disembark-fastest way to airport. Uber or Celebrity Shuttle?

smileytrips

How much is Uber from POM to FLL?

i

It was $31.36 the same as we have paid previously for a shuttle. Much better as it just the 2 of us, no extra stops and far more comfortable. We called an a driver was there in less than 10 minutes.

Just line up with your luggage well before the appointed time, and you'll be among the first handful off. No need to pre-arrange anything. A pre-arranged shuttle means you have to wait for everyone and then load their luggage and then unload at the various airlines while reshuffling the luggage.

Just grab the first cab you see.

When returning from cruise (reflection) our flight is at 11:50 out of Miami. I'm planning to walk of with my own bags but should I call for Uber or purchase the transfer option through Celebrity? Which is faster?

It will not be there shuttle, that is the worst if you are in a rush.

Just line up with your luggage well before the appointed time, and you'll be among the first handful off. No need to pre-arrange anything. A pre-arranged shuttle means you have to wait for everyone and then load their luggage and then unload at the various airlines while reshuffling the luggage.

Just grab the first cab you see.

In August, we were off the ship just before 7:00 a.m., caught a cab right outside Customs and were at the airport at 7:15 a.m.(wear your seatbelt!!). There are lines of cabs right outside Customs terminal, you might even find someone willing to share a ride to the airport.

Thanks everyone. Good to know. We will catch a cab.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

You will find many posts on this same topic if you scan the FLA departure board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

From POM to MIA is a flat rate cab fare of $27+tip - the ride takes about 15 minutes, depending upon traffic and day of the week.

We walked off with luggage at the back of the group, went right through customs, and waited less than 5 minutes for a taxi. $27 flat fee to the airport. Uber was showing $43, not sure why. We were at the airport and checked in before 8am.

When returning from cruise (reflection) our flight is at 11:50 out of Miami. I'm planning to walk of with my own bags but should I call for Uber or purchase the transfer option through Celebrity? Which is faster?

I had used the Shuttle a number of times and would never recommend it. Taxi are available but for Uber you may have to wait 5-10 minutes for them to arrive. At Port Everglades Uber pick up are in the Public Pickup area right in front of Terminal.

We recently returned to Port Everglades and grabbed a cab to the FLL. Trip took less than 15 minutes and the fare was $13.00. I gave him a $20 for handling the luggage etc.

Try https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

Miami Port to FLL approx. $29-38

Miami Port to MIA approx. $19-25