beach bag?

bstrong3

Whether you are on a cold weather or warm weather cruise there will be a tote bag/beach bag in your stateroom. The quality varies as to whether you are in a suite or less expensive stateroom.

But I do pack a compact "Eco-bag" style tote. These bags fold into a much smaller compact size than the bags provided by Celebrity and I find them handy to corral any purchases made at a port. They are also easy to rinse out and dry extremely quickly, so they are handy when actually on a beach too.

We've gotten them on RCI...but we always bring what we need....so we don't need to rely on a "give-a-way" thing.

The last time I brought my own bag was on our first cruise in 1992. Ever since we use the "free" bags given to us by the cruise line. (actually not free or a give a way, they are priced into your fare )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Does Concierge Class still get the nice Longchamp style nylon tote bags that fold up?

Yes, we got one a couple of weeks ago in Concierge. It's a different design to some we've had in the past whereby the bag folded up around the handles. This design has the bag folded and placed in a pouch. When it's taken out the pouch then attaches inside the bag with press-studs. Same fabric as before

The normal cabins get a cotton bag which is fine for beach towels.

Edited by Bobal

Yes, you can keep it, but the quality of those given to balcony cabins isn't very good- material is very thin.

Agree.

We prefer to take our own, it's a fairly unique design (having been a limited edition run by our organisation a few years ago for publicity purposes) so no one can "accidentally" pick it thinking it's theirs. It is also sturdier and meets our needs more than giveaway ones.

And is this celebrity bag one to keep? Is it normal beach bag size? This is the first I've heard of it.

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

It's smaller than a typical beach bag, more like a tote. It is a challenge to fit 2 beach towels into, but it can be done. We use it for that purpose. I'm talking about the one given in concierge cabins..

We were in Aqua on Eclipse and had one Longchamp style as pictured above and a white nylon and net drawstring backpack type bag which I found useful for the gym.

One was on the bed and the other in the closet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Alohaaloha

We were in Aqua on Eclipse and had one Longchamp style as pictured above and a white nylon and net drawstring backpack type bag which I found useful for the gym.

One was on the bed and the other in the closet.

I think the one in the closet that you referred to is a laundry bag, but that's a clever use for it!

I think the one in the closet that you referred to is a laundry bag, but that's a clever use for it!

Lol is it ???? Oh my how embarrassing- the best of it is, several ladies stopped me in the solarium and asked me if I'd bought it from the shop on board- [emoji15]( red face lol)