Diamond lounges becoming Diamond + and above

deepcman

I have said it before and I will say it again. If royal really wants to clear out the lounges just let people have the same amount of drinks that they would get in the lounge at any of the bars on the ships during happy hour times. The main reason my family and friends got to the happy hour event is to sit and talk with old friends that we have made over the years of cruising. we would much rather go to a bar that does not get much attention from other guests before dinner then be pushed into a lounge. Our last group we had was about 15 people in a semi circle in one of the over flow areas on grandeur. If you are nursing 3 drinks in say even two hours congratulations your drink is either warm now or has gotten watered down.

Royal has made this problem for them selves. Years ago when they did diamonds in December where diamonds got double points most of our group who were diamonds would not take a October cruise and just wait till the December time from. Then they would go every year and do a 12 day cruise out of baltimore that is 24 points every time, and most people went for the cheapest cabin they could get just to get the double points. Now royal has so many diamonds and above that they are running out of room to put everyone.

I have yet to hear of a business complaining that they have too many loyal customers, only the customers who find things different as their favorite business grows in popularity and adapts.

I have said it before and I will say it again. If royal really wants to clear out the lounges just let people have the same amount of drinks that they would get in the lounge at any of the bars on the ships during happy hour times. The main reason my family and friends got to the happy hour event is to sit and talk with old friends that we have made over the years of cruising. we would much rather go to a bar that does not get much attention from other guests before dinner then be pushed into a lounge. Our last group we had was about 15 people in a semi circle in one of the over flow areas on grandeur. If you are nursing 3 drinks in say even two hours congratulations your drink is either warm now or has gotten watered down.

Royal has made this problem for them selves. Years ago when they did diamonds in December where diamonds got double points most of our group who were diamonds would not take a October cruise and just wait till the December time from. Then they would go every year and do a 12 day cruise out of baltimore that is 24 points every time, and most people went for the cheapest cabin they could get just to get the double points. Now royal has so many diamonds and above that they are running out of room to put everyone.

What a great problem for a business to have. When they can't find ways to fill up the space they had better start worrying.

On the independance at the moment and over 500 diamond on board , the coffee machine hasn't worked since we got on and the amount of free booze served in the first 2 nights from 5-8.30 would sink a battleship so can't see this perk lasting too much longer !!!

That was said years ago but at the price Royal pay their suppliers it will go on for a long long time.

We were at the other end of the Spectrum on Anthem in April, about 15 people in the CL. Had great personal service and got to know the servers well!

We've seen this on many other ships. I'm not sure why people think that the lounges are super full on every single cruse.

Heck, we've been the top cruiser once on a ship- so NO pinnacles.

We were just on Oasis. The only change I noticed at this time was the elimination of the welcome back party for the lower tier C&A members.

I met with the Loyalty ambassador and I heard her explaining this to another guest ......who was disappointed by this. It was a bit uncomfortable for everyone.

"Upper tier" is Platinum and above, which means

everyone except Gold members. So it is basically just

the Gold members that have lost the welcome back

party. I don't blame them for being disappointed,

but it is just one more thing to look forward to

when they become Platinum...which is not a lot

of points to make happen.

I'm curious, how did you know?

Many times the Loyalty Ambassador will contact the top cruiser (and sometime the top 3) to make sure they attend the welcome back party so they can be recognized. Some LAs will even ask what kind of wine or champagne the cruiser would enjoy as a gift.

Edited by clarea

Award photo with captain, hotel director, and LA at the welcome

back party on our last Radiance cruise gave us an idea we were

top cruisers. ;)

That would do it! It also explains why I didn't know this. We are D+ but almost never attend the welcome back event.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Jewel right before dry dock as our round as Diamond Plus. We went to the Suite/Diamond Plus lounge. We were told that during drydock, the current Concierge lounge was being turned into some type of family suite. They were making another place the "suite" lounge and we as Diamond Plus will go to the Diamond Lounge. We are back on the Jewel in December, so we will see if this is true at that time. PS, we were told by the concierge, so I assume he knew what he was talking about.

I'm probably the odd guy out but we preferred going to Blaze over the old CL. We could get better service sitting at the bar and the bartenders would entertain us with various tricks and stories. Couldn't get that in the CL and I was never a fan of the view.
Always had great service when it was held in Blaze and the janitors closet makes zero sense????.....K.O.

HERE ARE THE NEW RULES ...

On even numbered months the following rules will apply:

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and the Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacles.

