How many cruises have you done with Celebrity?

B1G

515 members have voted

1. 1. How many cruises have you done with Celebrity?

We've sailed 17 cruise equaling 182 days with Celebrity. We have 3 more booked equaling 40 more days. I haven't booked any Celebrity cruises since 2015. We've been on two Princess cruises this year and have one booked for next year and are on our way to Elite there. We also booked a Viking Ocean cruise for next year.

Cynthia

Hiya Norris! Never been on the Sillie, but the Reflection is similar and a beautiful ship! I expect to see some pictures and a write up. I'll be on Solstice for the first time, also similar to Sillie and Reflection, this September. Next January we'll be on Ruby Princess and then Crown Princess in March, then three more cruises on Celebrity later in 2017. Busy times.

Hello again El Crucero, I like the mix of Celebrity and Princess in your bookings-can't go wrong with either in my book (currently at the publishers).

Rest assured that I will write a big review of the Reflection and there will be "some" pictures. I took 1100 on the Silly but forgot to take the lens cap off so I won't make that rookie mistake again.

I am sailing on the Star Princess in 5 weeks so will have a big review on the Princess board by September 19th. First time on that ship and third visit to Alaska-I hope you will tune in.

Cheers!

Norris

Hello again El Crucero, I like the mix of Celebrity and Princess in your bookings-can't go wrong with either in my book (currently at the publishers).

Rest assured that I will write a big review of the Reflection and there will be "some" pictures. I took 1100 on the Silly but forgot to take the lens cap off so I won't make that rookie mistake again.

I am sailing on the Star Princess in 5 weeks so will have a big review on the Princess board by September 19th. First time on that ship and third visit to Alaska-I hope you will tune in.

Cheers!

Norris

Looking forward to this review Norris. Loved your Silhouette review as it is my favorite ship. Our very first cruise was on the old Star, Southampton to Athens in 1992.

I find it quite interesting that 32.24% of the respondents have taken 15 or more Celebrity cruises. From reading criticism on these boards I would think that people would never return to the line. Guess the results indicate quite the opposite for those on Cruise Critic. People really enjoy their Celebrity cruises and choose to vote with their travel dollars. I'm clearly in that camp. To Celebrity: Loyalty still matters!

From reading criticism on these boards I would think that people would never return to the line. Guess the results indicate quite the opposite for those on Cruise Critic. People really enjoy their Celebrity cruises and choose to vote with their travel dollars.

Yes, one guy on another thread was very upset with Celebrity and he hadn't even taken his first cruise with them yet. Go figure.

I wouldn't call myself a Celebrity loyalist per se, since I cruise on a competing line too. We wish Celebrity would offer more Southern California round trip itineraries. But Celebrity is our preferred line and offers us the best value for our travel dollar.

We have done 48 Celebrity cruises ,10 RCCL cruises & 1`9 other cruise line cruises . :D

We have B2B with Celebrity May 17th & 28th 2017 coastal & Alaska:)

Because Celebrity discontinued cruising from California to Hawaii when they sold Century ,we will do Coastal cruises & the occasional Alaska cruise with Celebrity ;however & until Celebrity brings another ship to do Hawaii R/T from either the ports of San Diego or San Pedro ,we will have to opt for Princess ;as we prefer not to fly any longer ;)

I find it quite interesting that 32.24% of the respondents have taken 15 or more Celebrity cruises. From reading criticism on these boards I would think that people would never return to the line. Guess the results indicate quite the opposite for those on Cruise Critic. People really enjoy their Celebrity cruises and choose to vote with their travel dollars. I'm clearly in that camp. To Celebrity: Loyalty still matters!

Unfortunately, that does not factor in when those cruises were taken so you cannot make the assumptions you are. Some of that category may have absolutely no intention of sailing with Celebrity again or, like us, at much reduced levels (of 9 cruises booked, only 2 are with Celebrity).

Celebrity has been our only choice for the past 10 years. Before that it was HAL and Princess.

