Is the Next Cruise desk open on first day of cruise?

I need to make a new booking while onboard the ship. The future cruise I want has as final payment date August 29. I need to make the booking prior to final payment so I can transfer the booking to my TA. Does anyone know if the next cruise desk will be open on the first day of the cruise which is August 28 on Liberty OS. Thanks.

I need to make a new booking while onboard the ship. The future cruise I want has as final payment date August 29. I need to make the booking prior to final payment so I can transfer the booking to my TA. Does anyone know if the next cruise desk will be open on the first day of the cruise which is August 28 on Liberty OS. Thanks.

The Next Cruise people normally have hours in the afternoon and/or evening of the first day. Check the office right after you board, there will usually be a schedule there and possibly a sign up sheet.

Note also that the Next Cruise people can book the cruise directly with your travel agent. If you wish to do this, have the full agency name, main phone number, and agent's name.

Edited by clarea

On Majesty, we booked two cruises with Next Cruise before and after the drill on first day..

We once booked 6-7 cruises while waiting for our cabins to be open. :D

Let me start by saying, I haven't read your replies yet, but I'm guessing they are all correct, even if they contradict each other ;) This is an area where Royal is pretty inconsistent. The worst in my experience has been Jewel, even though I love the ship, the NEXT cruise was a huge PITA. (On the embarkation day in 2012 and 2014) there was a sign on the desk that said, "Call Guest services for an appointment" Guest services would then say, just stop by when they were open.

I believe Allure was indeed open the first day.

Freedom in 2015 nobody was there, but they had a nice sign and an appointment book, you could pick your time and show up at that time, or drop in during listed hours.

We sailed the Allure the week of August 7, 2016.

After lunch, about 11:50am. boarding day we walked into the next cruise desk area on the Promenade and booked our next cruise.

Nothing better to do until the cabins opened.

Oh, there were 3 attendants waiting to book.

Sea Ya

We sailed the Allure the week of August 7, 2016.

After lunch, about 11:50am. boarding day we walked into the next cruise desk area on the Promenade and booked our next cruise.

Nothing better to do until the cabins opened.

Oh, there were 3 attendants waiting to book.

Sea Ya

I leave in 10 days on the Allure and this is exactly what I plan on doing; thanks.

I may just do this on my upcoming cruise, specifically to get the OBC for this sailing.

If you do, consider booking the smallest OBC. In other words, instead of booking one cruise with $100 OBC, consider booking two cruises with $50 OBC each. That way, they cannot lower your deposit if you downgrade the future cruise later.

If you do, consider booking the smallest OBC. In other words, instead of booking one cruise with $100 OBC, consider booking two cruises with $50 OBC each. That way, they cannot lower your deposit if you downgrade the future cruise later.

So smart ... Thank you! :)

Good idea- Thanks!!:)