Your favorite Food on RCCL

josephml1

Coconut Ranger Cookies all the way!!! There was usually a lineup for them in WJ on our last cruise. The poor guy carrying them out got stalked! :-D

DH waxes rhapsodic about these bagel/pastry wrapped hot dogs we once got at embarkation lunch on BOTS. I'm guessing they were a "use it up" chef special because we've never seen them again, but dang, they were good!

I bring few baggies each cruise, keep few cookies in my room with milk for late nite snack...

cream of mushroom soup

all the chilled soups

shrimp cocktail

coconut ranger cookies!

breakfast triangle hash browns

french toast when it is made fresh at the MDR

frozen dairy dessert by the pool (not that its all that great - more that its readily available)

cheese tortellini (2nd formal night in MDR on 7 nighters)

starter salad with warm goat cheese at Chops

For those lamenting over no longer seeing their favorite on the menu - ask! The worst they can say is no, and that is pretty unheard of. The mostly likely option is they bring it out (I've heard they still have a lot of these items available, just only on request), and second most likely is they have it made for you the next night.

I bring few baggies each cruise, keep few cookies in my room with milk for late nite snack...

I do the same! I'm always starving when I get back from excursions, and of course that is when even Windjammer is closed. Plus it always seems like they only have the ranger cookies at the beginning of a cruise, or at least never when I want them. I miss room service being free, as I'd just order milk & cookies. Having to run down to the Promenade Cafe at least helps offset them a bit though.

I like the cheesecake lollipops at the cafe, not so keen on any of the other deserts in any of the venues, they always seem to look much more tasty than they actually are and there are lots of other calories around too :p

For our annual charter cruise, they had the cheesecake lollipops at Café Promenade back in 2016 on the Indy, but they haven't had them since.

My friend is now waffling on going on the charter again in 2019...and one of the reasons he cited was the lack of those excellent cheesecake lollipops. :o

cream of mushroom soup

all the chilled soups

shrimp cocktail

coconut ranger cookies!

breakfast triangle hash browns

french toast when it is made fresh at the MDR

frozen dairy dessert by the pool (not that its all that great - more that its readily available)

cheese tortellini (2nd formal night in MDR on 7 nighters)

starter salad with warm goat cheese at Chops

For those lamenting over no longer seeing their favorite on the menu - ask! The worst they can say is no, and that is pretty unheard of. The mostly likely option is they bring it out (I've heard they still have a lot of these items available, just only on request), and second most likely is they have it made for you the next night.

I agree with you. After the vadalia tart was taken off the menu we asked our waiter if he could get us some. The next night he brought it out to us as a desert. And we had it the next night again. The next cruise we asked for the tart, the head waiter talked to us. He assured us we would have it the next night. It did no show up. The following night he came around and asked how we liked the tart. He was so mad. He made sure we got some the next night. Just ask. If it is possible then there is a good chance you will get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok I gotta ask=---What are ranger cookies? We've been on Celebrity lately, Haven,t been on RC for a while We are going in Sept to Bermuda on RC
Coconut, I think. Very sweet and chewy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Was able to get apple pie with NO RAISINS from section captain on Anthem.

What a treat!:)

Chops had hot apple pie ala mode with RASINS :(. So disappointed, wish they would stop mixing rasins in. I did have a fantastic key lime pie instead though!

Agree with the cold soup in the MDR, however we love 150 on Allure and Oasis. They now have a menu to order off of, but we loved the pre set menu days, they would change it during the cruse and we would go twice. Know pre set is not set for everyone but we enjoyed it and they cucumber martini in 150 is so good.