Adonia to return end of 2017.

daiB

I do hope that this is true. We have never cruised on Adonia but did a ship tour in the last year of P&O service and thought she was a lovely ship. P&O itineraries are very repetitive as the increasingly larger ships are quite restricted as to which ports they can visit. Perhaps the return of a small ship such as Adonia will allow for some much more interesting and varied itineraries, such as those offered by Fred Olsen.

I was told onboard a couple of weeks ago that Adonia would be rejoining the fleet. This provides further evidence that it is true. Hopefully this won't provoke tiresome speculation about whether any other ship is to be sold / reallocated, especially when the new ship is launched in 2020. Maybe she will include Cuba on her future P & O itinerary. She seems to know it quite well.

If true, this is fantastic news! Adonia is one of our favourite ships. We've travelled on her twice and she is so welcoming. All the staff loved her too. She is able to go to places the bigger ships can't. We went up the River to Seville on one trip which is fantastic. Think I shall be letting P&O know how excited we are to hear this - a little pressure doesn't hurt! :)

Reports in USA Today have Adonia coming back to P&O.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2016/11/23/fathom-cruise-to-cease-sailings/94358740/

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The press release I read said it would stop Cuba sailings in June next year, so it should be available for P&O from July sometime.

Reports in USA Today have Adonia coming back to P&O.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2016/11/23/fathom-cruise-to-cease-sailings/94358740/

Surely this is nonsense Dai? Millions of Americans want to visit Cuba and use their cruise vacation time building things for locals and teach them English.

Regards John

Surely this is nonsense Dai? Millions of Americans want to visit Cuba and use their cruise vacation time building things for locals and teach them English.

Regards John

That's what I thought. Not that I have been on Adonia or am I likely to.

So pleased to hear this news.....we had a wonderful 30 night cruise on her in 2015....the itineraries will be released for sale on 8 December (7 December for Caribbean tier and above)

Hi Jenny Wren,

Silly question, but how do you know about the dates? Are they on the website somewhere?

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

So pleased to hear this news.....we had a wonderful 30 night cruise on her in 2015....the itineraries will be released for sale on 8 December (7 December for Caribbean tier and above)

Where did you find that out from? I had a look at the P&O website a could of hours ago, but couldn't find anything.

It's just flashed up on my Facebook page.

Good afternoon, as the Fathom experience has been expanded across many Carnival brands sailing to the Dominican Republic and beyond, we are pleased to let you know that we have Adonia, our well loved small ship, sailing a range of discovery itineraries from June 2017. These will be on general sale from December 8, 2016.

Now's P&O's chance to home port a ship somewhere else in the UK, saving many of us the slog down to Southampton, or having to go on other lines.

RCI are placing a Celebrity ship on Dublin next summer... it's time for another port for a P&O ship!

Now's P&O's chance to home port a ship somewhere else in the UK, saving many of us the slog down to Southampton, or having to go on other lines.

RCI are placing a Celebrity ship on Dublin next summer... it's time for another port for a P&O ship!

Great idea.

Regards John

My apologies, but I cannot agree. Southampton is P&O's home port and has been for over a 100 yrs. It would be a terrible shame if that changed, and I would say that no matter where I lived I'm afraid.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.