Patter only delivered to staterooms on seadays?? read on

Bababooey Land

what days would you like the Patter to be delivered to stateroom?  

545 members have voted

1. 1. what days would you like the Patter to be delivered to stateroom?

• All Days
    • Only on Sea Days
    • who cares, i never read it!

DW and I are in our early 30s and started with Princess in our early 20s and have loved it. I'm a techie, I have the newest phone, tablets computer etc, read books on a kindle and a tablet. I keep my phone on me while cruising, in airplane mode, to take photos, as an alarm and to browse the patter occasionally.

However, I love the paper patter, I enjoy reading at night to see what they next day holds, some things you cannot replace with technology. I'm sure we are the exception and not the rule, but it's not just older generations that appreciate the printed patter.

We're about twice your age & both of us use mobile devices like you do plus to check our shipboard accounts & an occasional text message when we have lost each other. :p I agree that to occasionally view the Patter on the P@S intranet is convenient but it's not a replacement for a printed copy of the Patter.

In April 2015 sailing the Regal (a ship built with the P@S system) on a TA from FL to Copenhagen, the P@S system worked for the first couple of days but not thereafter. The Internet manager said that because of the time difference they couldn't work with HQ IT to correct the problem which is difficult for me to believe.

Our devices are rather new but they're not the newest versions and I certainly didn't mean to demean everyone in younger generations because I continue to learn new things from them also. :)

Most Princess passengers I've met are "young at heart" but not all of them are comfortable with new technology...sadly that's something the Princess marketing team does not understand. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

Our devices are rather new but they're not the newest versions and I certainly didn't mean to demean everyone in younger generations because I continue to learn new things from them also. :)

I didn't take it that way at all. I just want Princess to understand that even us tech crazy kids want the paper patter and their solution of using my phone is garbage! [emoji41]

Looks like this is the closest any CC poll will get to being unanimous! Why should anyone be forced to carry around a smart phone or tablet all day, risking loss, damage, or theft? What about the many people who prefer to 'disconnect' while on vacation? As others have said, get rid of the hundreds of sheets of advertising that we always throw away without even reading. If someone is really interested in spa treatments, jewelry specials, or art auctions, they will find them without the constant throw-away flyers.

Looks like this is the closest any CC poll will get to being unanimous! Why should anyone be forced to carry around a smart phone or tablet all day, risking loss, damage, or theft? What about the many people who prefer to 'disconnect' while on vacation? As others have said, get rid of the hundreds of sheets of advertising that we always throw away without even reading. If someone is really interested in spa treatments, jewelry specials, or art auctions, they will find them without the constant throw-away flyers.

Never ,ever, read those crappy ads! straight into the trash!

This is right up their alley with "save the waves" program. IE ..We have to spend less to wash your towels dailey!

Edited by Reader0108598

Never ,ever, read those crappy ads! straight into the trash!

This is right up their alley with "save the waves" program. IE ..We have to spend less to wash your towels dailey!

same here. If they want to save paper quit giving me all those ads!!! I immediately throw them in the garbage.

I am pretty easy going, but my phone goes in the safe when we leave port. I live with my computer and have no desire to be on it when on vacation.

It is simple - I want a paper copy of the Patter delivered to my cabin. Yes, I can go to Guest Services to get it, but why should I have to!! One of the things I tell everyone about why we cruise - i LOVE LOVE LOVE being taken care of!!!

I will add my agreement that I want a paper Patter everyday, in hopes that Princess is reading this thread and taking notice.

I use my phone at home constantly, checking twitter, emails, texts, and a score of apps that make daily life easier. However on a cruise, I want the luxury of leaving my phone in the safe. I don't want to have to carry my phone or tablet with me to know what is going on for the day on board.

The princess note that was posted said:

"Starting tomorrow July 7th, Princess Patters (daily activity guide)

will only be delivered to guest staterooms on seadays.

During ports of call,

Princess Patters will be available

from the Passenger Services Desk on deck 5."

It is amazing how upset people are over having to walk

to the purser's desk if they want a patter.

Probably because I dont want to waste my time going to the desk with a mass of other people doing likewise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with all of the above comments about wanting the Patter everyday.

Here's a suggestion for Princess. When we book a cruise they ask if we want Anytime or Traditional Dining, how we want the bed configured in the stateroom etc.

How about asking if we want a hard copy of the Patter everyday?

Then they would know who to deliver it to and who not to.

Agree with all of the above...

Regarding the Patter, we sometimes wish we had TWO as each of us would like to have one when we go opposite directions!!! LOL

I travel with a friend and we always ask the steward for two copies. We each like our own copy as we are not 'tied at the hips' during the days, sea or otherwise. So far, we've been able to get them. I use the app BUT I like the paper copy to see overall what is going on

Rmc2101. Rose Mary

I agree with all of the above comments about wanting the Patter everyday.

