Patter only delivered to staterooms on seadays?? read on

Bababooey Land

what days would you like the Patter to be delivered to stateroom?  

545 members have voted

1. 1. what days would you like the Patter to be delivered to stateroom?

• All Days
    • Only on Sea Days
    • who cares, i never read it!

Just talked to a customer service representative about 5 minutes ago. I had sent them a request to keep the patters and sent them a link to this discussion. She informed me that the Patters would remain being distributed to the rooms each night as they are now. I also asked about getting rid of all the useless ads that are put in each room and she said they were looking into it but no change to that as of now. So 97% are going to show that Princess does listen when they are given the desires of their customers.

I really doubt that customer service has any idea what you are talking about, or is truly an authority of what Princess does or intends to do in the future.

If their intent is to save paper...how about fewer sales brochures. We usually get 3-4 pieces of paper daily that go immediately into the trash can. Don't even look at them.:cool:

I can't read it on my kindle. Can you save it as a photo? Please?

Just back from the Princess Regal and we were given this notice in our stateroom on the first day. I added the notice as an attachment.

This sounds like a cost cutting move on the part of Princess, although they claim its for their environmental program. Personally, I enjoy reading the patter the night prior so I can plan the following day out. The App is cool and works well but I don't think it replaces a hard copy.

I think its great that Princess is trying to better the environment but for me this was a bust.

A CRUISE A YEAR KEEPS ME IN GEAR

Just wanted to follow up and confirm what Potstech said with my own experience.

I sent an email to Ms. Swartz describing our disappointment with this new trial run for the patter being delivered on sea days only. I included no other contact information other than my name. I received a call today from Princesses corporate office explaining that Ms. Swartz had read my email and a decision was made to immediately terminate the test program.

While I take with a very large grain of salt that she took the time to read my email, but of course it is always possible, I do appreciate the fact that someone took the time and energy to locate my contact information, call me and personally tell me that my (our) voices were heard and a change had been implemented.

As previously stated by other posters, this isn't the first time Princess has taken quick action on new changes that have not gone over well. The charge in Alfredo's, the Royal (and I'm assuming the Regal soon) and the center staircase, and now the Patter delivery.

Companies will always try different things, some will be successful and some will not. I do not fault Princess for trying something new, even though I do believe that this one was short sighted. What I greatly appreciate is their ability to truly listen to their customers and make changes accordingly. This seems to be more and more rare these days and is a main reason why DW and I will continue to be loyal Princess cruisers.

I mentioned what I like to do. I did not mention what anyone else, including

you, should do.

Here is the quote:

"BTW, on cruises I use an android phone that I bought for $10 on black friday.

It has no service, so I can't get any surprise charges; the boss isn't going

to mail/message me on it; and if it decides it

wants to enjoy the hot-tub with me, I don't have to cry."

Perhaps you can be so kind as to point out where there is a suggestion

of what anyone should do.

Thank your for your courtesy.

By your constant insistance that people do not need to have a patter delivered daily to their rooms. You have supported that concep by your large red postings.

By the way Princess does not agree with you as I have posted

They will continue to deliver the Platters to the cabins each night.

When people use hyperbole then they are losing the discussion. Great suggestion Shredie. Thanks for delivering the patter to my cabin Pablo. I love my gadgets and have my phone on me always but always read the patters after dinner.

Thanks to the OP for raising and now seemingly fixing this issue!

Edited by Pushka

Princess' marketing people are now and have been for some years a completely clueless bunch with little to no knowledge of cruising. The idiotic things they dream up could not be invented by people who have actually been on a cruise ship.

I't's like that old line I used to hear..Put a typewriter in a room full of monkeys & eventually they'll type the complete works of Shakespeare(or in this case the Patter!)

By your constant insistance that people do not need to have a patter delivered daily to their rooms.

Somehow you do not grasp that this is a poll.

A poll solicits opinions. I have offered mine, as have others.

If you have followed these posts, the poll is

about 1 million : 1 against me.

Apparently, you do not welcome opinions other than your own.

You might simply prefer to not read my posts.

Cruise Critic even provides you with a mechanism to do this

automatically.

But, it's rather rude to make up things about me.

I have never made the slightest suggestion about what others should do.

I don't recall this thread containing surveys on whether Princess should retire its intranet

Um 90% of the posts in this thread have said

"I don't own a smart phone" and/or "I don't want to use a phone on vacation."

How would a reasonable person would conclude that in intranet

offers any value to princess customers?

Maybe they can can the intranet, and bring back main dining room

lunch on port days with the savings. Almost everyone on cruises eats.

Edited by pablo222

By the way Princess does not agree with you as I have posted

Personally, I think it is highly likely that princess will continue

distributing the patter with no change.

But, as has been shown here many, many times,

calling princess does not always return a factually correct answer.

Unless of course, it is the answer you are agree with;

and then it is the word of god.

I would not be surprised to learn that more calories have been expended objecting to the change in this thread than required to visit Passenger Services to pick personal copies of Princess Patters.

