Sensual Cruise on Quest.

chromered7

Does it make you think............who was in that bed last, does me!!

Appreciate it probably makes good financial sense and possibly prevents action re discrimination etc., but demeans the Azamara brand, and offends many regular passengers personally and out of respect and care for the crew members.

Does it make you think............who was in that bed last, does me!!

Appreciate it probably makes good financial sense and possibly prevents action re discrimination etc., but demeans the Azamara brand, and offends many regular passengers personally and out of respect and care for the crew members.

Are naked people a protected class? I agree that it's demeaning. Would/does Seabourn do this? I doubt it. Nothing but bad PR except among the 'sensual' group being served.

I do not want to think about beds at all!

Melissa

Are naked people a protected class? I agree that it's demeaning. Would/does Seabourn do this? I doubt it. Nothing but bad PR except among the 'sensual' group being served.

Melissa

If you do a search on Google you'll find that even Seabourn and Paul Gaughan do these charters which are apparently very lucrative for the cruise companies.

Besides cleaning.....how about a bleach scrub and temporarily upolstering over furniture with plastic. :eek:

Clothes were invented for a reason. 1% of people can get away with naked! The rest.....lets just say....I would need to carry a barf bag around with me:(

I hope the crew get paid a LOT extra. They are dignified, modest people and shouldn't be subjected to this. We went to Fiji many years ago, and we were requested to dress modestly so the natives' modesty wouldn't be offended. Of course, there are always those who couldn't care less.

At least Azamara does not do bridge cruises, or even worse,-chess cruises:D

To be honest,- I have known about these lifestyle cruises for many years and always find it difficult to imagine what the crew must be seeing during the cruise. Then, - all cruise lines do it. They are professionals. Last time we departed Athens the Louis Olympia (now Celestyal Olympia) departed next to us on a gay cruise. The whole ship sounded like a big party. :rolleyes:

Like midwestchick we had our cruise cancelled for this, ok we did manage to make the best of the rearrangements but feel this does nothing for the reputation of Azamara. Normally these lifestyle cruises are low key events and marketed to those who are known to the organisers, from the Daily Mail article it's clear that this company is going for max publicity. So how how will you feel the next time you tell someone you cruise on Azamara and get the response "oh they do swingers cruises don't they"?

Luckily we are on the two preceding cruises but would have cancelled if we had been on the 3rd October cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree. We were booked on the Oct 3 cruise on Quest following this "sensual" cruise. Just cancelled this morning in protest over their treatment of the employees. Many are Muslims, Hindu, etc. and this slaps them right in the face by making them provide service to naked people during this cruise. They have no respect for their employees religious beliefs. I would have expected better from Azamara.

You may like to be aware that on Azamara the staff are not made to serve the customers on theses cruises, they are told they may opt out of their duties if they wish. We had a long discussion with a senior member of staff recently concerning how these cruises are operated and it is clear that AZ take the welfare of their crew very seriously.

Edited by Azamarajunkie

We have been assured of this as well.

I can think of other "themed" cruises that might not fit within a crew members religious teachings. It is a tricky balancing act to honour those cherished beliefs and, at the same time, to provide services within a more global and secular society.

Melissa

May want to stop sleeping in hotels...LOL

You may like to be aware that on Azamara the staff are not made to serve the customers on theses cruises, they are told they may opt out of their duties if they wish. We had a long discussion with a senior member of staff recently concerning how these cruises are operated and it is clear that AZ take the welfare of their crew very seriously.

Agree. Plus these are not the imagined "swingers" cruises. Many Central Europeans enjoy, as appropriate, "clothing optional" activities. The former Yugoslav Adriatic coast has many FKK (German for clothing "free") resorts which are very popular. Germans also have "clothing optional" hiking clubs. In general, very healthy and fit people. My experience with AZ is that they are extremely health conscious. This is no different than staying in a hotel...

I have not seen anything about the crew. On land based operations the people working at a nude resort know what to expect when they were hired. Should the crew be required to work and serve on a nude cruise even if it is against their own moral compass?

I have not seen anything about the crew.
Addressed earlier in the thread.

Agree. Plus these are not the imagined "swingers" cruises. Many Central Europeans enjoy, as appropriate, "clothing optional" activities. The former Yugoslav Adriatic coast has many FKK (German for clothing "free") resorts which are very popular. Germans also have "clothing optional" hiking clubs. In general, very healthy and fit people. My experience with AZ is that they are extremely health conscious. This is no different than staying in a hotel...

I just don't get it......can you not be health conscious with clothes on? I would think it would not be healthy to sit nude in specific areas and then follow sittin or laying in said place where nether regions last layed up at. One persons clean is anothers au naturale. I find this kind of yucky and not healthy.

As far as nude hiking how is one protected from the ever dreaded skin cancer? One must bathe in skin protectants. Easier to put some clothes on and I will not mention the various pests found on trails:eek:

The need to be naked with groups of people must feed a specific psychological need.....just don't get it:confused:

For two reasons I think way too much is being made about this.

First, this is a very expensive cruise and it is not going to attract a motley group of people. Maybe classless in most of our opinions, but hardly among the "great unwashed population". We have 5 cruises booked on Azamara and the most expensive one in a Club Continent Suite is about $461 per person per day. That cabin on this cruise is just over $800. :eek:

And second, everything I have heard about this type of cruise (here on Cruise Critic) is that guests are required to place towels on furniture if they are not adequately clothed. I would be more concerned about a hotel where I am pretty sure people have actual naked sex in the beds.

I trust Azamara to do a better job of cleaning than a hotel housekeeper.

While I am just as happy that we are not on a cruise following one like this, I certainly would not cancel something I was looking forward to over it.

Only a couple of years ago Azamara made a point about wanting to attract more up-market clientele.

This isn't what I had in mind when I read that.

I have read comments on another forum about this, by people who AFAIK have never sailed on Azamara and generally their opinion is that they never will after hearing about these cruises.

As I said before, IMO this cheapens the brand.