Diamond lounges becoming Diamond + and above

deepcman

True to form, we are a day late and a dollar short. When we were close to reaching Diamond status several years ago, the requirements changed and we spent another 5-6 years to climb the ladder. Finally we achieved Diamond on our last cruise in August. We won't have a chance to cruise again until next March, so I guess there won't be a lounge for us. Three drinks are enough -- and much appreciated -- but I was so looking forward to the ambience of sitting in a private lounge with RCCL loyalists. Oh well.....we are mere peons in the world of frequent cruisers.

I'm in the same "boat" as you. Achieved Diamond last October but I don't sail again til next March to utilize the lounge. Darn it, now I have to sail more to reach Diamond+. :rolleyes:

Too much going on in here for me:

Can a Diamond Member in a Standard room (Inside/Outside/Balcony) use the Diamond Lounge still or not?

Are you going on an odd month or an even month? How long is the cruise? Is it a holiday cruise? What class ship? :)

I'll just pretend that it's true. I need to sail more anyway.....:p

More power to you; moving the goal line for me rarely encourages me to spend more to get there. Brand Loyalty means nothing in 2016. But don't give up hope. Does not really seem diamonds have been booted yet.

More power to you; moving the goal line for me rarely encourages me to spend more to get there. Brand Loyalty means nothing in 2016. But don't give up hope. Does not really seem diamonds have been booted yet.

Change is inevitable. I'll sail regardless. I'm loyal to Royal and until they really piss me off, I'll keep earning the points. I don't sail for the perks, but I do like them!:D

Look, I was just referring to the CL on Radiance Class. In my experience, once ;) , those prime seats, maybe 6-8 of them, were always monopolized. Yes, there were plenty of other seats. I/we didn't feel like arriving an hour early so I could get the chance to chat with a very busy bartender. Just my opinion.
Now that you mention it, I do remember the round seating area where you walk down was usually filled with a group of 6-8 folks on Serenade recently....K.O.:(

Now that you mention it, I do remember the round seating area where you walk down was usually filled with a group of 6-8 folks on Serenade recently....K.O.:(

I think it may have been a stage at one time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You Tube video of the CL on Brilliance. Radiance has the same setup. The circular seating area that you step down to has banquette style seats around the edge and table/chairs in the middle. Beyond that there is a small, step up stage that, in the past, had a piano on it when the CL was the Hollywood Odyssey. Now we've seen 2 small tables and a few chairs up there.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

You Tube video of the CL on Brilliance. Radiance has the same setup. The circular seating area that you step down to has banquette style seats around the edge and table/chairs in the middle. Beyond that there is a small, step up stage that, in the past, had a piano on it when the CL was the Hollywood Odyssey. Now we've seen 2 small tables and a few chairs up there.

Nice find, I was uploading pics to Shutterfly. Here is Brilliance from last Thanksgiving.

Entrance to the Concierge Club, Stage to the left

enhance

View from the windows

enhance

View from the Stage

enhance

The famous bar. 10 seats, but two are a little isolated.

enhance

The outside area

enhance

Walk around to the other side for a smoke.

enhance

Edited by John&LaLa

Spoke to concierge on the ship and followed up to confirm with my PVP at Royal. Within the next month changes are coming to C&A program with the elimination of a lounge for Diamond members. They'll still get the 3 drinks loaded to their cards but will have to use them in one of the bars.

It was a good run while it lasted.

Of course, we just made D last Tuesday. Cruising has just become so popular and fairly inexpensive that more and more of us are turning into loyalists.

Change is inevitable. I'll sail regardless. I'm loyal to Royal and until they really piss me off, I'll keep earning the points. I don't sail for the perks, but I do like them!:D

That is the way I feel. I've cruised once as Diamond on Oasis and it did add to the enjoyment of the cruise. My next cruise with a Diamond Club/Lounge is next April, I'm looking forward to it on Adventure.

I was on the Freedom sept 4th in a GS we are D and we usually went to the CL. On 2 occasions we went to the D lounge and my card wouldn't work and some other people let us in. I didn't think twice about it at the time but I wonder if D's weren't aloud in there or it was just a mistake when they processed my sea pass card? I should of looked into it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were onboard Freedom the following week and one day there was signage to use the back door. The card reader wasn't working so I wouldn't read too much into that.

I think it may have been a stage at one time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, it was John. When it was the Cigar Bar originally.

Actually you mentioned Brilliance. The last time I was on board, that was the one

area the 8-10 Pinnacles on board always gathered. I would be on the computer

around 3:00 in the CL...when here half of them came in to save seats in that area,

even though the cocktail hour was not until 4:30. I just shook my head. :rolleyes:

We had no problem scoring good seats on Brilliance in that CL after first seating

started, which was why we waited until then. ;)

Edited by island lady

Personally I think that the suite lounges should only be for suite guests, no matter of their loyalty status. If RCL goes the way of NCL that may be the case. We were in a Haven suite and their lounge is only for Haven guests. If I spent $$$$ for a suite on RCL I'd be annoyed to be dealing with the Loyalty members

Appreciate what your saying, but as a Pinnacle, who's spent a huge amount of money, cruising over 100 times, it's nice to be recognized. And trust me, I'm very respectful to the Suite guests. There's room for both of us.

Appreciate what your saying, but as a Pinnacle, who's spent a huge amount of money, cruising over 100 times, it's nice to be recognized. And trust me, I'm very respectful to the Suite guests. There's room for both of us.

Everyone just being respectful of one another, regardless of cabin type or C&A level, would go along way to make a pleasant week when sharing a ship with 6000 other people.