Junior Suite access to Sun Deck?

Curious on opinions here. We will be sky class on oasis end of summer (can't wait) and with our almost one year old. We just did winjammer with her last cruise but want to do CK a few times for obvious reasons. Can you do dinner relatively fast there? I would assume so? I assume suite bar drinks are included with dinner? What time does it open for dinner? When can I start making reservations? We would be bringing our daughter with us and she is very well behaved and we would just leave if she got fussy. We would need early dinner times though. So this seems like the perfect specialty restaurant for us since it is included in our suite price so we could just leave if she had an off night.

Also, I know the official rules but any experience on just walking in and grabbing a beer during the day and just leaving with it? We may want to bring a drink to our cabin.

Earliest dinner at CK on Oasis was 6pm on our cruise.

I also try for the non connecting ones. ;)

We were able to secure the same cabin for all those fall 2017 voyages by booking onboard the night they were released. Fabulous girl named Jemma helped us

Hmmm...Jemma eh? Will have to look her up, thanks John! :)

Ditto to that, as I detest connecting cabins.

Hmmm...Jemma eh? Will have to look her up, thanks John! :)

Ditto to that, as I detest connecting cabins.

She was on Freedom this past March

Jemma Beach. She went above and beyond any expectations. Booked the cabins that night when they were released. Had it all ready for us the next morning.

Edited by John&LaLa

She was on Freedom this past March

Jemma Beach. She went above and beyond any expectations. Booked the cabins that night when they were released. Had it all ready for us the next morning.

I have not been on Freedom since last December. Really wanted to book one

more cruise with her before she leaves us, but it is not going to work out for

us before she leaves. Will miss both her and Enchantment dearly.

In a perfect world, IMHO, we would keep them both AND welcome Oasis to our port. :)

I have not been on Freedom since last December. Really wanted to book one

more cruise with her before she leaves us, but it is not going to work out for

us before she leaves. Will miss both her and Enchantment dearly.

In a perfect world, IMHO, we would keep them both AND welcome Oasis to our port. :)

When were you on? Laura was onboard Dec 6-19

When were you on? Laura was onboard Dec 6-19

Yup, so was I. Saw Laura a few times, did not see you.

We were up behind her at the meet and mingle.

Can't mistake her beautiful long hair. :)

Edited by island lady

Yup, so was I. Saw Laura a few times, did not see you.

We were up behind her at the meet and mingle.

Can't mistake her beautiful long hair. :)

Thanks, I'll let her know. She was solo in December.

Every time I have been on a cruise the private sun deck has always been empty or only a few people use it.They should allow other guests to use the sun deck when it's empty.

It is nice because it is not crowded. If they allowed everyone it would spoil it.

It is nice because it is not crowded. If they allowed everyone it would spoil it.

Not everyone maybe a few when it's empty.I have just booked a grand suite and have the grand suite next to us.We will be using the sun deck.

Not everyone maybe a few when it's empty.I have just booked a grand suite and have the grand suite next to us.We will be using the sun deck.

Define "empty" and then at what point do you start kicking people out because it's "full."

To much of a headache and somebody will always be ticked off.

Curious on opinions here. We will be sky class on oasis end of summer (can't wait) and with our almost one year old. We just did winjammer with her last cruise but want to do CK a few times for obvious reasons. Can you do dinner relatively fast there? I would assume so? I assume suite bar drinks are included with dinner? What time does it open for dinner? When can I start making reservations? We would be bringing our daughter with us and she is very well behaved and we would just leave if she got fussy. We would need early dinner times though. So this seems like the perfect specialty restaurant for us since it is included in our suite price so we could just leave if she had an off night.

Also, I know the official rules but any experience on just walking in and grabbing a beer during the day and just leaving with it? We may want to bring a drink to our cabin.

Yep, official rule is you can't take them out. But, nobody is going to tackle you on the way out. My experience is unless you are in a CLS it's not that great of a location to pop in to grab a beer during the day to take out on deck. I assume you will have suite sun deck access so it's a long trek from there to SL for a beer.

Dinner "fast", yes I guess you could but that's not really the point. I believe if you are in a CLS they will bring CK dinner to you just like room service. I am guessing if you told the server you wanted a "quick" meal they would put a rush on your order.

If you eat during the free cocktail hour then drinks are included in CK as they come from the SL bar. After hours you pay or use a drink package.

We made reservations afternoon of the night we want to eat. We also walked in and had to wait a little for a table, but just went to SL and had a drink.

If you eat during the free cocktail hour then drinks are included in CK as they come from the SL bar. After hours you pay or use a drink package.

We made reservations afternoon of the night we want to eat. We also walked in and had to wait a little for a table, but just went to SL and had a drink.

I'm curious how this will be now that those in JS have the benefit of dining in CK for dinner? Lots of JS cabins and not all sailing in them are D/D+.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I'm curious how this will be now that those in JS have the benefit of dining in CK for dinner? Lots of JS cabins and not all sailing in them are D/D+.

