Allure returning to Port for medical emergency

A&L_Ont

We are on Allure now. Been sitting in Port Everglades for some time and groups of people are still getting off. They are currently transferring a middle aged woman from a wheel chair to a stretcher. Definitely seems like there were multiple emergencies.

TY for the update!

do we need one? Medical emergencies happen on nearly every cruise. So what?

True, but it's not often that one happens close to port, especially the departure port, where the ship has to turn around to drop off the passenger. And if people are following along, either on the webcam or if a passenger is doing a live-blog, they might want to know what's going on.

You are right! Some people live to be rude...makes them feel good to put others down.

didn't and wasn't meant to put anyone down.

Just think it's pretty ridiculous that some think that it's necessary to be first to report every time someone sprains and ankle on a ship

Edited by cruisinfanatic

Just think it's pretty ridiculous that some think that it's necessary to be first to report every time someone sprains and ankle on a ship

You're actually gonna double down on your stupid comments?

Would you be happier if someone else had asked why the ship was turning around and then the OP posted in response to the question? :confused:

You must be an absolute joy to cruise with :rolleyes:

didn't and wasn't meant to put anyone down.... Just think it's pretty ridiculous that some think that it's necessary to be first to report every time someone sprains and ankle on a ship

Aww, you know something? Sometimes I think it's better to not say things out loud (or type them). It's just not necessary, and it certainly isn't polite or nice. You've been here a very long time... you've seen literally thousands of posts. If you felt it was necessary to comment in such a way, it makes me wonder why you are so sad and negative. :( I hope you are all right.

It might do us all well to think before we post. :)

The Captain just came on the speaker to announce that we are returning to port for a medical emergency. It will be a quick transfer and then we are gone. Thankfully we aren't far from port.

13713e3987417a4784e987514a33b2fb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had 3 alpha calls last week that I heard. All within the first 2 days.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You're actually gonna double down on your stupid comments?

Would you be happier if someone else had asked why the ship was turning around and then the OP posted in response to the question? :confused:

You must be an absolute joy to cruise with :rolleyes:

Thank you gcvt. I could not have said it any better. Especially when they didn't want "to put any one down" and then follow that comment up by putting their foot right back in their mouth.

Thank you gcvt. I could not have said it any better. Especially when they didn't want "to put any one down" and then follow that comment up by putting their foot right back in their mouth.
My daughter, SIL, and three grandchildren are sailing with you!.....K.O.:)

According to Captain Ron, there were a couple of people that wanted to "slap themselves" yesterday during the sail away, so they put them off the ship after the medical emergency was transprted. That was the reason we spent a longer time back at the port.