Ugliest cruise ship afloat?

kwazi07

My inlaws hated the interior of the Epic so much (hated the layout, thought things like the toilet seat felt very cheap, etc etc), that I don't think I'd ever try it... Plus, now we've kind of become RC loyalists, so the odds of us traveling any other line is pretty small...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by vacationlover_mn

I'm intrigued by MSC's upcoming ship, Seaside, but I find it u-g-l-y.

94d6fd07c50ffe66daf5b4b23995f379.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use to think Epic, but I think I'm getting used to it. The OP mentioned Majesty, i disagree, but this photo looks like a condo on the sea.

Oasis class of ships because they look like a high rise bldg turned horizontal

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I can't agree with that, at least they kept much of what makes Royal themselves ,but adding the split middle and aquatheather. I've always said WOW the 4 times I've seen on in person. I've sailed 3 times, but the 4th time was watching Oasis leave Port Everglades from the rocks the day before we boarded Allure. I couldn't help but say WOW.

I used to think Epic was ugliest, but then I saw the much older Costa Romantica with the same boxy forehead. That ship is ugliest in my book.

The Princess Grand Class "shopping cart" look is also up there.

Edited by Aquahound

Ugly:

#1 -- Epic is right up there

#2 -- Shopping Carts of Princess

#3 -- Whale Tails of Carnival

Best looking:

#1 -- Queen Mary 2 is nice

#2 -- Solstice Class of Celebrity

By the way, I'm scheduled to sail MSC's Seaside and I'm intrigued. It's growing on me!!:D

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Ugly:

Best looking:

By the way, I'm scheduled to sail MSC's Seaside and I'm intrigued. It's growing on me!!:D

Enjoy!

The 'shopping carts' seem kinda cool...at least they serve a purpose! It's almost like a Viking Crown on Princess.

I used my phone to type this, excuse any typos please!

Hi all!

I don't know how I thought of this topic, but it'd be cool to see your opinions on it. In your opinion, what are some of the ugliest cruise ships?

To me, the NCL Epic is hands down the winner. But I'm not a fan of Carnival's Fantasy class.

Royal's ships are pretty nice, but if I had to pick one, it would probably be Majesty. I don't like the no balcony look and it looks a little smooshed :D

Thanks for asking...the ugliest shipwe have been on was Carnival's Freedom. It was sooo dark and gloomy on the inside and decorated terribly that all we wanted to do was spend time outside. We have opted out of going on any more Carnival ships.

I can't agree with that, at least they kept much of what makes Royal themselves ,but adding the split middle and aquatheather. I've always said WOW the 4 times I've seen on in person. I've sailed 3 times, but the 4th time was watching Oasis leave Port Everglades from the rocks the day before we boarded Allure. I couldn't help but say WOW.

The interior of the Oasis class ships are beautiful and you feel so special being on them.

Also the solstice class Celebrity ships are gorgeous and very elegant...even the women's bathrooms!!:) They should have been called the Elegant class!

It must be the sister ship of Carnival Freedom....so dark and depressing!

They're not sister ships--the Pride is Spirit class, the Freedom is the Freedom class. But they are similar.

I haven't been on any of those classes, but looking at pictures, the Carnival atriums are very dark due to their setup. They're really tall, but the skylight is small.

Plus I feel like Farcus associated elegance with darkness.

I used my phone to type this, excuse any typos please!

The interior of the Oasis class ships are beautiful and you feel so special being on them.

Also the solstice class Celebrity ships are gorgeous and very elegant...even the women's bathrooms!!:) They should have been called the Elegant class!

I agree with you on both statements. I love the Oasis class ships. Can't wait to sail on the Harmony. Hopefully, next year.

We've only sailed on the Solstice class once but the ship was beautiful.

Actually, the way a ship looks like on the outside wouldn't influence my decision on whether to sail on it. I'm more interested on the inside.

Ugly:

Best looking:

Enjoy!

It looks like it has outside dining in the back. If it does that's a step in the right direction.