Port Canaveral CLOSED

So this may be a dumb question but if they are putting a onboard credit in the amount of one day and you dont use it will it be refunded?

Can't say for sure, but OBC from Royal is typically non-refundable.

Well I sadly think it will be a W in the GA column and so far it's still scheduled for 7:30 at Williams Brice Stadium. However USC has cancelled all classes for the rest of the week beginning today...:confused::confused:

Heard on the radio about an hour ago that the call is up to USCe and would come later this afternoon. Most likely scenario is the Ga dome if they move up the GA State game. It would be too much of a scramble to do it in Athens.

John, I think you should listen to Laura and get in the car and head to Orlando. How close are you to the beach?

It has been many moons since I was in a Hurricane in Miami. Actually we had 3 while I lived there. We lived near MIA so not in flood danger. Would not want to have been on Miami Beach.

Be smart, be safe, head west.

Grace

We are actually on the beach. Lots of neighbors, so we'll be keeping track of each other.

2618c798b024ce59d202001fb099f3b9.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

We are actually on the beach. Lots of neighbors, so we'll be keeping track of each other.

2618c798b024ce59d202001fb099f3b9.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

That is what I was afraid of. Hope your patio furniture is inside. I personally would be scared to death of being flooded out/in. Do you have access to the roof of your building? Had friends here in Citrus County who had to be evacuated from their roof as their house was filled with water.

Hope Matthew spares you and you remain safe and dry.

Grace

That is what I was afraid of. Hope your patio furniture is inside. I personally would be scared to death of being flooded out/in. Do you have access to the roof of your building? Had friends here in Citrus County who had to be evacuated from their roof as their house was filled with water.

Hope Matthew spares you and you remain safe and dry.

Grace

We have the accordian shutters that enclose the balcony. I can lock it up in 15 minutes. The windows have power roll downs. It gets really dark when everything is closed. We are on the 6th floor and I, being a board member have the keys to the roof. I'm actually planning on helping several of the neighbors with their shutters tomorrow morning.

Truly, my only worry is power. Well, that and taking Bella out to do her business. :eek:

Thanks again for the well wishes

https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/eaB1rJytnpS4n5Wk

Edited by John&LaLa
added link to webcam

We have the accordian shutters that enclose the balcony. I can lock it up in 15 minutes. The windows have power roll downs. It gets really dark when everything is closed. We are on the 6th floor and I, being a board member have the keys to the roof. I'm actually planning on helping several of the neighbors with their shutters tomorrow morning.

Truly, my only worry is power. Well, that and taking Bella out to do her business. :eek:

Good luck.... don't you have a balcony cam?

My SO is freaking out.... but not willing to leave because of the doggies... and can't leave the area because the public might need her. We can stay at the high and dry public place with everything one would need in this situation, but can't bring the dogs... and they have some really big generators..... they don't lose power... and they even have nice lounge or two, sorta private, but no alcohol.

I did go to Total Wine to stock up on beer and other necessities ... stay in touch ... and for some reason you email didn't go through..

Mine is my user name at hotmail.... you get the rest

Edited by troykahack

Good luck.... don't you have a balcony cam?

My SO is freaking out.... but not willing to leave because of the doggies... and can't leave the area because the public might need her. We can stay at the high and dry public place with everything one would need in this situation, but can't bring the dogs... and they have some really big generators..... they don't lose power... and they even have nice lounge or two, sorta private, but no alcohol.

I did go to Total Wine to stock up on beer and other necessities ... stay in touch ... and for some reason you email didn't go through..

Mine is my user name at hotmail.... you get the rest

click on the url and you should get the web cam. it is static, but does a time lapse of the daytime sky. you can see the previous day

you can also add the Bloomsky app to your smartphone and locate other weather cams.

Edited by John&LaLa

click on the url and you should get the web cam. it is static, but does a time lapse of the daytime sky. you can see the previous day

you can also add the Bloomsky app to your smartphone and locate other weather cams.

WOW, that is really cool...... looks like you have your own weather station...we have cameras but use them for a different purpose... we use NEST... and have 10 days of video online.. I call them doggie cams.... lol SO watches doggies everywhere we go... LOL

It would be better for the CAM to watch if the storm hits us in daylight... actually it would be better if the storm goes East....

Thanks for the link

Edited by troykahack

And 8:00 update moves track a bit further west, virtually on the coast from West Palm to Titusville or a bit further north, all at CAT 4.

We spent many years in Hurricane Central in NC (4 major stoms). CAT 1, hunker down. CAT 2, use the track as a guide. CAT 3+: Sayanora

Stay safe, John and Laura, and everyone else in the path of this storm. We're in Melbourne, and staying also. At least we're on mainland, but still plenty worried.

Keep safe everyone in Florida, we are thinking of you and all our friends and family over on the Gulf Coast. We were supposed to be in Miami tonight on our way to San Juan, but luckily have managed to get a direct flight now. We are saying prayers for everyone.

Be careful and stay safe, everyone who's not evacuating! We rode out Ike (in Houston, not Galveston), and I'm not sure you could convince me to stay for another one![emoji27]

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Cindy

You should start a live update thread.:)

What about your cars John? Will you move those to higher ground?

FL Gov. Scott on Weather Channel...."Evacuate, This Storm Will Kill You."

Been watching reports from Melbourne Beach (south of John) and Daytona Beach (north of John)....get out while the getting is good. PLEASE