Lost luggage

NETSEG

We are currently on Brilliance of the Sea starting from Barcelona on July 25. Two members of our group had luggage that went missing at the Barcelona airport. At first, they were told by Guest Services that the luggage was located and would meet the ship in Venice. At Venice, the news was that new EU rules prohibit shipping of non-EU luggage without the presence of the owner. This was also news to Guest Services. Bags will need to be claimed at the Barcelona airport when the ship docks on August 6. Thought I would post this to let travelers know to pack wisely in their carry on just in case.

We are currently on Brilliance of the Sea starting from Barcelona on July 25. Two members of our group had luggage that went missing at the Barcelona airport. At first, they were told by Guest Services that the luggage was located and would meet the ship in Venice. At Venice, the news was that new EU rules prohibit shipping of non-EU luggage without the presence of the owner. This was also news to Guest Services. Bags will need to be claimed at the Barcelona airport when the ship docks on August 6. Thought I would post this to let travelers know to pack wisely in their carry on just in case.

Oh no! Good luck, and thanks for the heads-up. :eek:

Thanks for the update, what a hassle.

After experiencing this 20 years ago, there is no more "his" and "her" luggage when we pack. All the of the clothing and shoes are equally split between the bags so we have some of our clothes if one bag doesn't arrive as oppose to one of us having nothing.

Must be a Brand New Rule.

My luggage missed the connection at LHR on July 15th

BA sent it to my home airport at SEA. Then at SEA the home airline (Alaska) delivered to my house on July17th.

(EU to a non EU)

(Have been curious as to how the US Customs thing works with something like this)

All the of the clothing and shoes are equally split between the bags so we have some of our clothes if one bag doesn't arrive as oppose to one of us having nothing.

We do the same... I also make sure that I color coordinate when packing.

And, because I am chicken and we like TAs, we have one carry one with a few changes of clothes and a set of formal clothes (formal dress for me, at least slacks, shirt, tie for DH).

One of my coworkers had his luggage lost three times over the last year. I don't know how he does it. No matter where he goes, no matter if it's vacation or a business trip. Somehow they loose at least part of his luggage at least every other trip.

After experiencing this 20 years ago, there is no more "his" and "her" luggage when we pack. All the of the clothing and shoes are equally split between the bags so we have some of our clothes if one bag doesn't arrive as oppose to one of us having nothing.

That's what we do aswell. Might come in very useful (hopefully we never ever need it...).

Also in my carry on, I have enough light weight clothes to last at least a week if necessary, even with the must have items. I still have too much stuff that i can easily be purchased on the ship or port. Neve seem to remember what is NOT NECESSARY LOL

Last Oct when we did our Canada/NE cruise, I had enough clothes in my Carry On , that if my larger suitcase went astray, I had enough clothes to carry me through the 15 days. Only reason my 25" came along I had to bring extra things for the Cabin Crawl and all the name Tags, plus some evening clothes. I even had some shirts for my husband in the carry on.

Carry on ONLY for me. On planes, trains, ships - I don't care - how long I don't care.

My record - 2 months in carry on including an 11 nt TA.

Next - 3 months including a 15 nt TA

Biggest thing I have learned - no one cares what I am wearing - if I repeat on a cruise nobody even notices!

So easy!

Carry on ONLY for me. On planes, trains, ships - I don't care - how long I don't care.

My record - 2 months in carry on including an 11 nt TA.

Next - 3 months including a 15 nt TA

Biggest thing I have learned - no one cares what I am wearing - if I repeat on a cruise nobody even notices!

So easy!

I could never do this but envy those that can :)

Ashland, I work out 5 slacks for evening and mix & match including formal wear. Eliminating the 2 to 3 formal nights, I rotate my other slacks. With the flying these days I avoid dresses yet will toss in a skirt. I keep my evening shoes down to 2 pair to coordinate with the evening clothes.I then figure out my daily attire the same way. I would love to do this for our 15 day TA but not sure since we will be leaving from Copenhagen and will need heavier clothes part of the trip.

I carry all my toiletries with me - shampoo, conditioner, body wash - I even finally found spray deodorant in a carry on size. I have travel size spray bottles for hair stuff as needed - depends on how I am wearing my hair what I will need or buy travel size hair spray.

That works if you receive some of your luggage. We have been doing that for years but last year we sailed out of Barcelona without our luggage. It all went

New York. It took 4 days for it to catch up with us.

Please let us know more details. What happened at the airport and what airline. This is my favorite nightmare.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

American Airlines. We had to file a claim thru Iberia as they handle baggage issues for American in Barcelona. That made tracing more complicated. The only info we got was from Guest Services on Brilliance. No follow up info from the airlines or from tracers thru our travel insurance. We'll see what happens when we get back to the Barcelona airport Saturday.

we do the same. have never lost luggage but makes me feel better. DH things it is silly, butin the end, he knows it is smart and goes along with it.

the same thing happened to me in Barcelona. none of my luggage arrived. I was a basket case!! Fortunately we arrive 2 days before the cruise. I called the travel insurance company and they did all the work for me. By that evening they had delivered 1 luggage and the day of embarkation I received all of my luggage.

the insurance company did all the work. All I did was call them right away.

• 2 weeks later...

We flew from our home town in the uk to Venice ( via Brussels ) all booked through RC. None of our luggage made it to Venice. There were lots of people on board without luggage, ours arrived on day 5 of an 11 night cruise.

While really annoyed about our luggage what annoyed us equally was the lack of continuity with how RC looked after people. We were each given a tshirt, some people got a meal in chops, others got a hair do !! In the end we all went to GS and they agreed to give people some obc to buy essentials as they had run out of the toiletry packs they give people. Unfortunately the ships shop had already run out of basic items, no toothbrushes deodorant etc. Not a good start to a holiday.