Carnival Stock went down

CRUISEWITHH

Did anybody notice that Carnival stock is taking a dip. My broker told me it's due to Brexit.

I know it was at about $52 now it is down to approximately $44 per share.

I'm sure it will bounce back and anyway I enjoy the OBC that I get.

We bought when it was $18.00 a share and have more then made our money back many times over....thank you Princess!! :):)

I for one, was glad to see the price dip as I had been thinking of buying it for the Shareholder OBC! Worked for me! :D

Ditto...actually waiting for it to go down so I can purchase my 100 shares for the OBC. DH said we can buy when/if it ever dips into the $30-$39. Someone recently mentioned they bought for $18..if only I had thought to do this in 2008 :)

OBC when I sail. $30 per quarter dividend. The stock is still much higher than when I purchased it. I have no plans to sell so I don't get too excited by price fluctuations.

The Dow might have closed at an all time high, but Carnival stock sure didn't. It was about $10/share higher back in early April!

Tom

Not to split hairs but CCL was up over $1 today at near $47 and in April it was around $52, it's 52 week high is around $55 so it is coming back. For us it's all about the SBC for such a small investment in the grand scheme of a large portfolio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBC when I sail. $30 per quarter dividend. The stock is still much higher than when I purchased it. I have no plans to sell so I don't get too excited by price fluctuations.

Actually, now $35 per quarter dividend on 100 shares.

I own 100 shares for one reason. Who cares about the price of the shares. If I owned 10,000 shares then I would care.

Me, too. CCL is the only individual stock I own. It has generated over $1500 in OBC for me in two years. I bought it within my IRA at $39, I am happy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Carnival stock ended Thursday at $46.32. I bought it at the depths of the great recession for $19.71/share. This year besides the $120 in dividends I will get, I will receive $650 in OBC. I just wish my other investments did as well. The nice part of Carnival stock is that it applies to all their cruise lines so when I sail on HAL or CCL, I get the same OBC. Thankfully Princess allows the OBC to be additive (shareholder, FCC and military) while RCI does not.

I'm a happy cruiser. I bought the CCL stock when it was around $29 US and the Canadian $ was close to par (I'm Canadian and purchased the stock in US$ within my RSP....so no worries about claiming the dividends, capital gains, etc., until I am ready to withdraw the $)...so I have gained not only on the currency but also on the stock price (if I were to sell it today) and the dividends. But, the greatest pleasure I get from owning this stock is the Shareholder's OBC in US$!!! Even a $100 OBC for 7 days is more than 3 times the price I paid for the stock. I only started cruising in 2011 and am very close to becoming an Elite on Princess (Just one more cruise after the 2 I will take in September).

I also hold RCL shares but have yet to cruise on either Royal Caribbean or Celebrity...that is my next goal...to get over the hesitance of trying another cruise line when I love Princess and am very comfortable with their ships and service.

I will watch the share price when I am done with cruising or retire and need to sell the shares or when CCL cancels the Shareholder's OBC....whichever comes first.

I had been watching it last fall, when it was $56. In late January, I believe, it fell to $41 so I purchased then. Not at the $18 range, but I was happy with that after looking at the yearly average. And it's been bouncing along higher ever since!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was as high as $54 about 6 months ago. Yes' date=' big drop at Brexit with only a little recovery. However, if you aren't thinking of selling, who cares? I'll hold it because the OBC is good and I expect long term growth.[/quote']

OBC is good, but long term growth?

Stock was $51.56 on Jan 1 2007. Look where it is now

OBC is good, but long term growth?

Stock was $51.56 on Jan 1 2007. Look where it is now

We'll, I bought my first 100 shares in December, 2008 and it cost me $25.50!! It's nearly doubled in value, I've earned $2,390 in obc and dividends, with another $125 in obc for upcoming cruises. Can't beat that!

Buying stock is for the long term. If you get freaked out by short term volatility then stay out of the market. Up and down movement in the short term is normal.

I'm a happy cruiser. I bought the CCL stock when it was around $29 US and the Canadian $ was close to par (I'm Canadian and purchased the stock in US$ within my RSP....so no worries about claiming the dividends, capital gains, etc., until I am ready to withdraw the $)...so I have gained not only on the currency but also on the stock price (if I were to sell it today) and the dividends. But, the greatest pleasure I get from owning this stock is the Shareholder's OBC in US$!!! Even a $100 OBC for 7 days is more than 3 times the price I paid for the stock. I only started cruising in 2011 and am very close to becoming an Elite on Princess (Just one more cruise after the 2 I will take in September).

I also hold RCL shares but have yet to cruise on either Royal Caribbean or Celebrity...that is my next goal...to get over the hesitance of trying another cruise line when I love Princess and am very comfortable with their ships and service.

I will watch the share price when I am done with cruising or retire and need to sell the shares or when CCL cancels the Shareholder's OBC....whichever comes first.

I have both Carnival and RCI stock. Be aware that RCI does not allow pax to claim more than one OBC which means either a stock holder's OBC or a FCC OBC but not both. Further a RCI FCC is not refundable. Two reasons I have not bought another FCC from RCI and have stopped sailing on their ships.

I do believe that Carnival will cancel the shareholder's OBC when something freezes over. It is a great sales tool for them buying brand loyalty and by having so many small investors discourages a predator from trying to take over the company.