OMG.... Slamming Doors

Our suite door on Liberty this past week slammed because it was so heavy. The hardware on the doors don't allow for a soft close unless you hold the door as you are closing it. We were more aware of it when our toddler was sleeping of course. When we were inside our suite, we never heard other doors slamming. What ship are you on?

Ok? What are you looking for here....

To remind others not to slam these heavy metal cabin door shut especially late at night or early in the morning. We had the people in next balcony cabin over, the one with the adjacent door to ours, on Anthem earlier this year that let their door slam shut whenever, no matter what time it was, they came back or left their cabin.

To be fair these door had a very strong closer mechanism so if one just released it from fully opened it would slam shut very hard. We quickly learned to simply hold on to our cabin door until it was almost closed then pushed in to ensure it was locked. It took maybe 2 seconds more time to do so. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

Once on Mariner my wife had the balcony door wide open and I opened the room door without even thinking and the suction effect pulled the closet door completely off its' hinges. We were able to reattach it with no problem and enjoyed a good laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To remind others not to slam these heavy metal cabin door shut especially late at night or early in the morning. We had the people next door to our balcony on Anthem earlier this year that let their door slam shut whenever, no matter what time it was, they came back or left their cabin.

To be fair these door had a very strong closer mechanism so if one just released it from fully opened it would slam shut very hard. We quickly learned to simply hold on to our cabin door until it was almost closed then pushed in to ensure it was locked. ;)

And it's not just passengers. Most of the stewards let the doors slam also.

And it's not just passengers. Most of the stewards let the doors slam also.

We've never had a problem with the cabin stewards for the three, all different locations, cabins we've had on Anthem nor any other RCI ships.

IMO they would know this is a problem with them being on the ship for very long periods of time.

If I did have a cabin steward doing this I would definitely have a discussion with them concerning it.

After a few days of this I was going to mention the problem of their door slamming to our neighbors but this much older couple never spoke English when on their balcony or outside the cabin. It was always Spanish or another similar language they spoke so I didn't even though now I think I should have. :(

Edited by robtulipe

Haven't cruised RCI for over two years and the biggest change I've noticed...

The cabin doors that are being continously SLAMMED up and down our corridor!!!

Far out I'm waiting for one to come off it hinges....

Our Majesty cruise in 2007 we were in an inside stateroom right next to where the crew enters and leaves and blam blam blam all night went the door.

Well I am glad to see others have had problems with this other than us. It is just plain rude to let your door slam when you walk out or in. Please be considerate to others and take the door and let it shut gently. This has waked us up every day starting early in the morning and one already knows not to have both balcony door open and your hallway door open for the wind tunnel effect. Just saying....tired of it.

Slamming doors are not unique to cruise travel, it happens in hotels too. There are a lot of people in the world who are just plain clueless.

Yep...and not unique to Royal either...we had people next to us on a Carnival cruise one time that slammed the door so hard every time they went in or out our walls actually SHOOK...leaving notes on their door did no good...I think they slammed it more...

Haven't cruised RCI for over two years and the biggest change I've noticed...

The cabin doors that are being continously SLAMMED up and down our corridor!!!

Far out I'm waiting for one to come off it hinges....

People are very inconsiderate.

I have been guilty of letting a door slam shut occasionally. Sometimes you just don't catch it in time.

I am sure we have all had a door slam once or twice but I think we are all talking about the consistent slamming that we have all encountered at one time or another. We had the slam family beside us on Oasis in May. Didn't make a difference what time of day it was, they just dropped the door. They also just banged the bathroom door and slider.

An accidental slam happens, I hope not to be beside the slam family again. Might have to try the note thing if it happens again.

I am sure we have all had a door slam once or twice but I think we are all talking about the consistent slamming that we have all encountered at one time or another. We had the slam family beside us on Oasis in May. Didn't make a difference what time of day it was, they just dropped the door. They also just banged the bathroom door and slider.

An accidental slam happens, I hope not to be beside the slam family again. Might have to try the note thing if it happens again.

My neighbors on Quantum were in the Slam Family. They slammed it so hard, that one day the TV jumped off the wall.

(not completely OFF the wall, just off the clips that hold it in one position)