Need to cancel a cruise I booked onboard. Can I move it to a different sailing

stipmom

Quite often you can move your cruise to a different date without any penalty. I did this myself. I've often booked cruises on board and made sure that the paperwork stated that it can be changed to a different date if we can't go on the date we chose. I always call my TA when I get home and advise her of what I'd done so she can help me with it. Then, anything I need, she can help me. (I also get on board spending money) The last time I had to reschedule a cruise, she did everything for me and it didn't cost me anything. I kept all of my perks too. I'm sure Celebrity will do it if you don't use a TA. All you need to do is call them!

Bon voyage!

so I don't lose the booking onboard bonus or am I out of luck? Thanks

Yes you can. Call Celebrity tell them what sailing you want to move it to, you will keep the same booking number and your perks....UNLESS you move it to a cruise that those perks aren't applicable to .... such as an included beverage package...you couldn't transfer it if it's a Transatlantic...but things like On Board Credit/Free gratuities will...I've done it 3 times in the last 3 months!!!:)

Our on-board agent booked a "place holder" cruise for us because we wanted to book a 2018 European cruise but none were available, so she booked a 2018 Caribbean cruise. She wasn't willing to book us into the exact cabin we would like (probably because it is a great cabin) since she didn't want to tie it up, but otherwise it was no problem. She chose one that we could take, that was the length we would wish to change to. We lose the 1/2 off the second person in the cabin if we change since that was a special deal but keep the other perks. We think.

Beth

I just got finished changing a booking from a 7 day on the Equinox to an 11 night in the Reflection. I called, and no problem at all. Even kept the same booking number. The only thing I had to pay was the $400.00 extra deposit for an 11 night.

We almost always book a future cruise while on board as the OBC they give you sticks with you when you change it (even over and over). In fact if they are running a low deposit future cruise typically this sticks also as you move it which is a double win. However as noted above the other perks will change to whatever are in effect for the new cruise you move it to on the date you move it. You must keep the same reservation number for this to work so always call.

I would suggest doing this even if you have no intent of taking that future cruise...just stay on top of the timing so you can move it before the final payment is due. Celebrity probably doesn't mind either as they have many cabins to fill each year and there is nothing like a repeat cruiser. Furthermore once you put some money down chances are you really will take a Celebrity cruise at some future point.

We weren't as fortunate. While on board a couple of years ago we booked a New England/Canada cruise Turned out we could t go so transferred the booking to a Caribbean cruise, same booking # and the drink package and part of the OBC tranferred. OBC was reduced by $100. A few month later we decided were burned out on the Caribbean so tranferred the booking to a TA, again keeping the original booking #. Lost the beverag package and initially all OBC-after some discussion they let us keep $50 OBC. We leave for that cruise in 25 days.

I just got finished changing a booking from a 7 day on the Equinox to an 11 night in the Reflection. I called, and no problem at all. Even kept the same booking number. The only thing I had to pay was the $400.00 extra deposit for an 11 night.

I am surprised to hear you had to pay an extra deposit! I move on board bookings all the time and the deposit amount has never changed, no matter the length of the original cruise or the new cruise. Did you by chance move the booking into a "group" booking with a TA? If so, then I can understand the increased deposit. Otherwise, it should not change.

Our on-board agent booked a "place holder" cruise for us because we wanted to book a 2018 European cruise but none were available, so she booked a 2018 Caribbean cruise. She wasn't willing to book us into the exact cabin we would like (probably because it is a great cabin) since she didn't want to tie it up, but otherwise it was no problem. She chose one that we could take, that was the length we would wish to change to. We lose the 1/2 off the second person in the cabin if we change since that was a special deal but keep the other perks. We think.

Beth

You should get a new TA. She's not there to help out anyone else then you. If you were to cancel, I assure you the cabin would not go to waste. Also the 1/2 off promotion was, in my opinion, a bit of bait and switch. The average price per person really hasn't fluctuated.

We weren't as fortunate. While on board a couple of years ago we booked a New England/Canada cruise Turned out we could t go so transferred the booking to a Caribbean cruise, same booking # and the drink package and part of the OBC tranferred. OBC was reduced by $100. A few month later we decided were burned out on the Caribbean so tranferred the booking to a TA, again keeping the original booking #. Lost the beverag package and initially all OBC-after some discussion they let us keep $50 OBC. We leave for that cruise in 25 days.

With the first transfer you switched to a cruise that costs less, and therefore there was a reduction in the OBC. Then, with the second transfer you probably lost the other perk because you transferred to a TA after the 60 day period and then transferred the cruise again. It would seem according to my understanding.

We also booked a place holder cruise on our recent Med cruise and were told that all of the perks would transfer. We thought about some specific cruises but with two done this year, Alaska and the Med and Hong Kong to Shanghai already booked for next year we decided to just book a place holder. $200 deposit, two perks chosen, pricing is pricing....it is always changing and worst case scenario is we get our $200 back if we cancel before final payment and it is already being transfered to our TA for what ever perks they are offering. Oh, the one we booked was a 15 night Panama Canal trip because that was the furthest out they could book that day.

The cruise we booked for 11 nights required a $900.00 deposit because if the length of the cruise. I have no problem with that. Pay me now or pay me later, as the old Fram commercial used to say.

Never heard of a deposit changing because of the length of the cruise :confused:? The only reason usually is because you've booked a suite and the required deposits are higher, or as gimletgal stated, you're part of some group booking.