Urgent- theft by passenger- need advice

SusieV

Hope your son gets his DS & games back Susie.

In reading some of these posts, in my mind's eye I visualize Margaret Hamilton peddling her bike with Toto in the basket through a tornado.:rolleyes:

Or an old episode of Perry Mason....;)

Susie (OP) -- So sorry that his happened to you. Having a disappointed child is probably worse than the monetary loss (which I hope your insurance will cover). :(

I would agree with Orator (and others) who have advised going straight to the Hotel Director. Granted, that individual has a lot on his/her plate -- on any cruise. But theft, be it by a passenger or crew member, is an important issue, which needs to be dealt with, swiftly.

OP - Any update? Wishing you all the best.

OP: very sorry. try to enjoy the rest of your vacation, though.

I'm going on a cruise tomorrow and this thread has reminded me to empty my wallet. I carry too much $ with me (not just on cruises), "just in case."

I am currently onboard the Summit repo, and I will post a full review when we disembark but I am hoping to get some suggestions from CC members on how to handle this situation.

My partner and I were in the Solarium after dinner last night and the way the T pool is laid out makes it very difficult to watch your belongings while you swim. We had a small canvas knapsack with us that tied shut with a string as well as buckled closed, and inside the knapsack was a small case with my 7 year old's Nintendo DS and 9 games. When we exited the pool, the bag wasn't there.

It had been turned into Guest Relations, however the bag had obviously been rifled because inside the small case was just one game. Someone had untied and unbuckled the bag to search it, and then removed the DS and 8 of the games (guess they didn't like the 9th).

My son is devastated and I honestly can't believe that someone would go to such an effort to steal from us. We have notified security however Guest Relations tells me they are extremely busy on port days and won't be able to follow up until this evening, and we have another port day tomorrow and then we disembark. They have said they will review the security tapes to see what happened. I have asked what the protocol is when there is theft by passenger (since I cannot believe a crew member would steal such items from a public area since they know about the cameras!) and the officer said he didn't know.

Has anyone dealt with this before? What is going to happen? I don't care about apologies or anything else, I just want my son's items returned.

It would be really nice if there were lockers or something so that we had a place to store things while at the pool but I never imagined someone would actually go to all that trouble to steal from us.

Any help would be appreciated!!

We are so sorry to hear about this incident that has occurred on your sailing. We have contacted the Celebrity Summit team and they have confirmed that our security department has found the items this morning. A crew member will be reaching out to you directly to return your son's belongings.

We hope you enjoy the remainder of your sailing!

We are so sorry to hear about this incident that has occurred on your sailing. We have contacted the Celebrity Summit team and they have confirmed that our security department has found the items this morning. A crew member will be reaching out to you directly to return your son's belongings.

Result!

Wow. Excellent. Talk about a "happy ending" !! :D

SusieV, I'm so happy for you and your son. :)

All's well that ends well. Now RCCI have you found my sunglasses? [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, they are safe and happy living the good life on towel monkees every week while cruising. They won't come home until you can promise them you'll move onto a cruise ship.

Excellent! Good news and so glad this reached a happy conclusion!

Great to hear that the your son gets everything back!

I am really impressed about how it has been handled by Celebrity included the thread of celebrity here.

On our first cruise on the Equinox I forgot my purse at lunch at the buffet restaurant. We returned to our stateroom and I noticed it when I wanted to open the door. We returned immediately and asked a waiter there. They had already found it and had taken it to lost and found. I got it back at guest relation. Needless to say how grateful I was. Great staff!!! I am very careful with my valuables usually. But I was so tired on that day....

We will be back on the Equinox next January.

Edited by black forest

Celebrity - you're the best!!! Very fond memories of the Equinox. Impressed by your rapid speed attention to this matter. Will sail you again for sure!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow truely impressive! Celebrity is watching and reading and was proactive in this matter!

Great job :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

this is fantastic news ... I was reading this with interest as I feel that this may have been a sign of 'new' celebrity ... because I would never have felt that I couldn't leave my bag unattended on past sailings.

so glad you were able to resolve this issue

As I noted in an earlier post: Celebrity takes these matters very seriously.

It is very important to report incidents, whether theft, or service issues ASAP when you are on the ship. Far too many people say nothing and only raise a concern or criticism on Cruise Critic. Susie V exactly what one should do. She reported the problem to the proper people and they followed their protocol as they should. I am so pleased that it all worked out for her and her children. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Kudos to CelebrityCruises for stepping up, here! :cool:

On another thread recently, I heard reports of Carnival's 'official' blogger (John Heald?) volunteering to assist a poster who was dealing with a family tragedy at home -- while onboard a Carnival ship. I found myself wondering whether anyone at Celebrity would do the same, in a similar circumstance. Now, I have my answer -- and it makes me glad to call myself an X cruiser! :)

Edited by wwcruisers

Glad to see something other than the cut and paste replies of the last year. Hope that continues. Replies like the above are great customer service that we want to see!

Edited by Charles4515