Here's a suggestion for Princess. When we book a cruise they ask if we want Anytime or Traditional Dining, how we want the bed configured in the stateroom etc.

How about asking if we want a hard copy of the Patter everyday?

Then they would know who to deliver it to and who not to.

One of the preferences asked in the Personalizer is language which I assume is used for determining what language version of the Patter is delivered. On our recent Baltic cruise, I saw a lot of non-English Patters in cabin mailboxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I concur that the paper Patters should be every day. I love highlighting what I have planned for the next day.

For me, the biggest problems about going to deck 5 to get it are:

1. How many people will I have to fight my way through to find them?
  2. Will they consistently be there at the same time every day?
  3. Will they be available the night before?
  4. I just like having my patter delivered each night. It is part of the ritual.

Oh my. It is a nighttime ritual for us to review and circle what we want to do the next day. I turn my phone into a brick if I bring it at all. And i save them all in a trip folder after the cruise. Pls pls pls let us opt-in for nightly patters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So 3600 pax are going to the guest relations desk to get their patters. Now what is wrong with this picture other than a mass nightmare. What is Princess thinking?

We study the Patter every night before going to sleep to plan our next day activities even if we are leaving the ship for part of the time. One of the items of interest is when we have to be back on the ship as well as tender information if necessary. We do not get off at every port so the daily activities are important even on a port day. This is a stupid idea.

Even currently, I have been able to get "tomorrow's" patter the night

before -- at the purser's desk. After some time, like 10PM.

One of the fun tasks of the person working overnight at the desk:

Take a huge stack of the patters that are delivered from the print

shop, and fold them one-by-one, so that they are folded when

passengers receive them.

Glad to hear......:):):)

Bob

It is amazing how upset people are over having to walk

to the purser's desk if they want a patter.

Gee, nothing like a leisurely walk from my cabin on deck 14 aft down to deck 6 in the center of the ship and then a leisurely walk back up to deck 14 aft.

And I can do this leisurely walk multiple times if when I get to the purser's desk I find the Patter is not available yet.

In the room - EVERYDAY - please. Forget about the art auctions and the jewelry sales, etc. We all know where to go to buy things on the ship, the stores are centrally located. Not so with the entertainment. I plan my day every evening once I am back in my cabin for the night.

In the room - EVERYDAY - please. Forget about the art auctions and the jewelry sales, etc. We all know where to go to buy things on the ship, the stores are centrally located. Not so with the entertainment. I plan my day every evening once I am back in my cabin for the night.

How can they stop the Art auction flyers, we all need to save of 50% compared to land based galleries. And the expensive champagne they give away to

I don't own a smart phone and don't need one. If it is called a "phone" that is what it should be.... As for tablets and the like, I don't own one and don't need one. KEEP THE PATTERS !!!

Us too! Although I do finally have a tablet, as of this month, it is just for reading books!

We don't even text with our phones. AND our phones do not work out of the USA, and we travel to lots of foreign places!!

3. Give me a printed TV guide or give me a function on the app to view the TV guide for the cruise. Make it accurate. If they can give us a very inefficient scrolling program guide on the TV, they can give us an interactive guide on the app to manually scroll through. They have the data. That would be much more convenient then spending so much time trying to find something on the scrolling guide on the TV. They can make the function selectable by date and time.

5. Give us back the log of the cruise. I don't always read it right away, but I almost always take it home.

6. And don't get ideas about eliminating printing of account information. I need to print it every couple of days to make sure everything on it is correct. I need to draw lines between debits and credits and make check marks to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I thought I still saw the printed tv guide in October when we last cruised with Princess. They were never super useful as I could not decide if it was day 12 or 13 of the cruise. Also the names of the channels were hard to match up with the channel numbers.

I never saw a scrolling program guide on the tv.

We always get a log of the cruise!

Yes, we frequently print out the account info. That's how we discovered when Princess double billed us!!

We need out printouts!

I've been on Princess twice and never saw a towel animal. Carnival and NCL --yes, but not Princess. Do they do it on some ships or itineraries and not others?

Having towel animals seems to depend on your room steward. If you get a towel animal and make a big deal of it, you will probably get more.

Some stewards do not do the animals at all. They have been assigned too many rooms to keep clean, or have too many demanding passengers.

Us too! Although I do finally have a tablet, as of this month, it is just for reading books!

We don't even text with our phones. AND our phones do not work out of the USA, and we travel to lots of foreign places!!

Having a tablet or ipad is only useful if you're in a cabin that is connected to wifi. All of the cabins are supposed to be, but we all know that's not the case. Two out of five times this past year I've been able to get wifi in the cabin, but the other three, I haven't.

Edited by Mackenzie1