What is RC's best ship?

We've only sailed with RC once and that was on the Oasis. We absolutely loved it! We really enjoyed Vintages and Central Park. We are torn about which ship to go on next. Now that the Oasis is in Port Canaveral, it's quite convenient with us in Charlotte. Is there another ship we would like better?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What were the differences between the Freedom and the Allure? Does the Freedom have Vintages?

Freedom has Vintages.

Freedom does not have Central Park or Boardwalk or a zipline.

I think we need more information on what exactly you liked about Oasis and what you expect from your cruise.

Your comments about CP and Vintages can imply that you like someplace relaxing to hang out. Did you only eat in the MDR? Did you eat at Vintages or just drink? Did you like the variety of shows? Did you sit by the pool and relax all day or were you constantly going from activity to activity?

Reading CC, some dislike the size of Oasis, preferring the smaller ships for the more intimate feeling, views and, in their opinion, a more welcoming crew.

Our personal favorite is the Jewel. We have cruised on her 7 times. It's not the Radiance class we like because we do not like the Serenade. I believe it's the personality of the ship.

Don't get me wrong we have never had a bad cruise.

There is no best ship. What one's fav maybe another's least fav. You can ask what ship each like and why. You can conclude what you like and want out of a ship. My fav is the Oasis class. Doesn't feel crowded even though it's one of the largest ship. So much to do and entertainment is outstanding!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think we need more information on what exactly you liked about Oasis and what you expect from your cruise.

Your comments about CP and Vintages can imply that you like someplace relaxing to hang out. Did you only eat in the MDR? Did you eat at Vintages or just drink? Did you like the variety of shows? Did you sit by the pool and relax all day or were you constantly going from activity to activity?

Reading CC, some dislike the size of Oasis, preferring the smaller ships for the more intimate feeling, views and, in their opinion, a more welcoming crew.

We hung out at the beach pool all day. It didn't seem too crowded like many ships we've been on.

We enjoyed the peace, quiet and beauty of Central Park at night. We went to Vintages every night for wine and tapas. We made some friends in there, also wine lovers, we hung out with quite a bit. We loved the specialty restaurants. Our favorite was Chops, which we ate at twice. We also went to 150 Central Park. It was nice, but I doubt we would do it again. We also ate at the Mexican and Italian restaurants. I think we only had two dinners in the MDR. We even enjoyed the complimentary cafe in Central Park.

The entertainment was spectacular! We had a boardwalk balcony all the way aft where we sat and watched two aqua shows. The ice show, the productions. We loved them all! The entertainment on the ship was far above any other cruise we had been on.

We loved the size of the ship. I can't think of anything we didn't like about. Even the embarkation process seemed flawless, which shocked us considering how many people were on it. It was the best cruise we've ever had.

The Freedom, which several have recommended on here, has not shown up in any of my searches. It looks like we would be deciding between another Oasis cruise or the Anthem of the Seas. We are also looking at the Breakaway or Escape with NCL. The Getaway was our second favorite ship. We bought two NextCruise certificates last week while on the Getaway, so we will have to cruise twice with them over the next 4 years. We also purchased another RC cruise while on the Oasis, but have to reschedule it because my spring break date changed for next year.

If you're looking for top-notch Broadway-calibre shows and enjoy an abundance of professional entertainment, then there's no doubt in my mind that the Oasis class (I haven't tried the newer ships) is way better than the others. If you're more interested in the ports of call than the entertainment, then the "smaller" ships are great. We have been on many short cruises on the relatively small Majesty and loved them. Just depends what you're looking for.