Do Vista Suites count as full suites with Explore 4?

We have a Vista Suite booked with Explore 4 next year and it does include prepaid gratuities and $200 internet credit per our Guest Booking Confirmation. (I was pleasantly surprised to see it included!!)

Edited by oceanmom

We have a Vista Suite booked with Explore 4 next year and it does include prepaid gratuities and $200 internet credit per our Guest Booking Confirmation. (I was pleasantly surprised to see it included!!)

We are on the Rotterdam next summer with B Vista Suite including the gratuities and internet credit.

Not sure how/where it shows up on the website. We were already booked and added the Explore4 for an additional $500 pp for 18 days so it showed up in our new booking confirmations.

I go along with KAKcruiser's advice which I've also heard from others. If the stateroom title has "suite" in it, it gets suite bonuses. If it doesn't say suite, it doesn't.

If it says "Suite" in the name of the cabin, it's a suite. Unless they specify the type of suite (Vista, Signature, Neptune, Pinnacle), anything with "Suite" in the name is a suite.

If all else fails, call HAL or your TA and ask! :)

What ship are you booked on? The Vista Suites on the R & S class ships are counted as suites and eligible for the suite promotion. On the Vista and Signature class ships, only Neptune and Signature Suites qualify for the suite promotion.

That's the right answer!

... If all else fails, call HAL or your TA and ask! :)

Good Post. Since HAL controls the final answer (outcome), this would be my first choice. In other words, no need to guess (or rely on other people's guesses and sometimes outdated anecdotal information) when you can get an answer "straight from the horse's mouth". JMO

Smooth sailing ...

Edited by avian777

Good Post. Since HAL controls the final answer (outcome), this would be my first choice. In other words, no need to guess (or rely on other people's guesses and sometimes outdated anecdotal information) when you can get an answer "straight from the horse's mouth". JMO

Smooth sailing ...

Just be sure to phone HAL HQ at least 3 times, pick which answer you think might be right, and then wait to see if it is when you board.:D:D Seriously, you will get more accuracy from people on this forum than you will ever get from a HAL rep.

Booked a Vista on the Koningsdam and got the suite booking extras on the Anniversary sale. And the Koiningsdam has Vista, Signature and Neptune suites.

So does the Prinsendam and suite bonuses apply to the Vista Suites on that ship too :). So this makes sense. Good to hear you got it :)

Edited by kazu

What ship are you booked on? The Vista Suites on the R & S class ships are counted as suites and eligible for the suite promotion. On the Vista and Signature class ships, only Neptune and Signature Suites qualify for the suite promotion.

If it says "Suite" in the name of the cabin, it's a suite. Unless they specify the type of suite (Vista, Signature, Neptune, Pinnacle), anything with "Suite" in the name is a suite.

As indicated above, if the word "Suite" is in the Cabin name, it qualifies for any Suite bonuses in Explore 4 etc.

There are no Vista Suites on the Vista and Signature class ships. :)

As indicated above, if the word "Suite" is in the Cabin name, it qualifies for any Suite bonuses in Explore 4 etc.

There are no Vista Suites on the Vista and Signature class ships. :)

Pinnacle class ships have all 4: Pinnacle, Neptune, Signature and Vista suites. Vista Class ships don't have Vista Suites. The remaining ships S, R, & Prinsendam have Pinnacle, Neptune & Vista.

This is because HAL likes to use the same words over and over to help aid in confusion. I've written to HAL HQ suggesting that they change the names of the wine packages to Pinnacle and Signature.

Pinnacle class ships have all 4: Pinnacle, Neptune, Signature and Vista suites. Vista Class ships don't have Vista Suites. The remaining ships S, R, & Prinsendam have Pinnacle, Neptune & Vista.

This is because HAL likes to use the same words over and over to help aid in confusion. I've written to HAL HQ suggesting that they change the names of the wine packages to Pinnacle and Signature.

LOL on the name change.

One tiny correction - Prinsendam has Pinnacle, Neptune, Signature & Vista ;)

I don't know about the R class, but the S ships and P'dam have no verandah cabins. Anything with a balcony is a "suite." The Vista "suites" on Maasdam are not very large, it's mainly a way to justify the high price.

As confusing as it is to have the re-used names, it's better than the days of "deluxe suites" and "superior suites." I could never remember which category was above the other.

LOL on the name change.

One tiny correction - Prinsendam has Pinnacle, Neptune, Signature & Vista ;)

Thanks for the correction. I didn't realize that the P'dam had Signature Suites.

Thanks for the correction. I didn't realize that the P'dam had Signature Suites.

No worries :). That's one other things that makes this ship in a class of it's own. Small, yet every class is available and the Signature Suites on this ship are VERY nice :).

The Terms and Conditions of Exp 4 do not exclude any class of suites on any class of ships. The only qualifying remark says "on select cruises".