Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

For those of you waiting on the Asia/Australia deployment, I just read on the Blog that cannot be mentioned that it has been pushed back to 'early June'

Oh say it isn't so, I have been waiting so patiently for what feels like forever already!

I mean how many times can they push the release date:mad:

If Royal isn't careful I may be swayed to another line just to secure passage!!!

I will be checking in here as always in the hopes that the June date doesn't materialize........

Belinda

Oh say it isn't so, I have been waiting so patiently for what feels like forever already!

If Royal isn't careful I may be swayed to another line just to secure passage!!!

I will be checking in here as always in the hopes that the June date doesn't materialize........

Belinda

It wont let me upload the flyer but this is what it says...

Like us, we know many of you... are eagerly awaiting the 2018/19 Royal Caribbean Summer Cruises to go on sale tomorrow, however maneuvering our mega ships around the world is a mighty task at times, so we are not quite ready to go on sale just yet.

Royal Caribbean's 2018/19 summer cruises will instead now go on sale in early June. Thanks in advance for understanding...

Belinda

FWIW, as I mentioned earlier, this is not really a new development with RCI. Disappointing, yes. I booked Hawaii, 2017, on Radiance, back in June, 2015, on the opening date. Hawaii sailings are included with Australia.

FWIW, as I mentioned earlier, this is not really a new development with RCI. Disappointing, yes. I booked Hawaii, 2017, on Radiance, back in June, 2015, on the opening date. Hawaii sailings are included with Australia.

Disappointing is the correct phrase. Just concerned I'll miss opening day, and bless my TA for keeping an eye open for me as well. Pretty sure she's hoping the wait ends soon too....lol.

Belinda

We booked the 2018 Radiance transpacific to Hawaii while onboard our last cruise - we wanted the 2019 cruise. The rep stated 2019 would be open in mid April. TA called RCI they stated not until August. Don't know now when it will open, hoping it is June. I am watching all my emails from RCI. And will keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks for the head up.

CT

I like to cruise in May & really want to do a Mediteranean cruise May 2019. I hate that I have to wait to book it, and I really hope it's NOT an Oasis class ship. I hope they bring Freedom back. It will be my first time in Europe & who has time for a huge ship with all the port days

My guess is that you'll see Oasis doing the 7 night Med runs in 2019, as she's due for a dry dock that year.

I may be the minority here, but for personal reasons im happy it got pushed to early june. still exploring options for the honeymoon and would like a few extra weeks to fine tune scheduling etc. But I clearly understand the frustration. Its one thing to say TBD and leave it till they know for sure but to get to the day before and change it is ridiculous.

Disappointing is the correct phrase. Just concerned I'll miss opening day, and bless my TA for keeping an eye open for me as well. Pretty sure she's hoping the wait ends soon too....lol.

Belinda

I certainly hear that, and agree. The uncertainty is a bit annoying.

Is it worse to delay bookings, or change itineraries after booking. Or God forbid just cancel outright.

Patience is a virtue. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

If only it were one action to the exclusion of others. :rolleyes: Last year after delayed bookings, we had one repositioning cruise booked from AUS to SIN drop one port with no substitution within two weeks of deployment and another cruise cancelled due to RCI's decision to re-position that ship.

For those of you waiting on the Asia/Australia deployment, I just read on the Blog that cannot be mentioned that it has been pushed back to 'early June'

Oh dear lord.....It's not like RCI is new to this ... how can they possibly be so unprepared by this point in time :confused::eek::loudcry:

Given that the Voyager decision was announced weeks ago and that they have delayed the release at the last moment, I think a change is afoot. The two I can think of are:

1. A visit by Quantum, utilising the Sydney OPT slots currently reserved for Voyager that will not be used by the previously announced extension of Ovation's season. This would sell quickly at strong prices and also avoid those port slots being used by competitors.

2. Action by NSW Ports and/or NSW Government to change Royal's mind about reducing capacity in Sydney.

Of course it could just be Royal's incompetence, again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got off Adventure and have no idea how accurate this is - but the wait staff said they are moving Adventure to New Jersey and Anthem to Asia!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well Adventure is indeed moving to NJ for summer and fall 2018 (in addition to Anthem), which was previously announced.

I doubt the Anthem rumor, especially being that it's coming from onboard.

Well Adventure is indeed moving to NJ for summer and fall 2018 (in addition to Anthem), which was previously announced.

I doubt the Anthem rumor, especially being that it's coming from onboard.

I figured the rumor about Anthem was probably incorrect given they were taking about 2018 and I have a November 2018 cruise booked on Anthem to go to Bermuda.

Another delay to the Australia deployment...

2018/2019 NEW SEASON UPDATE Like us, we know that many of you - our loyal guests - are eagerly awaiting the 2018/19 Royal Caribbean summer cruises to go on sale today, however maneuvering our mega-ships around the world is a mighty task at times, so we are not quite ready to go on sale just yet. Royal Caribbean's 2018/19 summer cruises will instead now go on sale in early June. Thanks in advance for understanding and we will provide more information on timings in the coming weeks.

I may be way off course here but..............Radiance of the Seas April 2018 Transpacific, which we are booked on, is surprisingly showing "sold out" 11 months prior to sailing ...... lucky for RCL if she is :rolleyes: however not one to believe everything one see's I went searching Australian ports schedules and low and behold find her in Darwin on Wed 19 September 2018 !!!!!! that's around the time of year she would depart from Honolulu for her transpacific....... ..:confused::confused: can't be in 2 places at once. Smoke screen, error or ???????

It's all over Royal's website and Facebook page:

beca39aac4a85dc368934bc6ff9ebe48.jpg

Got this email today from Royal Caribbean Blog ? ! :confused:

Royal Caribbean pushes back opening 2018-2019 Australia cruises to June

Posted: 15 May 2017 05:58 AM PDT

It appears guests looking to book a 2018-2019 Royal Caribbean cruise from Australia will have to wait a few more weeks.

Has anyone else seen this????? IF the information is out there why can't we book yet???? Have not gotten any C&A notices yet! ! ! ! ! :(

Has anyone else seen this????? IF the information is out there why can't we book yet???? Have not gotten any C&A notices yet! ! ! ! ! :(

Yes, guess they are changing plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums