Need help deciding between Oasis, Allure and Harmony!!

We just got off of Adventure of the Seas and we're already planning our next cruise. This time we want to go on an Oasis class ship. I am having trouble finding a good comparison of all 3 ships so if anyone could provide a link or give me some input, that'd be great!!

Harmony is considerably more expensive ($500 per room more). I think it is the only one with water slides, am I correct? All three are taking the same (or close to the same) itineraries next summer and leave from Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale. The largest ship we have been on was Liberty so we do not need to spring for Harmony, but we are at least talking about it. I know it is the BIGGEST ship in the world right now, but really, how much bigger than Allure is it?

Also-- has anyone left from these ports before? What are the pros and cons of both? I know the "Orlando" port is about an hour drive from MCO. We would be flying from Philly so we're trying to weigh the pros and cons of each port and determine which one would ultimately be cheaper.

Edited by samb413

Choose the cheapest combination of cruise and airfare.

I've been on Oasis and Allure and loved them both. I'm planning to do Harmony next year and can't wait to go on the ship and try the waterslides but Oasis and Allure are just as good and you'll enjoy them.

BTW, Harmony is only 2,000GT bigger than OA or AL.

Edited by Joe12

Differences between Oasis and Allure are Oasis has Cats and the Solarium Bistro and sails from Port Canaveral while Allure has Mamma Mia and Samba and sails from Ft Lauderdale. Both sail Sunday's. IMO the only deciding factor between these 2 ships would be price.

Harmony has the waterslides, Grease, Wonderland and Jamies Italian. She sails Saturday's from Ft. Lauderdale. I wouldn't pay a lot more to sail on her especially if you haven't been on Oasis or Allure.

It is far easier to depart from Port Everglades. You can see the ships from airport property. Quick cab ride.

Coming from Philly, you probably have Southwest as an option to either. Unless the water slides are a $500 must, you can get a comparable experience on Oasis and Allure. Ports, that's a personal choice depending on what you plan to do ashore. Labadee is always an easy beach day; no arrangements necessary.

You might also consider which Broadway show you wish to see - Cats on Oasis or Mama Mia on Allure.

You might also want to consider your sailing window. Not all cruise lines go out of FLL year round. If you can go in October or May, the price of the cruise is less, hotel prices are lower, and airline seats more accessible.

When we sailed Oasis out of FLL in May, we were shocked that there were no other cruise ships in port. On a previous January cruise out of FLL, the port was full.

We booked Harmony for next January back when there was a brief window of very low prices - very low. Now that we are making final arrangements, both airfare and hotel room prices are more than twice as expensive as May.

Hesitant at first, we really enjoyed Oasis class - other than their haunted port side aft elevators.

Differences between Oasis and Allure are Oasis has Cats and the Solarium Bistro and sails from Port Canaveral while Allure has Mamma Mia and Samba and sails from Ft Lauderdale. Both sail Sunday's. IMO the only deciding factor between these 2 ships would be price.

Harmony has the waterslides, Grease, Wonderland and Jamies Italian. She sails Saturday's from Ft. Lauderdale. I wouldn't pay a lot more to sail on her especially if you haven't been on Oasis or Allure.

These are my thoughts exactly. Thanks so much for the input. I'll be looking at the Oasis or Allure sailings!

Ditto!!!! Good answer Ken:)

Pros for Harmony: Quantum class interiors, slides, bionic bar, newer ship, Italian by Jamie Oliver instead of Giovanni's Table, Wonderland Restaurant.

Pros for Allure: has a chapel, swimming pool in Solarium, classic MDR.

Pros for Oasis: has a seafood restaurant (specialty) instead of Sabor.

Pros for Harmony: Quantum class interiors, slides, bionic bar, newer ship, Italian by Jamie Oliver instead of Giovanni's Table, Wonderland Restaurant.

Pros for Allure: has a chapel, swimming pool in Solarium, classic MDR.

Pros for Oasis: has a seafood restaurant (specialty) instead of Sabor.

Oasis now has Sabor and not a seafood restaurant and all the things that you listed for Allure.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Totally agree with this. We will eventually sail on Harmony, but I'm not willing to pay what they're asking right now. We've been on both Oasis and Allure and those ships are awesome. You can't go wrong with either one.

