Thanks Celebrity, NOT

Mr. Click

Dear Celebrity thanks for de-valuing our Classic Bev package. Last year we had a reasonable selection, now you have moved Kettle One to the premium list. Once you move Diet Coke or Cafe al Baccio coffees we will be looking for a new cruise line, status or not. You are turning into United Airlines, lots of changes, none of which we really like despite the promises.....

Dear Celebrity thanks for de-valuing our Classic Bev package. Last year we had a reasonable selection, now you have moved Kettle One to the premium list. Once you move Diet Coke or Cafe al Baccio coffees we will be looking for a new cruise line, status or not. You are turning into United Airlines, lots of changes, none of which we really like despite the promises.....

Time for a move.

Try packages of others.

Gee, and I thought they were turning Celebrity into Royal C...gets more like it all the time. Now there will be 1 cabin attendant., less sommelier service, and more Royal staff moving over to X. Some new ideas are hits, some misses,, but the Celebrity we loved for so many years is not the same. Still works ok for us but just different. Trying Azamara in the next booking cycle for 2018. We hear it may be more like Celeb used to be.

ketel one seems to be in or out of the classic package depending on the bartender/cruise. Forget all the lists of spirit names...there are many lists floating around and even a list given to you at guest services or at a bar are examples. The package includes drinks based on price, not by lists.

What is worse than devaluing the classic package is when you up grade to the premium package and they run out of premium sprits. It's not so much a big deal if you order those fu fu martinis but if you prefer your poison neat or on the rocks it matters

Edited by Iamcruzin

The silly part for us is I don't drink at all, just not something I enjoy. DW might have a cranberry and vodka now and then so the only reason we take a drink package is when it is a perk. On our Baltic cruise last year and in Alaska this past July Kettle One vodka was in the classic package. We saw the just one cabin attendant thing in Alaska but it did not change the service we got so that is fine. Maybe I am just getting too jaded and expecting something of real value for my money. We are booked for Hong Kong/China/Korea in the spring and that will move us to Elite but maybe it will be time to try someone else after that adventure.

The silly part for us is I don't drink at all, just not something I enjoy. DW might have a cranberry and vodka now and then so the only reason we take a drink package is when it is a perk. On our Baltic cruise last year and in Alaska this past July Kettle One vodka was in the classic package. We saw the just one cabin attendant thing in Alaska but it did not change the service we got so that is fine. Maybe I am just getting too jaded and expecting something of real value for my money. We are booked for Hong Kong/China/Korea in the spring and that will move us to Elite but maybe it will be time to try someone else after that adventure.

So wait, you made a new thread complaining that Celebrity moved Ketel One to the premium list from classic...but you don't even drink alcohol and your wife only has an alcoholic drink "now and then"...

Were you just in a bad mood and wanted to complain about something, and this was all you could come up with?

So wait, you made a new thread complaining that Celebrity moved Ketel One to the premium list from classic...but you don't even drink alcohol and your wife only has an alcoholic drink "now and then"...

Were you just in a bad mood and wanted to complain about something, and this was all you could come up with?

I was thinking the same thing.

No, just disappointed to see them devaluing yet another thing. It is a continuing trend that I keep seeing in the travel industry in general and if no one speaks up, it will continue. I know on out Baltic cruise in May/June of 2015 and Australia/New Zealand this past November and Alaska in July it was included. On the Baltic cruise it was suggested by our waiters as a good alternate to Grey Goose, DW's favorite....

It's so amusing that a benefit that isn't even cared for - and is obviously pretty minor if the brand name isn't known - is enough to make him switch to another cruise line?!?

No, just disappointed to see them devaluing yet another thing. It is a continuing trend that I keep seeing in the travel industry in general and if no one speaks up, it will continue. I know on out Baltic cruise in May/June of 2015 and Australia/New Zealand this past November and Alaska in July it was included. On the Baltic cruise it was suggested by our waiters as a good alternate to Grey Goose, DW's favorite....

It sounds as though it was offered with discretion, rather than a true inclusion of the package.

As such, it'd be something I'd appreciate as an extra generous benefit of Celebrity that you sometimes get extra perks than something that has been cut back.

I understand maybe the perception that the package is being devalued, but if your DW mixes her vodka with cranberry or other mixers, she won't notice much of a difference between Grey Goose and Smirnoff (if any). Smirnoff actually wins a lot of blind taste tests against the pricier vodkas.

It's so amusing that a benefit that isn't even cared for - and is obviously pretty minor if the brand name isn't known - is enough to make him switch to another cruise line?!?

It's hard for me to believe that someone would not select a certain ship and itinerary over a $11 per day cost to upgrade a drink package. Shouldn't the focus be on overall cost of the cruise and what you get rather than a single component cost? I think the OP is more likely blowing off steam.

I do have a question for those who get the classic package and go aqua class. Are there enough choices for wine by the glass at dinner for $9 and under? For the most part, our first Celebrity cruise has one day at sea in a 9-day Adriatic itinerary and I can see getting two glasses of wine a night at Blu and then a cocktail or two at night after dinner.

I understand maybe the perception that the package is being devalued, but if your DW mixes her vodka with cranberry or other mixers, she won't notice much of a difference between Grey Goose and Smirnoff (if any). Smirnoff actually wins a lot of blind taste tests against the pricier vodkas.

I'm am very picky about my vodka! Not so much taste as my hollow head the next morning. Can do Grey Goose and Absolute(but not keen on Absolutes bite). Smirnoff kills me and Kettle 1 and Stolie love the taste but not the next morning. So yes she may notice. And it only takes on or two for me.

Carol

I'm am very picky about my vodka! Not so much taste as my hollow head the next morning. Can do Grey Goose and Absolute(but not keen on Absolutes bite). Smirnoff kills me and Kettle 1 and Stolie love the taste but not the next morning. So yes she may notice. And it only takes on or two for me.

Carol

Try Crystal Head. It's awesome. (Hint, Celebrity, it would be a great addition to your top shelf).

Try Crystal Head. It's awesome. (Hint, Celebrity, it would be a great addition to your top shelf).

Will have to see if I can find it! Here in PA the state decides what we can buy! 👎🏻👎🏻

Carol

Carol

I have a hard time drinking Smirnoff also. I wonder why. The next morning I have the worst taste in my mouth and a headache. If I have my choice it's Stoli and Absolute as I mix with tonic water and lime, so no reason to pay for high end vodka.

Carol

We feel the same, not the initial taste but the headache the next day) We only drink Grey Goose or Belvedere.

At home, we are lucky to have Total Wine, they have an off brand called Summum. They talked us into trying it. (Would give us full credit if we didn't like it) It is now all we drink, the large 1.75 liter bottle is the same price as a 750ml bottle of Goose.