Does RCCL ever include beverage packages?

I have been keeping an eye on various promos throughout the cruiselines. I booked a Celebrity when they were including 2 perks instead of one (Jan 17) and a NCL one with 2 perks as well (cancelled that one). But I have never seen Royal include them. The prices for RCCL are higher than Celebrity (what I thought was a "better" line) for the same cruise (roughly). They are also higher than most NCL cruises.

Does Royal ever do more than include grats?

Here in the UK we often get RCI cruise promotions that include free drinks packages. Our last 3 cruises have included free Select or Premium packages and free grats. We've booked on the Adventure out of San Juan next September and got free drinks and buy one, get half price for 2nd passenger. Sounds great but I think our prices are much higher to start with than what you get charged in the US.

That's sucky. Still go with them in July but as most people I look for the best deal.

I heard in UK you guys get hammered so you deserve some free perks!

We certainly do! And we can't access RCIs US website to compare prices - we're always automatically diverted back to the UK site!

We certainly do! And we can't access RCIs US website to compare prices - we're always automatically diverted back to the UK site!

Try using the app on your phone or tablet and put a hold on a cabin, call in the morning and pay the deposit.

We use an American Ta a lot instead as they are cheaper than Royal.

We have had 2 drink packages on Ta's and we have one on Harmony Ta this year.

We also have one on Explorer in Alaska next year

Over the last 3 years we,ve done 3 crossings that included drink packages that Royal had a promotion for.

We have 2 more future crossings 'N planned but unfortunately no drink package promotion for those.

Tim

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

North American cruisers - it may depend on the itinerary. In January I booked a Greece/Turkey cruise. At that time - although it wasn't advertised, they were offering a drink package and on board credit as part of the BOGO sale.

That promotion ended around the beginning of February. The drink package for that cruise never returned. Perhaps it was offered to encourage weaker than expected bookings from North Americans.

Two years ago (2014) when we booked our 2015 Oasis cruise in August........

that September RCI had a PROMO that if you book now free beverage package, and that was for soda.......

Of course the price was more than when we originally booked.

So that is one I saw.

Safe travels.

You can access the US site via this link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/?wuc=us

Thanks for this. I've just accessed it and gone through a dummy booking for the same details of a cruise I've just booked on the Adventure of the Seas for September 2017. The final US price came to £70 cheaper than what I will pay (when the $ is converted to £) but I've got free Select beverage packages which means that overall my UK booking is cheaper. A US travel agent rather than RCI may well get a better deal or some extras thrown in, but overall I'm happy ... and surprised!

Try this

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/?wuc=USA

Works for me.

Oops. Sorry, should have looked further down the thread.

Edited by wendychloecruiser

Think it's actually advertised in UK as 'all inclusive', not free. So defiantly an upsell even on the uk website

We definitely had a free Premium package each on our transatlantic to New Orleans on the Serenade in 2014, was really nice not having to think how much the bar bill would be. One thing that I am not happy with is Choice Air or Air To Sea as they now call it, the last two flights for return to the UK were made with no problem, I just looked at the flights available with our preferred airlines, first was BA Orlando to Manchester via Heathrow great price about £240 each and the second time Orlando direct to Manchester £235 each but we have just been told that we are now unable to book our flights with them anymore as its for American and Canadian customers only they quoted us £1033 each for AA direct from Philly to Manchester. We have just booked with Thomas cook direct from JFK to Man for £260 each thank god.

Edited by L A RAY

Last year when Michael Bayley came on board, Royal Caribbean offered an included premium drink package. The prices were very inflated, but I was able to find a reasonable price for the March 27, 2016 jewel of the seas out of San Juan. I booked it and had a great time. I am sure that was my last deal I will be able to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Should I be getting on to my TA about this? Am in UK and wasn't offed a free drinks package! How common are they?!

It depends when you booked. They have promotions for various perks. We are on the Jewel soon and were given free flights and transfers. Now the offer is for 2nd guest 50% off plus drinks packages for both guests. However, if you have already booked a cruise they won't add on the current offer. You would have to cancel, lose the deposit and rebook under the current terms. Sometimes it's worth doing that but you should ask your TA for advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You mean you have to pay for beverage packages in the USA :D .

I think the promo we've had for select package inside and ocean view and ultimate package for balcony and above seems to be always on " for a limited time" then off 1-2 weeks and back again..

Free drinks/grats offers pop up from time to time in the UK :) You just have to keep checking.

I booked online on the UK site during the Black Friday Sale at the end of November 2015 for a Norway Cruise in August 2016 and got Reduced Deposits of £25pp, Free Grats and Free Select Drinks Package for all passengers (3 of us in a cabin). It was a really great price too which I was surpised at as they tend to put the cruise price up when they offer 'free' stuff. I've been keeping an eye on prices and I've not seen a better deal since then.