8/1 - anthem - new sale? Hope it's good

Hi, Does anyone have an "inside information" about the next Royal sale? Sure hope it's better than the last few. No bargains at all :-(. We paid less with 'no sale' than with these so called sales.

Any accurate info is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Starting 08/15 they will have their next "WOW the summer´s not over yet" sale.

It will be BOGAOF (Buy one get all others free) combined with a free upgrade, free Ultimate Drink Package, Free Internet Surf&Stream plus OBC.

Only the first Pax in a cabin pays with 2nd, 3rd and 4th sail for free. Upgrades will be provided Inside to OV, OV to Balcony, Balcony to JS and JS to Full Suites.

OBC will be $500 for Insides, $750 for OV, Balcony $1000, JS $1500 and Full Suites $2000.

Thise being upgraded to Suite Level and thus having Drink packages and Internet for free anyway will be compensated in the way of additional OBC.

Hope that is good enough:D

It will be BOGAOF (Buy one get all others free) combined with a free upgrade, free Ultimate Drink Package, Free Internet Surf&Stream plus OBC.

Only the first Pax in a cabin pays with 2nd, 3rd and 4th sail for free. Upgrades will be provided Inside to OV, OV to Balcony, Balcony to JS and JS to Full Suites.

OBC will be $500 for Insides, $750 for OV, Balcony $1000, JS $1500 and Full Suites $2000.

Thise being upgraded to Suite Level and thus having Drink packages and Internet for free anyway will be compensated in the way of additional OBC.

Lol. [emoji23]

but no stock discount?

Well, actually I didn´t fully want to Spill the beans, but yes this sale is combinable with shareholder benefit and any C&A Discount.

BTW, all OBC are for 7 night sailings and prorated for longer Cruises.

Edited by Paulxyz2004

shareholder

Well, Royal does not have a shareholder discount, but they do have shareholder benefit OBC. However, the restrictions on combining that OBC with anything else are so broad as to make it difficult to get any benefit from it anymore.

I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's "buy-one-get-one-half-off," lol.

Royal sends me an email every day telling me not to miss out on my last chance for this great sale before it's gone...they must really think people are stupid. Either that or they're relying on people not reading the email (or the heading) until they're in the market for a cruise, at which point they notice the sale and really think it's a sale.

My next cruise was booked at "buy-one-get-one-30%-off" and I still got it cheaper than it is now with the 50% sale because the base price was cheaper.

I'll take one of those buy-one-get-everyone-else-free sales with the $400 OBC and free drinks packages, maybe throw in a free t-shirt and free bingo and free airfare too, haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I spoke to one of the reps a couple of weeks ago and said something about the never ending "sales" and she told me that they are busier than every with people booking. Don't know who they are but apparently "they" are out there somewhere.

She did say the every third day free and the 60% BOGOHO were their busiest.

I spoke to one of the reps a couple of weeks ago and said something about the never ending "sales" and she told me that they are busier than every with people booking. Don't know who they are but apparently "they" are out there somewhere.

She did say the every third day free and the 60% BOGOHO were their busiest.

I don't doubt that they are busier, but I also expect that you would hear that answer no matter what.

Is this just going to be for Anthem or for other ships as well? Just switched a cruise for next summer from Anthem to Grandeur as it got me 4 extra nights at the same price. Would still love some extra money though!

Is this just going to be for Anthem or for other ships as well? Just switched a cruise for next summer from Anthem to Grandeur as it got me 4 extra nights at the same price. Would still love some extra money though!

[emoji23][emoji23] This was a joke. No way they're offering this kind of sale when they are getting away with the rolling 50% off sale and $50 OBC

The most annoying things from RCL is their e-mail promos. Entered the new Harmony contest and when you go to the winning prize module, I never win anything and on top of that I get awarded $25 OBC per cabin--guess what--not combinable with C&A discounts. They should do a better screening on whom they send these e-mails as they are no use, at least to me.

The most annoying things from RCL is their e-mail promos. Entered the new Harmony contest and when you go to the winning prize module, I never win anything and on top of that I get awarded $25 OBC per cabin--guess what--not combinable with C&A discounts. They should do a better screening on whom they send these e-mails as they are no use, at least to me.

I was wondering if everyone wins that just about useless $25 OBC;)

A couple of days ago I got $25 instantly off a cruise. Today I could give that one up and get $25 OBC. SUCH A DEAL!!!!

Edited by molly361

A couple of days ago I got $25 instantly off a cruise. Today I could give that one up and get $25 OBC. SUCH A DEAL!!!!

