Pub lunch: is salad available?

Loreni

I would like to try the Pub Lunch, but DH needs gluten free food. I doubt anything on the pub menu is gluten-free. DH would be happy with a salad.

Does anyone know if salad is available (or any gluten-free options)?

Pub Lunch has a very limited menu of english pub food items. There is nothing gluten free and no salads in the Pub Lunch AFIK. Perhaps he could create his salad in the HC and bring it to the venue where the Pub Lunch is being held. Ask at the door of the Pub Lunch

Edited by hpeabody

Thank you. I think we will just skip it. Really, it doesn't look very healthy. Just thought it would be nice to try something new, but not if DH has to bring his own food. Too bad there is no salad.

You're right. The closest thing to healthy is the Ploughman's Lunch...ham, cheese, roll, butter, pickle, some paté. Almost everything is fried.

I do not think pub's have ever worried about GF or healthy in their TRADITIONAL lunches. It was quick fare to allow the patrons something filling to go with a pint so they could get back to work. No "healthy" food concerns then.

Thank you. I think we will just skip it. Really, it doesn't look very healthy. Just thought it would be nice to try something new, but not if DH has to bring his own food. Too bad there is no salad.

Fish and chips were great, as was steak and kidney pie, can't recall any salads, not normally a typical pub lunch fare.

You're right. The closest thing to healthy is the Ploughman's Lunch...ham, cheese, roll, butter, pickle, some paté. Almost everything is fried.

That's the reason we no longer go. At least in the Horizon there are better choices + a salad bar. ;)

The last time we were at the pub lunch I could taste it all afternoon long. :(

Fish and chips not healthy! It's the traditional British meal. With lots of salt and vinegar what's not healthy;);). However, it does taste better eaten out of newspaper like when I was a kid, but the'elf and safety boffins soon put a stop to that. Shame!

If you decide to pass, you will not be missing much... last time we were on the Grand it was a mad house, so we passed. My brother in law went he said not that good.

We tried to see if we could get an order to go, since we did not like the mad house atmosphere, answer was no. So we skip it.