RCCL doubling fares for 2017! Too rich for us

We were n Liberty in a GS last week in April 2016, cost for 2017 for same GS is about 100 more for last week in April 2017

You must've been on our cruise George, April 24th-May 1st. Yep you were on our roll call.

Like I said before, its much higher for an E1 same time same place.

Edited by BecciBoo

Never noticed any higher pricing for Holidays except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. But maybe as you say. We were just trying to go with some cruise buds who already have one booked on Harmony and we were just shocked at the pricing on her....so we tried Liberty....and were equally shocked.

When we first booked Oasis on her maiden year, we got $899pp for a oceanview balcony and it has consistently gone up since then. Now an inside on Harmony is considerably more on her maiden year.

Like I said before, we'll have to save more money.:cool:

Lot's of school districts have spring break that overlaps with Easter. Ours does. So Easter will have the spring break premium.

We usually book a year or 2 in advance. The new Harmony is also way higher than the cruise we did on Allure, but that was couple years ago. I'm just saying the pricing is much higher compared from year to year.

Newer ships get premium pricing. Recently I was pricing (D1-D8) Oasis class Eastern Caribbean cruises for April 2018. It went something like this:

Harmony $1400 (4-8-18)

Allure $1200 (4-15-18)

Oasis $1000 (4-8-18)

Very similar itineraries.

So you pay for that "new ship smell" :)

I don't book cruises for Summer months but otherwise I the prices seem to be close to the same on 2014-2018 sailings that I have looked at.

To preface, just got off Liberty in May, our centrum E1 cost us $1450 with our Diamond discount.

Pricing 2017 season, albeit middle of summer, the lowest summer price is:

$1,619.00 USD*

AVG $809.50 / PERSON USD*

+ Taxes, fees and port expenses $199.66 USD*

DEALS INCLUDED

EXCEPT....this is an inside!:eek: If we do the balcony again, it goes to 2800 and that's with their new deal plus Diamond discount and every other discount put in perameters.

RCCL is quickly pricing us right out of cruising!!! Dare I say we may be heading to Carni????? Looks like it. Or maybe now's the time to consider the Mexican rentals. What in blue thunder is going on!!!

Have fun on Carnival. I'll stick with RC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weird stuff happens with pricing. Sometimes it's obvious to us; for example shoulder season vs. height of summer, or Easter break. Other times it's not obvious to us; for example, a group may've already scooped up a bunch of rooms on the cruise in question.

I suggest you look at the weeks surrounding your preferred week and see if a week +/- might make a difference in the price.

For 2016 I was this close not to sail with Royal but I found a deal stitching ships and the month of my trip. For some reasons any class ship built after oasis prices are expensive. I don't need a flow rider or rock wall at sea since I find those at my local mall. I rather still sail with those " old ships" which doesn't charge your for the sauna.

By the way I had a reservation with NCL already when I found the deal with Royal. Worst case scenario I had to sail with NCL but I guess it is not happening.

Just got off Explorer in May...35 night B2B/Transpacific was $1,670pp with $875 OBC. :eek:

Two weeks ago I booked a 14 night Transatlantic for April of 2017 for $699pp with $550 OBC. :D

Just booked an 8 night Pacific Coast on explorer for $374pp with $175 OBC. :)

(like ALL advertised cruises, prices quoted do not include taxes, tips, transfers, hotels, rental cars, or airfare)

I think the prices are just fine... never have ANY problem finding great deals. :o

I call it bottom feeding and I look for and book similar deals.

Dang, damd if you do damd if you don't, I started using the same April date to placate those of you who griped about apples/oranges....and I wasn't comparing months I was comparing years.

NCL is $2,467.42 for guarantee balcony on Escape....their pricing went from $599 up to $729 pp for inside when you went from 2016 to 2017.

All the pricing above is for last week in April, for an E1 or similar, with all taxes/fees. except my first post which was for July sailing.

I was making an observation and got pelted!

Guess I'll go back over to Celebrity board, they don't seem as critical as you guys. Been a while since posting here.

Look at MSC; they have a deal starting on balconies at $598 per person, and from summer 2017 onwards they include a drink voucher program and some other goodies. Worth checking out.

I have gotten some great deals on Anthem, by booking the first day they are released. Some of my cruises have more than doubled since I booked. Most are about $500-$1000 more than what I paid. One 12 night cruise I paid $2400 solo for a D1, last time I looked it was $4800.

To preface, just got off Liberty in May, our centrum E1 cost us $1450 with our Diamond discount.

$1,619.00 USD*

DEALS INCLUDED

EXCEPT....this is an inside!:eek: If we do the balcony again, it goes to 2800 and that's with their new deal plus Diamond discount and every other discount put in perameters.

RCCL is quickly pricing us right out of cruising!!! Dare I say we may be heading to Carni????? Looks like it. Or maybe now's the time to consider the Mexican rentals. What in blue thunder is going on!!!

I don't think that's a bad price. Now look at the price of the Anthem now that's what I call high, but I still booked 2 cruises on her since we don't like to fly

Have fun on Carnival. I'll stick with RC.

Honestly we are D+ with Royal, but have tried Carnival and liked it too. Part of the reason was their Journeys Cruise on the Carnival Pride this past January that went to the ABC islands and ended in San Juan. Stayed on for a b2b back to Baltimore (21 wonderful days). I wish Royal would do something like that. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Read that again dude, the balcony IS double what we paid this year!

You put the dollars all broken down about an Inside. Then you sort of had a throwaway line about the balcony being $2800. If you wanted us to see "double" obviously you should have done the breakdown for the balcony. Formatting of posts is just as important as all the words used in a post. It is what it is.

Dang, damd if you do damd if you don't, I started using the same April date to placate those of you who griped about apples/oranges....and I wasn't comparing months I was comparing years.

I was making an observation and got pelted!

No one pelted you.

You cannot compare years properly unless you compare months. It just doesn't work that way.

You could somehow find out what your balcony would have cost for this summer and compared this summer to next summer. Or you could compare this May to next May. But it's just totally inappropriate to compare this May to next Summer.

Should I compare a Christmas cruise to a December 1 cruise? Of course not.

For 2016 I was this close not to sail with Royal but I found a deal stitching ships and the month of my trip. For some reasons any class ship built after oasis prices are expensive. I don't need a flow rider or rock wall at sea since I find those at my local mall. I rather still sail with those " old ships" which doesn't charge your for the sauna.

By the way I had a reservation with NCL already when I found the deal with Royal. Worst case scenario I had to sail with NCL but I guess it is not happening.

Your mall has a flowrider??? Now that's fancy shopping...

We hadn't priced anything for next year out of Galveston, but for three successive years have seen progressively lower pricing for Thanksgiving week. It's a supply and demand thing. Lot more cruise options in Galveston now and demand has not quite kept pace.

Not your dude friend....

You compared a I cabin to a balcony... in my mind, no comparison.

UHHH, she distinctly compared identical cabins. If you could read half as fast (presuming you know how to read) as you type, you would have seen that the interior cabin was only used as a reference of the lowest available price.

Who knows, you may actually have seen that, but obviously you couldn't process it fast enough for it to make sense to you.:rolleyes:

The other factor to consider is how far in advance did you book this past May's cruise on Liberty of the Seas? You can get better deals if you can book well over a year in advance, for which it would be too late for next July's sailings.

I have found that to be so true.

We usually book a year or 2 in advance. The new Harmony is also way higher than the cruise we did on Allure, but that was couple years ago. I'm just saying the pricing is much higher compared from year to year.

Did not mean to cause a fire storm....but that's how I see it.

We aren't "giving up" RCCL , never said that, but it may affect our cruising frequency.

I too have noticed prices increasing. We have three cruises booked right now and will see how things go when we're on our third whether or not we will book onboard, which is what we usually do.

Prices have gone up since last Fall when I booked several cruises all with obc. Now no more obc. We will still cruise, but only once a year instead of three times and for no more than 5 days.

Princess seems to have better prices and itineraries for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Did not mean to cause a fire storm....but that's how I see it.

We aren't "giving up" RCCL , never said that, but it may affect our cruising frequency.

We attempted to book Harmony in a GS, out about 9 months at the time. It was almost $2k+ higher than similar cruise on Allure. Harmony has a premium on her as she is new...

$1,619.00 USD*

DEALS INCLUDED

If true, RCCL is gonna have a lovely time trying to fill those bazillion-dollar ships they're building. Good luck, fellas. And count me out -I am not going to pay for your dumb business decisions.

UHHH, she distinctly compared identical cabins. If you could read half as fast (presuming you know how to read) as you type, you would have seen that the interior cabin was only used as a reference of the lowest available price.

Who knows, you may actually have seen that, but obviously you couldn't process it fast enough for it to make sense to you.:rolleyes:

Really, please re-read again his post... He title is, RCCL doubles prices. His current cabin was raised $200, not nearly double... but from an I cabin to a balcony was more than double...

Do I really not understand? Yes, I do know how to read, just have problems with my Southern Accent.... I am guilty of that.... please be nice...

We attempted to book Harmony in a GS, out about 9 months at the time. It was almost $2k+ higher than similar cruise on Allure. Harmony has a premium on her as she is new...

RCCL has bargains, but not on the newer ships we looked at Allure for a GS then looked at Navigator, and got a 9 day cruise in GS for more than a 1000 less than 7 day for same week .

$1,619.00 USD*

DEALS INCLUDED

I know what you mean for us too, better value else where.