site to view and participate.

Your experience on our sail date will be totally different from the sailings from europe. I'll explain why on our roll call if you decide to join.

A note to CruisenovicesUK: Thanks for your time and generosity. It was a pleasure following along with you. Your video and pics share a story like no other and I especially enjoy your blog.

Sunny Regards.

I also don't think we go on another cruise for some time. The amount of scheduling and booking required for shows and restaurants is very restrictive and we do like to relax on holiday and take it as it comes rather than work to a specific schedule.

You can find some useful information on the links below:

Cruise Compass: http://www.bourkeblogs.com/hotscruisecompass

Menus & Info: http://www.bourkeblogs.com/hotsmenus

I want to thank you for taking time out of your holiday to post all that you have. My one advice to you would be to look at ships that aren't as large. The reason so much has to be pre-booked is due to the number of people onboard. On smaller ships, they are still large but have a manageable number of people, it works differently

I just wanted to say thank you for taking your time to post all the updates, commentary, and beautiful pictures. I have really enjoyed the inside look at Harmony through this thread and your blog.

I particularly enjoyed your video tours of the different areas of the ship. You remind me of me, and the way I do video tours! You walk along, loop around the space, peek inside places, look left, look right, look up at signs - it's great! The video tours were just like being there, and they gave me a good sense of what to expect when (hopefully!!:confused:) we get to ride on Harmony someday.

I'm usually a quiet reader, but I just had to chime in so you knew your efforts were read and appreciated. Have a great day.

Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed the videos

It depends how sensitive you are to bad language, there are two instances where Rizzo and the Burger Palace Boys (T-Birds) give the middle finger, and Greased Lightning has the words s*** and t** in it.

There is also reference to unwanted pregnancy and that her period is late.

A few bosom gestures too.

When I first saw it I knew that people would start questioning whether it was suitable......[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

I want to thank you for taking time out of your holiday to post all that you have. My one advice to you would be to look at ships that aren't as large. The reason so much has to be pre-booked is due to the number of people onboard. On smaller ships, they are still large but have a manageable number of people, it works differently

Thanks, I think maybe we should try a smaller ship to see the difference. We thought the bigger the better but in the case of Harmony I think it's probably too big for us and Quantum class is probably as big as we would want to go.

Question about Grease. I realize it is a show with adult themes -- the stage version even more so than the movie. But I am wondering just how "adult" the RCI version is. Are they publishing a warning in the Compass saying that it's for adults? Or did they make a family-friendly version? I know my DS(8) would love the singing and dancing, but I'm not sure if it is too risqué.

They have been showing the movie on Freedom's pool screen for ages.

Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed the videos

First of all thanks very much for taking so much time out of your cruise, loved both your vlog and blog, it will make planning for our cruise in October so much easier.

May i also say that i think that somebody who has payed as much as people on this cruise, have a right to their opionion and the way that it effects them personally, both good and bad, after all this is an open forum.... personally i have to agree with you that you should be made aware of the fact that a lot of the service you pay for would not indeed be available. RCI sound in this case as if they have just got greedy... the arguement of "would you rather they would have cancelled would not wash with me im afraid, in my opionion this could have easily been resolved by an email, asking if you would like to cancel or they could have offered people onboard credit before they boarded and the reason for this offer RCI are not new to this game and surely they that this is going to leave a sour taste in people's mouths, and as said a lot of people are not aware about cruise critic or have not read about shake down cruise before.

Anyway thank you very much for your very detailed and informative live review i have enjoyed every minute of it. :) cheers Mandy x

Thanks, I think maybe we should try a smaller ship to see the difference. We thought the bigger the better but in the case of Harmony I think it's probably too big for us and Quantum class is probably as big as we would want to go.

Firstly another thank you for the time and effort you have given us readers.

I agree with you regarding the big ships; we did a B2B2B last November starting with an Allure T/A and then a 7 night Carribean on Oasis and a 7 night on NCL Escape. The crossing wasn't that bad, however the two following sailings were poor, too crowded, too much effort in pre-booking, mediocre food and essential things breaking down.

Voyager class, or S class on Celebrity, is quite big enough with circa 3000 passengers, although my preferences would be Radiance class on Royal or M class on Celebrity with 2000- 2300 on board.

How many pools are actually on the ship? I read somewhere 23 but is that including hot tubs?

I would count 3 adult pools. I would not count the Aquatheater pool as that is not normally a guest pool, unless they are doing scuba lessons.

Was there a scene at a girls slumber party? If so, did Rizzo think she might be pregnant? I read on Wikipedia that this was in the very first version, but got deleted in versions after that.

Sorry, I just found the answer to my question. I wonder if RCI will list Grease as an R or GP rating.

Edited by Grandma Petania

Was there a scene at a girls slumber party? If so, did Rizzo think she might be pregnant? I read on Wikipedia that this was in the very first version, but got deleted in versions after that.

Hi, yes there is a girls slumber party. Rizzo does some suggestive dancing during this scene.

There is a later scene where she thinks she might be pregnant and in one of the final scenes she confirms she isn't.