I hate those too. I laughed when I "won" $25. $25? Really? That's not even enough to buy anything worthwhile on the ship. And it's less than the OBC you already get from other sales, how is that a prize unless you can add the $25 to OBC you've already got? I played that game once and now I won't even open the stupid email, it gets deleted immediately.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

They don't really need to do anything. They are far out stripping the rest of the cruise industry with their brand new ships. Hell by 2021 they are going to have 5 oasis class ships and 5 quantum class ships and Carnival's Costa Cruises won't get their first new mega ship till 2019. Whether you like them or not, Royal doesn't have a problem booking them out and charging more for them that what their main competitor Carnival charges.

Edited by Lordnlkon

They don't really need to do anything. They are far out stripping the rest of the cruise industry with their brand new ships. Hell by 2021 they are going to have 5 oasis class ships and 5 quantum class ships and Carnival's Costa Cruises won't get their first new mega ship till 2019. Whether you like them or not, Royal doesn't have a problem booking them out and charging more for them that what their main competitor Carnival charges.

Exactly!! This is why the only real sales they ever have are the last minute ones to fill a ship that isn't sold out in time.

I certainly wouldn't book a cruise just because I suddenly won $25, but in the same spirit, I don't book a cruise for the BOGOHO either, I book it because that happens to be the kind of vacation I want to book at that particular time, so if I find a price I'm willing to pay, I book it. I certainly keep my eye out for better sales, but I'm not chomping at the bit waiting for the deal of the century, or making an impulse purchase based on the crappy fake sales they offer. I don't expect a sale either though, because as you say, they have no problems filling ships at their current market value.

I'm still booking them but also trying to wrap my head around the fact that the prices I am used to paying are gone. Not very many of the ones I currently have booked are at a price that I want to pay, but I probably will pay it;)

I just have to get used to the new normal regarding RCL and pricing.

I'm still booking them but also trying to wrap my head around the fact that the prices I am used to paying are gone. Not very many of the ones I currently have booked are at a price that I want to pay, but I probably will pay it;)

I just have to get used to the new normal regarding RCL and pricing.

Yep, they've done a good job creating higher demand which has made the prices much higher than they used to be. Travel in general though has become a lot more mainstream than it used to be.

My theory on that is that it's a lot easier for people to research vacations and travel options because of the Internet. It used to be that you had to have a lot of knowledge about where you were visiting (especially if it was a foreign location), which generally meant you either had a lot of friends and family who traveled and could share their wisdom, or you had to use a travel agent. To some degree, it used to be a daunting task trying to even book airfare (remember when you had to call the airline to do that, or actually drive down to the airport?) Now you can just search on your cell phone while you're on the bus.

On top of it being easier to research, it is also easier for people to get around (busses, light rails, ubers and shuttles) make it so there are more ways for people to get around, making airports, hotels and cruise ports more accessible and less expensive than when your choices were to rent a car, hire a limo or take a taxi. So while prices of the main activity (the cruise) have gone up, it's only because it's become easier to access, so more people who didn't think of it as an option, or felt it was too difficult to plan, or assumed it was too expensive and only for the "rich," can now plan their own trips with ease.

In some ways these things also help keep prices down, because no company can raise their prices so high that they price themselves out of the market, since everyone can easily compare other cruise lines (and hotels and airfare) to the other companies. At some point, the price would be too high for the additional perks one company offers over the others, and nobody would sail those ships. Obviously, they aren't anywhere close to reaching that point, and I wouldn't be surprised to see prices continue to go up until they finally figure out the breaking point. Good old Economics101, haha.

Best bet would be to find a struggling travel agent who is desperate to keep their businesses going (since so many people just book themselves online nowadays) and see what perks they might offer you. That's probably as close to a real sale as you'll get, although in my experience, you're getting charged extra money to use their services somewhere down the line, cause they have to get paid too, and the cruise lines don't have a ton of incentive to pay agents anymore since they get so much business without them. I think as the demographic of those who use travel agents starts to die off, they will disappear entirely. I don't know many young people who use travel agents anymore.

At least you can get the $25 OBC. Us Canadians are not even allowed to enter the contest and get the $25 OBC.

Guess when they convert it to about $35 in Canadian funds, it is just too much of an OBC to give to us Canadians....;)

At least you can get the $25 OBC. Us Canadians are not even allowed to enter the contest and get the $25 OBC.

Guess when they convert it to about $35 in Canadian funds, it is just too much of an OBC to give to us Canadians....;)

The real question is, does anyone actually decide on a whim to book a cruise because they "won" $25? How does that ever make anyone decide the cruise is suddenly a good deal? They'd have to give me $400 at least before I thought to book a cruise that I wasn't already planning, in order to take advantage of the "prize."

Exactly!! This is why the only real sales they ever have are the last minute ones to fill a ship that isn't sold out in time.

]

This and the introductory price when a new cruise itinerary first hits the market. Everything else these days is just marketing gimmicks aimed at the uninformed and impulse buyers who don't know better.