OASIS, ALLURE & HARMONY will meet on Nov 4th

oskar95

Sorry if this has been posted yet but I could not find a thread about it.

YES! Only time these ships will be together!

There will be a photo session on the 4th of November somewhere between Bahamas and FLL

From the Harmony transatlantic Facebook group:

November 4th is:

The last sea day before arrival in FLL on the 5th for HARMONY.

A pax free day for Oasis... It drops pax off in FLL on the 4th and then heads to Port Canaveral to pick up on the 5th.

A sea day for Allure before it arrives in Nassau on the 5th and back to FLL on the 6th.

The ONE TIME these 3 ships will be close enough for a family photo (at least for the foreseeable future!)

With the Oasis disembarking passengers on the morning of the 4th it would appear that the ships will meet sometime in the afternoon. I wonder if they will load up the Oasis with everyone from the corporate office for the photo opportunity and then return them to FLL before heading to her new home port in PC to pick up passengers on the 5th.

With the Oasis disembarking passengers on the morning of the 4th it would appear that the ships will meet sometime in the afternoon. I wonder if they will load up the Oasis with everyone from the corporate office for the photo opportunity and then return them to FLL before heading to her new home port in PC to pick up passengers on the 5th.

They can probably put enough crew members in casual attire on the outside areas to make the ship look occupied. I hope and imagine there will be a high def video flyby. Harmony should be easy to pick out from a distance.

Seems like a lot of effort and expense for something that can be handled with Photoshop in 10 minutes.

But still pretty cool anyways.

Royal has a bad rep with photos doctored by photoshop and sold. I forget which Voyager class ship they were selling photos of the ship and even first time cruisers knew it was not Navigator in the photo because it had Voyager style balconies an Navigator photoshopped on the bow.

Seems like a lot of effort and expense for something that can be handled with Photoshop in 10 minutes.

I'm sure there is some effort but no change in schedule or anything. I'm sure if they used Photoshop everyone would be up in arms about it not really happening.

I posted this question a few months ago and didn't get an answer.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2366254

Is this official or just speculation? Your source is the Facebook T/A group.

Looks like you figured this out back in June, good detective work. There was a thread a few days ago and the OP said it was announced on the president's cruise this week on Allure. So i guess it is not speculation.

Definitely not speculation. :) I have formonths and months hoped for this event like they did with the two sister ships in November 2010 Oasis and Allure.

I spoke with Michael Bayley on the President's Cruise and he said the time would be in afternoon about 3 pm on Nov 4. Allure is calling on Nassau the last day of her cruise to accommodate this historic meeting of the 3 largest cruise ships in the world.

I was quite excited when he announced it at a Question/Answer session on the President's cruise as I am on Harmony bringing her to Fort Lauderdale from Barcelona next month.

Definitely not speculation. :) I have formonths and months hoped for this event like they did with the two sister ships in November 2010 Oasis and Allure.

I spoke with Michael Bayley on the President's Cruise and he said the time would be in afternoon about 3 pm on Nov 4. Allure is calling on Nassau the last day of her cruise to accommodate this historic meeting of the 3 largest cruise ships in the world.

I was quite excited when he announced it at a Question/Answer session on the President's cruise as I am on Harmony bringing her to Fort Lauderdale from Barcelona next month.

We'll be sailing with you Emmy! So excited to be a part of this. :)

Cunard could gave done that with the three Queens last year but it's more special to not fake it. It takes a lot of planning for a special moment that could take years to occur again, if ever. Just enjoy it

Do you know if it will be north or south of the inlet? Close enough to land for a good view? I may dig out my big lenses and leave work early if I have a chance at some photos.