For Freedom and Voyager class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and the Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacle and D+.

For Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and the Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacles and D+ with 350+ points.

However, if it is a holiday cruise, then the following rules will apply (on any month and for any length cruise):

On odd months the following rules will apply:

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacle with over 1050 points the Diamond Lounge is for D+.

For Freedom and Voyager class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacles the Diamond Lounge is for Diamond and D+.

For Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships the Suite Lounge is for suite and Pinnacle guests and the Diamond Lounge is for diamond, D+ and passengers that make Diamond during the current cruise.

However, if the cruise is 13 days or longer, the following rules will apply (for both odd and even months):

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacle with 1400 points or more. The Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacles under 1400 points.

For Freedom and Voyager class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacles 1050+ points. The Diamond Lounge is for Pinnacles under 1050 points and D+ with 350 or more points.

For Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships the Suite Lounge is for suite and Pinnacle guests and the Diamond Lounge is for diamond, D+ and passengers that make Diamond during the current cruise.

However, if it is a holiday cruise, the following rules will apply (on any month, and for any length cruise):

For Oasis and Quantum class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests, Pinnacles, and D+ with 350+ points the Diamond Lounge is for D+ with less than 350 points.

For Freedom and Voyager class ships, the Suite Lounge is for suite guests, Pinnacles, and D+. The Diamond Lounge is for Diamond.

For Radiance, Vision, and Sovereign class ships the Suite Lounge is for suite, Pinnacle, D+ and Diamonds who will make D+ during the current cruise. The Diamond Lounge is for diamond and Emerald guest.

Unless it is a special event cruise (in any month, for any length, holiday or not) in which case the following rules will apply:

For all classes of ships the rules will be posted in your stateroom upon boarding.

Where did you get this information?....K.O.:confused:

Groups have been tying up the chairs, stools etc. since the lounges have been established. Nothing new. Plenty of other seats in the Radiance Class CL's.

Epic Fail?? Bit dramatic don't ya think?

"EPIC FAIL" is way overblown IMHO. Have cruised several times so far this year and the CL has always been less than full if not half empty each evening, and this is on Freedom, Vision, and Quantum class....K.O.

AGree with the answers, but shake my head at the constant bringing up a non-existent change.

Last week had multiple drinks in the DL and had multiple drinks at bars from 5pm to 8:30PM.

Please people if you see this stuff on any post and there is not a link to a RCI statement, please resist the suction into that black hole of negativity, that certain people live to feed on.

JC

Well spoken Sir.....K.O.:)

I think it was meant as a joke or parody of some kind. But certainly not worth the effort it took to write it. Nor worth reading all the way through.....:rolleyes:
I was hoping that wasn't true! To put the time and effort into making up such bull----, well someone needs to get a life!....K.O.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We were on the Jewel right before dry dock as our round as Diamond Plus. We went to the Suite/Diamond Plus lounge. We were told that during drydock, the current Concierge lounge was being turned into some type of family suite. They were making another place the "suite" lounge and we as Diamond Plus will go to the Diamond Lounge. We are back on the Jewel in December, so we will see if this is true at that time. PS, we were told by the concierge, so I assume he knew what he was talking about.

Can anyone confirm which is true?

Concierge Club

Guests staying in Grand Suite-level rooms and higher, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor® Society members enjoy access to this lounge serving complimentary continental breakfast and evening drinks.

Can anyone confirm which is true?

Concierge Club

Guests staying in Grand Suite-level rooms and higher, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor® Society members enjoy access to this lounge serving complimentary continental breakfast and evening drinks.

We were on Jewel in April/May right after her drydock. There is a CL and DL on deck 13 that is the same as those on her sister ships. Access to CL was Suites/D+/PC and DL was for D/D+/PC.

We were on Jewel in April/May right after her drydock. There is a CL and DL on deck 13 that is the same as those on her sister ships. Access to CL was Suites/D+/PC and DL was for D/D+/PC.

Sue, Thanks for the update.

We really enjoy the Concierge Club on Radiance class.

"EPIC FAIL" is way overblown IMHO. Have cruised several times so far this year and the CL has always been less than full if not half empty each evening, and this is on Freedom, Vision, and Quantum class....K.O.

Look, I was just referring to the CL on Radiance Class. In my experience, once ;) , those prime seats, maybe 6-8 of them, were always monopolized. Yes, there were plenty of other seats. I/we didn't feel like arriving an hour early so I could get the chance to chat with a very busy bartender. Just my opinion.

Edited by John&LaLa