Major kudos to Princess for righting this wrong promptly! DH and I have tried to use the app instead, but it doesn't fully replace the Patter. Some activities have been missing; plus we love reading all the extras in the Patter like the bios, weather, hours of places open, etc. And of course beyond all of that, there's the nightly excitement of running to grab the Patter before the other!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Somehow you do not grasp that this is a poll.

A poll solicits opinions. I have offered mine, as have others.

If you have followed these posts, the poll is

about 1 million : 1 against me.

Apparently, you do not welcome opinions other than your own.

You might simply prefer to not read my posts.

Cruise Critic even provides you with a mechanism to do this

automatically.

But, it's rather rude to make up things about me.

I have never made the slightest suggestion about what others should do.

Made up nothing about you at all. And I have never made any statement about you not being able to post your opinion. I like reading all posts even those I disagree with. It is just some posters do not seem to like when others disagree with them and post that opinion.

Um 90% of the posts in this thread have said

"I don't own a smart phone" and/or "I don't want to use a phone on vacation."

How would a reasonable person would conclude that in intranet

offers any value to princess customers?

Hmmm. Let's see now. If only there were other devices that could be used to access the intranet besides phones. I wonder......Maybe....a....tablet? A Kindle? A laptop?

How on earth does one get from: "I don't use my phone on a cruise" to: "I don't want to access the intranet/internet?" If Evel Knievel could have made leaps like you, he would have made it across Snake River Canyon.

Personally, I think it is highly likely that princess will continue

distributing the patter with no change.

But, as has been shown here many, many times,

calling princess does not always return a factually correct answer.

Unless of course, it is the answer you are agree with;

and then it is the word of god.

Again you are wrong. I did not call them. I sent them an email converning this issue with a link to this discussion. They then called me. As to future distribution of the patter I have no information.

Just talked to a customer service representative about 5 minutes ago. I had sent them a request to keep the patters and sent them a link to this discussion. She informed me that the Patters would remain being distributed to the rooms each night as they are now. I also asked about getting rid of all the useless ads that are put in each room and she said they were looking into it but no change to that as of now. So 97% are going to show that Princess does listen when they are given the desires of their customers.

Great news!So glad to hear that the trial delivery of The Patter not delivered daily will resume to daily on The Regal. I will be sailing her in Nov. for the first time. Hope a current Regal passenger can confirm this.

Julie

I would not be surprised to learn that more calories have been expended objecting to the change in this thread than required to visit Passenger Services to pick personal copies of Princess Patters.

I think your missing the point. If Princess were to eliminate all delivery of all printed material, ok I would adapt. But the fact remained that they were still going to bring the advertisements and revenue generating items and make it an inconvenience for passengers by making them go to pick up the Patter from the PSD.

Plus, clearly this post and the responses generated by it worked as Princess has rescinded the new trial.

Missing the point really.

(Ah, just read the post above mine. Not alone it seems. :p)

Edited by Pushka

Hmmm. Let's see now. If only there were other devices that could be used to access the intranet besides phones. I wonder......Maybe....a....tablet? A Kindle? A laptop?

How on earth does one get from: "I don't use my phone on a cruise" to: "I don't want to access the intranet/internet?" If Evel Knievel could have made leaps like you, he would have made it across Snake River Canyon.

Makes sense to me as I only bring my phone and Paperwhite onboard. Phone becomes a brick and stored at in the safe. Only comes out at the end of the cruise or emergency.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

Just wanted to follow up and confirm what Potstech said with my own experience.

I sent an email to Ms. Swartz describing our disappointment with this new trial run for the patter being delivered on sea days only. I included no other contact information other than my name. I received a call today from Princesses corporate office explaining that Ms. Swartz had read my email and a decision was made to immediately terminate the test program.

While I take with a very large grain of salt that she took the time to read my email, but of course it is always possible, I do appreciate the fact that someone took the time and energy to locate my contact information, call me and personally tell me that my (our) voices were heard and a change had been implemented.

As previously stated by other posters, this isn't the first time Princess has taken quick action on new changes that have not gone over well.

Maybe you could also tell her your opinion of requiring payment for any booked Princess excursions at the time they are reserved before the cruise, another experiment Princess is trying on one ship this year.

Well, phew, glad that I will still get my Patters. After all, how would I know what "todays cocktail" would be without reading it!

I've not done many cruises but have saved the Patters from each one, and like others have said, reading the Patter for the next day is my bedtime reading. I would be lost without it. Hopefully we will still get the Port Guides too?

Count me among those who still have the daily Patters (Carnival Capers, RCI Cruise Compasses) from EVERY cruise I've ever been on. They are in the scrapbooks for each cruise, or filed away for those cruises I didn't do large scrapbooks for.

Sometimes I'm not out and about after 9:30 or 10 especially if I have a very early excursion the next day so it will be an inconvenience to leave the cabin to go to Passenger Services to get one.

Stupid idea, Princess.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk