How many cruises have you done with Celebrity?

B1G

How many cruises have you done with Celebrity?  

515 members have voted

1. 1. How many cruises have you done with Celebrity?

Celebrity won't release any information on number of Zeniths. I would guess between 100 and 120. Let us know when you are Zenith so you can be added to Arno's zenith FB page. The number of people achieving Zenith appears to be slowing down, although we seem to be adding a few every month. This topic should be a separate thread. Looking forward to welcoming you to the group.

I'm Zenith :) No X cruises booked however, all Azamara and Seabourn.

Our first cruise with X will be in May 2017. I don't want to usurp this tread, but, because experienced cruiser have participated to this thread, I would like to thank experienced X cruisers for sharing on these boards their sea experiences, ship and port knowledge. It's really appreciated! I also have a question. I understand that perks and recognition increase the more you cruise. This said, on a previous cruise, as well as some people on these boards, seem to become more and more critical regarding their cruise experience, by constantly comparing with previous experience; while others seems to be able to maintain the excitement and passion about cruising. What is the secret to keep cruising and being able to maintain the fun, the passion and the enjoyment of repeated trips at sea?

Our first is coming up in a few weeks, Scandinavia & Russia on the silhouette!!!!!

And we're bringing her back home to FTL in Nov for the winter. Can't wait. Love TA's.

We are going on our 2nd Celebrity cruise next month, Solstice to Alaska! We are D+ on Royal and will be Elite.:D Our first Celebrity cruise was on Century, so it will be interesting to see the difference between ships.

Sherri:)

To date 26 cruises on X and 21 on Azamara.

Future bookings 0 on X and 14 on Azamara.

Floris

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Our first cruise with X will be in May 2017. I don't want to usurp this tread, but, because experienced cruiser have participated to this thread, I would like to thank experienced X cruisers for sharing on these boards their sea experiences, ship and port knowledge. It's really appreciated! I also have a question. I understand that perks and recognition increase the more you cruise. This said, on a previous cruise, as well as some people on these boards, seem to become more and more critical regarding their cruise experience, by constantly comparing with previous experience; while others seems to be able to maintain the excitement and passion about cruising. What is the secret to keep cruising and being able to maintain the fun, the passion and the enjoyment of repeated trips at sea?

Are you aware that this is almost a duplicate of the exact same message (with somewhat different wording) you posted here about 6 hours ago?

To answer your question, there is no secret.

A lot has to do with one's level of expectation and past experiences.

The reality is that in cruising, as in other aspects of life, things change, some for the better and some for the worse.

Whether any particular change is for the better or worse depends on your point of view.

I see no reason why people should not be able (in your words) "to maintain the fun, the passion and the enjoyment of repeated trips at sea" while also acknowledging that some of the things they previously enjoyed are now missing, and pointing out improvements that they would like to see.

There is also the option of trying another cruise line. Many of us cruise on more than one line, depending on which features matter most to us at the time.

Edited by varoo

We are going on our 2nd Celebrity cruise next month, Solstice to Alaska! We are D+ on Royal and will be Elite.:D Our first Celebrity cruise was on Century, so it will be interesting to see the difference between ships.

Sherri:)

We're the same, first on Century, 2nd coming up on Solstice.

I wish there was a "jealous" smilie! :D

This is our first one on Carnival - 8/15, but my 15th cruise. Looking forward to comparing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are still noobies having taken our first cruise in 2011. We have 2 cruises with X so far with 28 days total and we have 2 more booked. With those 2 up coming cruises we will add 25 more days to the total.

About half of our cruises have been with Celebrity -- 28 total (260 days), with one coming up next year. We've been testing the waters of other cruise lines as of late, with NCL being the biggest surprise*.

*NCL with a the Ultimate Dining Package and the Beverage package, puts the food level at, or above that of Celebrity. Requires every evening meal taken in one of their alternative restaurants, breakfast or lunch in the MDR, and avoiding the buffet completely. Entertainment is better than Celebrity! Service is good, not Celebrity good, but fine. Space ratio is pretty good in some of their ships. Nice to have different itineraries.

Celebrity is still our "go too" cruise line, but it's nice to mix it up a bit.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Just finished 31 earlier this year, and have four booked in the next year or so. Love Celebrity. This may surprise some as I have on occasion been one of those not happy with many of the changes in recent years (and reserve my right to say what I think - both good and bad - it is called Cruise 'Critic' after all, not Cruise Cheerleader :)), but as my upcoming bookings suggest, I still feel it is head and shoulders above the other cruise lines in the same category.

Are you aware that this is almost a duplicate of the exact same message (with somewhat different wording) you posted here about 6 hours ago?

To answer your question, there is no secret.

A lot has to do with one's level of expectation and past experiences.

The reality is that in cruising, as in other aspects of life, things change, some for the better and some for the worse.

Whether any particular change is for the better or worse depends on your point of view.

I see no reason why people should not be able (in your words) "to maintain the fun, the passion and the enjoyment of repeated trips at sea" while also acknowledging that some of the things they previously enjoyed are now missing, and pointing out improvements that they would like to see.

There is also the option of trying another cruise line. Many of us cruise on more than one line, depending on which features matter most to us at the time.

My apologies for posting it twice. Something odd occurred during my first attempt and received an error message. I did not have any indication that it was successfully posted. So thank you for letting me know and for your feedback!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One X cruise for me but it was good enough to make me book number two while on board. Silhouette January 2016, Reflection January 2017.

Norris

Hiya Norris! Never been on the Sillie, but the Reflection is similar and a beautiful ship! I expect to see some pictures and a write up. I'll be on Solstice for the first time, also similar to Sillie and Reflection, this September. Next January we'll be on Ruby Princess and then Crown Princess in March, then three more cruises on Celebrity later in 2017. Busy times.

1,697 days by year's end, not that I'm addicted to cruising. ;)

My computer miscounted.. subtract 268 days for non Celebrity Cruises.

1,468 days On Celebrity ships. I'm still addicted but I'm distracted by competing offers occasionally. :eek: