No Children Cruises

On my Oceania cruises, there has been a total of one child. Outside of their summer Alaska cruises, they don't have a kid's program. If you're going to cruise in the US in October, don't cruise during the week of Columbus Day because many East Coast cities have a school holiday.

and I must wonder what it would be like to be on a ship full of people with a very strong antipathy towards children: might they not create a somewhat rigid ambiance?

Why do you say that? Do you think those who don't want to vacation around children are against spontaneity, flexibility, or fun? For that matter, why do you assume that those that don't want to cruise with children have a "very strong antipathy towards children"?

Maybe instead they're surrounded by children all day, every day, and - while they love their work - they are looking for something different in their vacation time? Or maybe they actually love children, but dislike parents. Or maybe......

I can think of lots of reasons why nice, funny, sociable, and fun people might not want to have children around them while they take their vacation.

Why do you say that? Do you think those who don't want to vacation around children are against spontaneity, flexibility, or fun? For that matter, why do you assume that those that don't want to cruise with children have a "very strong antipathy towards children"?

Maybe instead they're surrounded by children all day, every day, and - while they love their work - they are looking for something different in their vacation time? Or maybe they actually love children, but dislike parents. Or maybe......

I can think of lots of reasons why nice, funny, sociable, and fun people might not want to have children around them while they take their vacation.

OP's post emphasized "NO CHILDREN", and stated that was more important than Med or Caribbean destination --- not just not wanting some children around - but insisting on absolutely none. That approach does indeed suggest a lack of flexibility - even an antipathy.

A non-typical First Time Cruisers concerns about the cruise experience .

14 nights is a long 1st cruise :confused: but will bring fewer school age kids especially during schools in session, on many cruise lines , not just luxury lines..

I would opt for a kid-free cruise as well.

I love children, (I raised a terrific one,) but not when they whine to get their way. Kids know that the more they whine, they will eventually get what they want. Parents nowadays can somehow tune out the screeching and whining until it dawns on them that their child is annoying others.

On a recent cruise, in one of the nicer dining rooms at 8pm, parents brought in their tired, whining identical twins...around 2 1/2 years old. The kids were running around, hitting each other and when they were loudly reprimanded by their parents, they would scream and cry. The parents, finally fed-up with their behavior, put them into a time-out ..... on the windowsill AT MY TABLE!!!! :eek: YIKES!!!!!

So...my point is, although I booked a date which was not during school breaks, younger ones are still there enhancing the voyage. :rolleyes:

I would opt for a kid-free cruise as well.

I love children, (I raised a terrific one,) but not when they whine to get their way. Kids know that the more they whine, they will eventually get what they want. Parents nowadays can somehow tune out the screeching and whining until it dawns on them that their child is annoying others.

On a recent cruise, in one of the nicer dining rooms at 8pm, parents brought in their tired, whining identical twins...around 2 1/2 years old. The kids were running around, hitting each other and when they were loudly reprimanded by their parents, they would scream and cry. The parents, finally fed-up with their behavior, put them into a time-out ..... on the windowsill AT MY TABLE!!!! :eek: YIKES!!!!!

So...my point is, although I booked a date which was not during school breaks, younger ones are still there enhancing the voyage. :rolleyes:

well stated. What many parents fail to realize is while they think their children are funny, smart, cute and wonderful, the rest of the world doesn't. Your children are only special to you, not everyone else ;)

Edited by First and Ten

Hi

I have never been on a cruise before and I am looking at a 10-14 night cruise next September/October 2017. I only have one 'must' and that is NO CHILDREN. Can anyone suggest some crusie's to consider please. I don't mind Europe or Caribbean cruise.

Thanks everyone

Steve :)

If you want to guarantee that there will be no children, then you have to go on an adults only line. I believe that Seabourn is adults only (and is expensive).

The longer the cruise, the less children there will be (note I said less, not "no").

Cruise when most children are in school (note I said most, no matter what time of the year, there are children that are not in school and may be taken a vacation - just like you are).