Totally agree with this. We will eventually sail on Harmony, but I'm not willing to pay what they're asking right now. We've been on both Oasis and Allure and those ships are awesome. You can't go wrong with either one.

We lucked out and were able to book Harmony for less than Oasis and Allure were for the same week. It was back on the first "sale" that they had that didn't exclude Harmony and they forgot to inflate the prices.

The prices have now more than doubled. I'm glad that we will get to sail on her once but after this March I'm sure it will be several years before we sail her again. There are now significant price differences between the 3 sisters.

For what it's worth, Port Canaveral is a much better experience than Port Everglades, for both arriving and leaving. It's practically a straight shot from Orlando International Airport to Port Canaveral, down the "Beachline," State Road 528. It's a toll road, but very nice and worth the small expense.

I think we have decided on the Allure sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale! Thanks to everyone for the input!

Congrats!!! Love the Allure and LOVE sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. Easiest port ever and all the hotels on 17th St..are wonderful. Tons of shops, restaurants, bars, liquor stores, Dollar store, ALL right there!!! No rental car needed for anything. :)

Congrats!!! Love the Allure and LOVE sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. Easiest port ever and all the hotels on 17th St..are wonderful. Tons of shops, restaurants, bars, liquor stores, Dollar store, ALL right there!!! No rental car needed for anything. :)

Yesss hotel info! We were talking about flying in a few days early and spending some time on the Florida beaches!

Also-- has anyone left from these ports before? What are the pros and cons of both? I know the "Orlando" port is about an hour drive from MCO. We would be flying from Philly so we're trying to weigh the pros and cons of each port and determine which one would ultimately be cheaper.

FYI, though the website annoyingly calls it "Orlando's Port Canaveral", Orlando is 40

miles away. It is not even in the same county! :eek: I wish they would call it simply

Port Canaveral. Or "Cape Canaveral's" Port Canaveral, or "Brevard county's Cape

Canaveral". Sheezz... :( Orlando/Orange county has the mouse...we have the port. :D

Agree, if you are flying in....Ft. Lauderdale is easy since it is a quick taxi/shuttle

ride to the port.

Agree with another poster that Port Canaveral, however, is much easier to use. Ft.

Lauderdale/Port Everglades can get really nuts for driving in.

For me, it is a quick 20 minute drive from the house...so Oasis is it for pax like me! :)

... Agree with another poster that Port Canaveral, however, is much easier to use. Ft.

Lauderdale/Port Everglades can get really nuts for driving in. ...

We are fly-in cruisers and still prefer Port Canaveral to Port Everglades. Yes the airport is farther away, but the area around the port is much less crowded and hectic and hotels are more reasonably priced.

Have sailed on all three. Harmony is NOT bigger than Oasis and Allure in any meaningful sense - they are all exactly the same. However, she does have water slides and the big Abyss slide so it that matters $500 worth to you, then that might be a reason. I didn't go on them personally, so it wouldn't be for me!

The Solarium, I think, is less good in Harmony - there's no little cooling off pool, only hot tubs, which is the last thing you want in the Solarium!

Harmony definitely doesn't have. Viking Crown lounge - the other two did when I sailed on them, although maybe they don't any more.

I did think the cabin decor on harmony was very nice - tasteful restful pale blues and greys. Footrests on balconies. USB chargers. She also had my favourite Aqua and skating shows so far. Also if you've got little kids, I thought the kids pool area was particularly good.

I would go in itinerary, price, shows and restaurants. Would I pay $500 more for Harmony? Almost certainly not.

We are fly-in cruisers and still prefer Port Canaveral to Port Everglades. Yes the airport is farther away, but the area around the port is much less crowded and hectic and hotels are more reasonably priced.

Thanks!! We adore going out of Port Canaveral for the same reasons, even

though we live here too! ;) And I always dread that awful nail biter drive when

we have to cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. The transfer from both I-95 or

the turnpike is scary driving getting to the port especially.

Happy we are getting Oasis here, no need to go down to Ft. Lauderdale

now when we want to board an Oasis class...but dearly miss the Freedom

when she leaves. :(

Edited by island lady