Patter only delivered to staterooms on seadays?? read on

Bababooey Land

what days would you like the Patter to be delivered to stateroom?  

545 members have voted

1. 1. what days would you like the Patter to be delivered to stateroom?

• All Days
    • Only on Sea Days
    • who cares, i never read it!

Since they introduced the Princess@Sea app I've used it but... Not everything from the Patter is included in the app and the descriptions in the app are much less informative. If they want me to exclusively use the app they should improve what is included. They should also fix it so that the dang WiFi connection doesn't drop all the time. I have to constantly reconnect. Sometimes it seems that the Princess IT team must consist of people who failed the Wal Mart greeter course... :eek:

Agree!

Old school patters don't lose connection and actually weigh less than my smart phone!

Just put the ads somewhere else!

Hi All

Just another case of Princess listening to us, and then twisting things to fit

there own goals, yes we want less paper, no more spa offers, $10 sale flyers

art auction brochures, and do not even get me started about Effy it felt like

two flyers per day plus letters invites,

We want the Patter and add a TV guide into it.

yours Shogun

Crazy idea.

Eliminate all the other wasted flyers that go directly from the mailbox to the trash pail. Not everyone has a smart phone, tablet or laptop. While on a cruise I don't like to carry that extra baggage around.

I sincerely hope Princess reads this thread.

This is just plain unacceptable. I don't get bothered about much of anything, in fact I would say I just deal with most issues and move on, but you're going to make me walk to guest service, wait in line every port day and get a Patter? Ridiculous. How about you stop printing 10,000 pictures that 90% of are thrown away? Taking away the one thing that people most likely use the most because it's not a revenue generator is greedy not environmentally friendly.

..... off soapbox

:d since everyone (myself included) would like to continue to receive the patter daily however not the sales flyers why don't they have an area near the passenger service desk and pin up the flyers there for all too read?? :d

or have a pile on a small table near by?:)

exactly:)

I love the first line..."After listening to your feedback..." Care to take a guess at how many people left feedback that suggested eliminating daily Patter delivery? I'm thinking of a round number. As in "0". This is an astonishingly shortsighted idea. First, as we can see from the poll results, there is no passenger inertia in this direction. Second, the ship depends on collateral source income, all of which is advertised in the Patter. From photos to bingo, to jewelry sales, to spa treatments. These are essential revenue streams for the ship, and if they think that people will pay as much attention to these things without a printed Patter in their mail slot, they're nuts. Honestly, truly nuts.

Question for Bababooey: How long was the line as the Passenger Service Desk to pick up a printed Patter each day?

:D Since everyone (myself included) would like to continue to receive the Patter daily however not the sales flyers why don't they have an area near the Passenger Service desk and pin up the flyers there for all too read?? :D

Or have a pile on a small table near by?:)

Great idea, or go one step further, instead of stewards having to deliver them, why not have one person stand by the printer and chuck them straight in the bin.

Would save a lot of wasted man and woman hours.:):)

It's on the shipboard intranet.

Is there anyone left who doesn't have a smart phone, tablet, kindle, etc.?

Yes there are and there are many who put their's in the safe after turning them off. Keep the Patters.

Edited by Potstech

We have every Patter from every day from every cruise we've been on. Use them to plan our day while we're on our cruise then bring them as a wonderful remembrance of our trip.

Do not, do not, do not take away our daily Patter......!

:rolleyes: Oh brother, their justification is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I'll be on the Regal next month; if they are still running this silly trial I will not only be picking up the Patter at Customer Service but I will also be bringing them all that useless advertising dreck so they can ease their minds and recycle it.

Come to think of it, I will probably ask DH to pick up a Patter as well, so we both have a copy. Wouldn't it be something if it turns out this 'test' resulted in MORE Patters being printed? LOL.

There have been too many poorly designed tests by Princess recently such as the Grand this summer requiring prepayment to prebook tours & removing cabin name tags on some ships...they also used the same "after listening to your feedback" garbage for these changes. :rolleyes:

Their spin somehow makes such changes for the benefit of most of their passengers...do they really think we're that stupid. :rolleyes:

I like your idea to return all useless advertising to the PSD for recycling...they need to daily provide a printed copy of the Patter & instead let those interested in advertisements go to the PSD to get them which would save a lot of resources. :eek:

Princess@Sea is a useful tool for many of us but reading posts on CC it creates confusion for many passengers.

It's just the latest example of what were they thinking by Princess who seems to be getting more out of touch with their passengers' desires.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It's on the shipboard intranet.

Is there anyone left who doesn't have a smart phone, tablet, kindle, etc.?

My DH and I do not have a smart phone or a tablet. We only have an old fashion flip phone and a laptop and a desktop so we of course would want to have the patter. Please Princess keep delivering the Patters to our rooms.

Oh no say it isn't true. :eek:

No Patter delivered except sea days! It's my night time reading and I save all of them. I am onThe Regal just like the OP posted.

I want my Patter every day. I guess I will be visiting the PSD a lot to get one.

I agree with others I wish they had a trashcan in the cabin just for recycling or some place marked for all the unwanted brochures that we get. So far haven't seen Princess do this . If they're concerned with the recycling they definitely need a recycling bin for all that unwanted spa stuff ,art stuff ,shore excursion info.that were not interested in etc.,but I want my Patter!

I hope By November the Regal is back to the normal of sending the Patters every day.

Julie

As you can see from my signature, I keep the Patters, Compasses, Capers, etc. from all of our cruises. They are a fun way to re-live the cruise. Something a smart phone app can not reproduce. Plus, I don't carry the smart phone around on the ship anyway. It's pointless. I did take a look at Princess@Sea on our Ruby cruise a few months ago. It was a nice addition for obtaining shipboard information, but I never used it much. A folded Patter in my pocket was much more useful.

And if Princess was really serious about reducing paper waste, they need to get the photo kiosks that many cruise lines have now. That would eliminate tons of ship photos that go unsold every cruise.

I would immediately go down to the Passenger Services Desk and fill out a Comment card. Plus, I'd ask for a copy of the printed Patter. The more people who do this, the more Princess will get the message.

I'd be curious as to who the CD is on this cruise. My experience with Lee Childer while on a T/A (with lots of sea days) is that he had problems getting the Patter out the night before and then made frequent updates and corrections during the day.

If their intent is to save paper...how about fewer sales brochures. We usually get 3-4 pieces of paper daily that go immediately into the trash can. Don't even look at them.:cool:

Absolutely! "Trying to save paper" is a bogus excuse. Just another dumb "fix what ain't broke" move by the geniuses at Princess.

Edited by shredie