The luxury lines (Seabourn, Regent, Crystal, and Silversea) have less children than the mass market lines (Carnival, Royal Caribbean, NCL and of course Disney). The premium lines (HAL, Princess, and Celebrity) will have less children than the mass market lines, but more children than the luxury lines.

OP's post emphasized "NO CHILDREN", and stated that was more important than Med or Caribbean destination --- not just not wanting some children around - but insisting on absolutely none. That approach does indeed suggest a lack of flexibility - even an antipathy.

Um.....no......

While it may suggest an antipathy towards children being around during their vacation, it does not suggest an antipathy towards children in general.

And saying that the on-board experience is more important than the destination does not suggest inflexibility, it suggests a preference. For some cruisers, being at sea is more important than being in port. I have booked a Panama Canal cruise in 2018, and I have no great interest in seeing the Panama Canal or the multitude of Central American ports we will stop at along the way......but I love the ship, the cruise line, sea days, and the very, very good value of that particular voyage. Does that mean I'm "inflexible" because I value one part of my vacation experience over another? No.

I simply get jumpy around lots of loud, high-pitched noises. I have really good hearing with apparently a high range, and little kids screaming makes me anxious. If they're not screaming or splashing me directly in the face (or playing the typical elevator games including shoving in rather than letting people out), it's all good. While I would definitely patronize an adults-only cruise line or ship, I've gone so far as to sail on Disney. (People assured me that second-seating dinner would be fine. Nope, listened to the screaming of 6-8 year olds running through the tables all through dinner. Fool me once, I guess.)

Short version ... I'm not one to become grouchy immediately at the sight of a kid (unless you've got said kid in the adults-only pool), it's more about the noise for me than anything (one reason I will never bother paying for the Haven on NCL). That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me. And if your reaction is 'get some earplugs', that's all fine and good and I own them. I would also pay a little extra for an adults-only cruise.

There are quite a lot of people on this board making the common mistake of thinking that American cruise lines are the only cruise lines. It isn't so. I will just repeat - P&O, Cruises and Maritime, Saga, Fred Olsen; also Voyages of Discovery, while not child-free, does stress that no children's activities are provided; there will probably be no children, but if there are, they will be children whose parents believe they can enjoy the company of adults.

Most of replies are for/from Brit cruisers. Are you Brit or American? Are you looking for basic cruise lines? Fun, games, loud music and lots of booze? Or a little more upscale and quiet? When and where do you prefer?

I am sure that cruises with "NO CHILDREN" can be found, but that condition certainly limits choice (and possibly impacts pricing). While I certainly would not enjoy being on a child-dominated cruise, I have enjoyed many cruises with just a few children on board - and I must wonder what it would be like to be on a ship full of people with a very strong antipathy towards children: might they not create a somewhat rigid ambiance?

I have been on two cruises where there were no children and it was a relaxed but sophisticated social environment that we found exceedingly enjoyable.

I have been on two cruises where there were no children and it was a relaxed but sophisticated social environment that we found exceedingly enjoyable.

I was on an eight night Carnival cruise that left on a Monday and returned on a Tuesday. As a result there were very few children. I noticed the lack of energy on that cruise. I mentioned it to someone and they agreed that there was less energy on the ship.

To each his/her own.

Edited by Cuizer2

I hear you! While there will never be a "no children" guarantee, I find that longer European itineraries outside of school holiday periods are relatively free of the little buggers.

Many cruises in the Med for October 2017. Also think about a 14-16 night

Transatlantic! I have found very few "buggers" (I like That) on board these

cruises. I'm on a 11/4/17 Azamara TA and I expect little or no children aboard!

I notice that the first leg of P&O's adult only ship Arcadia, world cruise, is from the UK via the Caribbean and Panama Canal to California. Would something like that suit the OP?

Doubt we'll ever know--OP seems to make a habit of starting threads he does not return to.

like:D

• 3 weeks later...
Perhaps you can find and book a swingers charter...or a clothing optional charter

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Huh? Do you think those who don't want to vacation around children must be interested in nudity or sexual promiscuity? That's rather a rude characterization.

Edited by calliopecruiser