The last two Celebrity cruises have been less than great with the last convincing us to try another line.

We've just booked an Oceania cruise for January 2017, and after that cruise we'll see where Celebrity fits in our future vacation plans.

Companies change their product over time, and Celebrity is no different. If they don't change they'll fall behind their competition. The changes Celebrity has made IMO are not all bad, but there are enough we're not comfortable with, to have us try another option.

Edited by WpgCruise

We have B2B with Celebrity May 17th & 28th 2017 coastal & Alaska

We have booked that exact same B2B on Infinity. See you then.

Did you notice the 7 day r/t San Diego/San Francisco/San Diego next year? We have that one booked too. Although we have been to these ports hundreds of times by auto, we will just get off the ship for an hour or two to get some exercise or else stay aboard and have the whole ship to ourselves. We live in Palm Springs area so San Diego or San Pedro work equally well for us.

Because Celebrity discontinued cruising from California to Hawaii when they sold Century ,we will do Coastal cruises & the occasional Alaska cruise with Celebrity ;however & until Celebrity brings another ship to do Hawaii R/T from either the ports of San Diego or San Pedro ,we will have to opt for Princess ;as we prefer not to fly any longer ;)

We agree with every word in that sentence! We booked Princess r/t San Pedro/Hawai'i next March. Flying = additional expense, uncomfortable seats (and we do not fly regular coach), and long waits in lines.

Unfortunately, that does not factor in when those cruises were taken so you cannot make the assumptions you are. Some of that category may have absolutely no intention of sailing with Celebrity again or, like us, at much reduced levels (of 9 cruises booked, only 2 are with Celebrity).

That hits the nail right on the head. Of all the cruises we've done on Celebrity, there have only been four in the last two years, with none booked. We had one booked in November but we cancelled it, even though we had to pay a cancellation fee. Two reasons: we feel the product currently offered is not the same as the one we fell in love with, and having to prepay for perks we have no interest in. The only one we would consider is the prepaid grats but, in the past, we always got them from our travel agency.

I believe Celebrity might be the best, but not by much. That being said, and we have to fly no matter how we vacation, land vacations are cheaper and a better value for our travel dollar, at least for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My first cruise ever was in 1991

My father in-law paid for everything

I didn't want to go (I own a nice sailboat and thought (correctly) that my yacht club buds would tease the heck out me)

I went

The almost new Carnival Holiday

That "free" vacation got me hooked and has likely cost me over 1/4 million since! :p

493x187holiday.gif

Wow carnival holiday was our first cruise in 1997.

Three, with a fourth planned for 2017. We would have gone with x more but their prices increased too much for us 2015-2016, but we found a good price for 2017 recently and snapped it up. We will be happy to sail x once again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've done 2 so far. Another in Jan. All three will be the 14 day Caribbean cruises on the Eclipse. We find the overall dress & pax mix to be more to our liking. Most are older than us, but we prefer a more sedate cruise experience. The style of the Eclipse is more similar to Cunard, which is our favorite line. Due to their changes in their Caribbean itinerary, we switched to Celebrity a few years back & enjoy it very much. We do worry that that the Chic nights will cause a downslide to slovenly dress styles, that we've seen on other lines, but we'll wait & see how this next trip unfolds. If I wanted to dress slovenly, then I guess I'd choose NCL/Carnival. Sorry, folks, but "T" shirts & shorts don't cut it for dinner!

Why would the woman just approach your group and offer advice?

I know most of the Zenith Level cruisers and unless their points or number of cruises are announced at the Captain's Club Party they don't discuss their numbers. I will respond if someone asks, but will not initiate a conversation about numbers. That's my personal view and appears to be shared by the vast majority of " seriously addicted" cruisers. I will confess that I behaved badly on one cruise when a woman approached the group I was sitting with and announced that she had been on more than 20 cruises and would be glad to give us advice. I told her that she was a "rookie" since the group, other than me was comprised of people who had more than 100 Celebrity cruises each. I regretted making the remark, but the others found it appropriate.