How many cruises have you done with Celebrity?

B1G

How many cruises have you done with Celebrity?  

515 members have voted

1. 1. How many cruises have you done with Celebrity?

We are going on our 2nd Celebrity cruise next month, Solstice to Alaska! We are D+ on Royal and will be Elite.:D Our first Celebrity cruise was on Century, so it will be interesting to see the difference between ships.

Sherri:)

We had done some of the small cruises out of Miami and Long Beach many years ago (back in 1980's). Don't even know what cruise line. We then spent the next decades raising kids, coillege and then retirement came. We did one cruise in 2011, I found a 10 night out of Rome for $899 pp for veranda, flight was $999 pp and we booked. We had such a wonderful time and loved the stops. In 2014 We did a 11 night in the Caribbean - loved the cruising - hated the stops. In 2015 We did 10 night Caribbean. again loved the cruising - not impressed with the stops. Then we booked B2B2B for hubby's retirement from Ft Lauderdale to England, the Scandanavian area, and then Baltic. 34 nights - great. We are now booked for Alaska in May 2017. In 2018 we are going on Princess. Why - Celebrity does not have the itinerary that they do for Hawaii and Tahiti. So we will find out what Princess is like for 28 nights. Bottom line for us - where do we want to go, who has the best itinerary and what is the price.

I know most of the Zenith Level cruisers and unless their points or number of cruises are announced at the Captain's Club Party they don't discuss their numbers. I will respond if someone asks, but will not initiate a conversation about numbers. That's my personal view and appears to be shared by the vast majority of " seriously addicted" cruisers. I will confess that I behaved badly on one cruise when a woman approached the group I was sitting with and announced that she had been on more than 20 cruises and would be glad to give us advice. I told her that she was a "rookie" since the group, other than me was comprised of people who had more than 100 Celebrity cruises each. I regretted making the remark, but the others found it appropriate.

Edited by Orator

I know most of the Zenith Level cruisers and unless their points or number of cruises are announced at the Captain's Club Party they don't discuss their numbers. I will respond if someone asks, but will not initiate a conversation about numbers. .. the group, other than me was comprised of people who had more than 100 Celebrity cruises each.

We're in the over 100 group, working on our Century double.... ;)

Appreciate this good question. Am fascinated that nearly a quarter of those responding have done 21 or more cruises Celebrity. That's lots of experience and loyalty!! We have done two cruises. Below are the links to see much more on those experiences, including many, many pictures from well-designed and classy Celebrity Solstice. Since several who have responded have not yet sailed with Celebrity, it is always good to get prepared and excited about your upcoming cruises.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 151,079 views for this posting.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 214,911 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

None yet. I have one booked.

I want to be excited about it,but if I'm honest some people on here make me question if it's worth keeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

what makes you say that? why are you questioning your booking?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not enough in our book, after our 1st in 1994 we slept around :eek: And finally reached the point total in 2014 for the lowly :D Elite level in Capt Club ;)

And have found with the way Celebrity is putting together packages now, the perks did not add a lot to our enjoyment of the cruise. We had a blast without them!

EW

We're in the over 100 group, working on our Century double.... ;)

Arno and his lovely wife JoAnne are the highest Celebrity cruisers in terms of number of points and cruises actually earned on Celebrity ships. I understand that there are two men that cruise almost exclusively on Azamara who have more total points since the programs are linked to each other. There are several in the 100 cruises and/or 6000 point group.

Wow' date=' a Sixth! 8 in 1/2 a year!

We are taking a break from cruising in 2016. Our winter vacation was in southern Europe and our fall vacation will be in the Alps. Can't cruise there! (except on the little boat rides on the lakes!)[/quote']

So, does that mean a change in screen name?