Patter only delivered to staterooms on seadays?? read on

Bababooey Land

what days would you like the Patter to be delivered to stateroom?  

545 members have voted

1. 1. what days would you like the Patter to be delivered to stateroom?

• All Days
    • Only on Sea Days
    • who cares, i never read it!

I rarely post here, but felt it important to add one more vote to keep the Patters every day. I too am upset that the Cruise Log is no longer printed, and I would love to see that come back. Please do away with all the sales ads, spa ads, art auction ads, as all of those go directly into the trash. Keep the Patter coming every day, as I read the Patter daily, then refer back to it several times during the day.

What I would do just to get back at them is when I went to wherever they had the things, I would take 6 or 7 of them, rip the extras up, walk to the desk and hand the ripped ones to the person at the desk and tell them that this is what I think of their new policy

Wow.

I wonder how people will react if princess ever eliminates the

crayons (with the kids menu) in the dining room...

Sorry, techie person, but if there was a thumbs DOWN icon, that's what I would give your post.

You need to understand and recognize that there is still a segment of the population that is not of the same mind as you, and don't want to be. We only have a cell phone to carry in case of an emergency...

While I still want my Patter delivered, I understand completely where masterty is coming from. The Patter is not being eliminated. It will still be printed. You just need to pick one up. Much like hotels have done with newspapers. The problem is, I just don't trust (yet) the quality and efficiency of TV screens and the ship intranet. But someday...

I usually ask our steward for two copies to be left in our stateroom (we don't share well ;)). Maybe we are the reason for the cut back....sorry. I will gladly trade them several spa and auction ads for a patter.

Many times I have pulled out the patters after we cruised to convince others that cruising isn't boring. They start looking at the Patter and then they book a cruise. Cheap ad for Princess. Dumb, dumb idea.

I keep all the patters too for the reason above and for memories.

I would begin to question the higher ups if they feel this is a good move.:D

It wasn't until a few weeks ago that hubby and I switched to smart phones. We held off a long as possible but realized technology is going they way.:(

PS: We save all of ours and place in travel file of the trip at home. Then when friends inquire what is available on a Princess cruise, we share the Patters with them and let them see for themselves. They are a valuable sales tool.

We all so save a few each cruise. Friends of ours have ask about what is there to do on board the ship. We have given them a Patter to read. They were surprised about how much there was to do. They did book with Princess, and now love Princess.

Personally, I could care less if they delivered the patter daily. If there was an ACCURATE one available on the TV or App, I would be set for the day. We've been on enough cruises to understand our own daily routine.

I agree also.....Patter has a lot of fillers that are used all the time. Could care less about bios on officers, most traveled and all the sales ads that are redundant. It could easily be cut down to 2 pages of daily events and still save paper....;)

Unacceptable cutback. Previous posters have covered all the reasons for keeping the daily Patter delivery intact. I just do not want to be toting my phone around all day, period. My pockets on a cruise are for lipstick and a folded up Patter - not cellphones! :D

If their intent is to save paper...how about fewer sales brochures. We usually get 3-4 pieces of paper daily that go immediately into the trash can. Don't even look at them.:cool:

Agree...stop all the art auction and spa paper...we never look at them and just toss them in the trash. We like having a daily patter and do not want to carry our iPhone around with us to get it on line. :)

Plus, Princess@sea doesn't work off the ship. So if you're off the ship in port and need information from the Patter, you're out of luck (like the information they provide on how to get help getting back to the ship if you get lost).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was upset when they stopped the "Log of the Cruise" as I always kept them but now the Patters are going the same way.

Come on Princess a little less penny pinching please.:p

When did they stop the log I have been on 3 cruises since Jan. received a long on all most recent ended April 30th on the Crown.

we're with the bulk (pun intended) of y'all. Cut the worthless advertising and KEEP THE PATTER. We too, look forward to perusing it each nite when we return from dinner. steve

Exactly my thoughts.

PRINCESS - PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE SURVEY HERE!!!

Edited by caber

So, let me understand this correctly....

I will still be inundated with worthless flyers about how I need to purchase Tanzanite before the prices sky rockets, the "MUST ATTEND" art auction and the latest salon "Special"...not to mention the endless flyers they hand to me about the hottest "Shopping" spots in port while I'm disembarking the ship for some much needed beach time....but I'm not going to get my Princess Patter each night at bed time?

You already don't give me a towel animal unless I ask and now you want to take away my Patter?

Are you taking away the chocolate on my pillow too?

Is this some kind of crazy conspiracy? Seriously? Has someone at corporate lost their ever loving mind?

I live in Chicago and every single day on the news I hear about how someone else has been shot....I watch the national news and another riot has occurred....I watch international news and there's been another terrorist attack...so no, in the grand scheme of things in this life this is the LEAST of my problems....

BUT...

The freaking Princess Patters make me happy and if they take them away....that's just wrong...

If you want to cut back in the name "environmental friendliness" then get rid of all of the other crap you deliver to my cabin on a daily basis.

Don't touch my damned Princess Patters.

Plus, Princess@sea doesn't work off the ship. So if you're off the ship in port and need information from the Patter, you're out of luck (like the information they provide on how to get help getting back to the ship if you get lost).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple solution would be to take a pic of the info. Moot point for those of us who put the phones into the safes for the duration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app