D and D+ status don't count in SL. Not sure I get your point. FWIW, we were D+ in a JS and got wine, but I don't think it had anything to do with that

Our guests who were only Platinum and not in a JS got wine as well

Edited by John&LaLa

D and D+ status don't count in SL. Not sure I get your point. FWIW, we were D+ in a JS and got wine, but I don't think it had anything to do with that

If those in a JS, who are not D/D+ (and entitled to complimentary drinks during DL/CL Happy Hour), can get complimentary drinks in CK will that be an added incentive for them to book CK. This could lead to more guests in CK and affect availability. Add in the ability to bring guests. It's a numbers game and time will tell how it all plays out.

If those in a JS, who are not D/D+ (and entitled to complimentary drinks during DL/CL Happy Hour), can get complimentary drinks in CK will that be an added incentive for them to book CK. This could lead to more guests in CK and affect availability. Add in the ability to bring guests. It's a numbers game and time will tell how it all plays out.

But the D and D+ are not entitled to any drinks in SL on Oasis. The guest policy may fall by the wayside first. Is it an official policy anyway.

There are 86 JS's on an Oasis ship. And over 100 full suites. Some of which sleep at least 6 in lower berth configuration.

But the D and D+ are not entitled to any drinks in SL on Oasis. The guest policy may fall by the wayside first. Is it an official policy anyway.

There are 86 JS's on an Oasis ship. And over 100 full suites. Some of which sleep at least 6 in lower berth configuration.

I haven't said anything about drinks in the SL. Discussion has been about CK. Not sure what you mean when you say "the guest policy may fall by the wayside first. Is it an official policy anyway."

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Dinner in Coastal Kitchen. We were on Oasis last April and they unofficially offered it to us. We ended up there 4 nights.

Because of the wonderful experience, we decided to book JS as often as we can when Oasis comes to PC.

Please excuse my ignorance, however, is there a

Coastal Kitchen on the

Freedom?

I haven't been able to find out if Radiance class ships have the CK. We will be on Radiance Of The Seas next April and would love to eat in the CK. Please, oh please tell me they have it. :D

Please excuse my ignorance, however, is there a

Coastal Kitchen on the

Freedom?

I haven't been able to find out if Radiance class ships have the CK. We will be on Radiance Of The Seas next April and would love to eat in the CK. Please, oh please tell me they have it. :D

No.

Coastal Kitchen was first on Quantum class. (It's on all three, Quantum, Anthem and Ovation)

Then they retro-fitted Oasis & Allure with the combination Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen in the former Viking Crown Lounge. It's on Harmony.

That's it. No more.

Coastal Kitchen Menu on Harmony is completely different than what it was on Anthem last year. On Harmony it is a different menu every evening and the four nights we ate there last week there were no flatbreads offered at all. The food, presentation and service were all excellent.

I haven't said anything about drinks in the SL. Discussion has been about CK. Not sure what you mean when you say "the guest policy may fall by the wayside first. Is it an official policy anyway."

Let me try and recap the discussion as i saw it.

The OP asked about JS access to Suite sun deck. However they also assumed they did not get access to the CK.

I commented that JS occupants did have access to CK.

Several posters then commented on what a nice experience CK was for JS passengers.

This turned most of the posts to what was nice about CK.

In post 24, topnole asked about SL drinks in the CK. I assume suite bar drinks are included with dinner?

In post 38, jamesr3939 said drinks in CK came from SL bar. If you eat during the free cocktail hour then drinks are included in CK as they come from the SL bar.

In post 40, you quoted james and asked how that policy would work with JS passengers, specifically those that are not D/D+. I'm curious how this will be now that those in JS have the benefit of dining in CK for dinner? Lots of JS cabins and not all sailing in them are D/D+.

Bear with me, we're almost done. :o

In post 42, I mentioned that I didn't understand the correlation between D/D+ and drinks in the CK. I also pointed out that guests of JS passengerrs were welcome in CK. D and D+ status don't count in SL. Not sure I get your point. FWIW, we were D+ in a JS and got wine, but I don't think it had anything to do with that

In post 43, you continued on with the comment of D/D+ passengers being entitled to free drinks during cocktail hour. You also questioned the current policy of allowing guests to be included. If those in a JS, who are not D/D+ (and entitled to complimentary drinks during DL/CL Happy Hour), can get complimentary drinks in CK will that be an added incentive for them to book CK. This could lead to more guests in CK and affect availability. Add in the ability to bring guests. It's a numbers game and time will tell how it all plays out.

In post 44, I tried to determine what D/D+ status had to do with free drinks in CK. I may have gone off track in relating that to the SL. I also asked if there was a written policy that allowed guests in CK. And for good measure I tried to count how many suites had access to CK. But the D and D+ are not entitled to any drinks in SL on Oasis. The guest policy may fall by the wayside first. Is it an official policy anyway.

And that brings us up to speed. I think we are asking the same questions, though.

1. How popular will CK become with the JS crowd, as well as the full suites and PC guests?

2. Will crowds diminish the experience?

3. Is alcohol included with dinner, or is it an offshoot of the nearby SL?

4. If crowds become unmanageable, will guests no longer be allowed?

5. Is there an official guest policy?

6. Will Anthem ever start offering complimentary wine or beer with dinner in CK?

7. Will the rotating menus become standard across all CK's in fleet?

8. Will any of the older ships get a CK in the future?