Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Hi Everyone!

From everything I have seen, the ship is absolutely gorgeous and I just can't wait to get on board!!!  February can't come soon enough.

Looking to book another cruise while onboard, LOL!!!  so would anyone have a picture or video of the interior and exterior of OceanView Cabin with Balcony?    The ones that look like a porthole.  Where are these cabins located? They look intriguing!!

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

I agree. When I first saw the video, I thought this was Cirque 2.0. I can’t understand why X is returning to a failed form of entertainment. Maybe others will love it, but we won’t be attending a performance like this.

I dunno...I’m kinda tired of jugglers and the hypnotist bit myself...

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

My one complaint about my recent Celebrity cruises has been the noise levels throughout the ship – not a design flaw on M- and S-class, just a decision [allegedly 'by Miami'] that music levels should be set so high that conversation is impossible, and that there should be 'background' music everywhere.  These early reports from Edge show that 'Miami' still wants it that way.  It feels like Celebrity is being positioned as the cruise line for Royal Caribbean folks when their kids have moved out.  That's their marketing choice – but it may be my walking papers...

Its been a real problem in the past....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pennstateman said:

I dunno...I’m kinda tired of jugglers and the hypnotist bit myself...

I think that even after the kids are all grown and out the door that 'we' are fun and open minded people. I don't think we are a bunch of dull Rodger's. I do think we like 'good' things. As in quality. I don't think we are easily fooled into thinking something is good just because its new. If Eden is actaully a Theatre Venue, that's kind of cool and I didn't expevct that....Maybe the 'acts' are not that good though. 

Edited by MizDemeanor

There is an 8 minute video on you tube by affluent journeys of the Eden performance.  quality is better than the  2 minute one posted here.  But, it still does not look like it is for me.  If I did go see it on the ship, I think it would be a one and done type of experience. 

The Jewelry Box show is much more to my liking, plus I know the seats in the ttheatre will be comfy!

Edited by ecslady

Edgies,

I need an advice.
We are on January 13th leg, and it seems impossible to get a free sitting for dinners at this time - even though we are with Elite status. 

Could anybody please suggest a way to get it before embarkation? I know that many would suggest to get to the MDR (either one of the four...) and to try to arrange it immediately upon embarkation, but is there an option to write-talk-scream at anybody to arrange this in advance? 

(we suspect that X does not want to release all of the free sitting booking for later cruises BEFORE they figure out how to keep up with the calamity of free sitting split on four restaurants - I think it would be disappointing if they set it up the way that "free sitters" will be bound to only one restaurant and for fixed sitting... but time will tell)

Anyhow, if you know a good way of arranging it remotely and in advance, please let me know.

Much obliged! 

10 hours ago, gottacruisemore said:

the phone is an option, part of the tech advances. cards are used and needed, things on the app specifically state to bring your card (i.e. pool towels)

I believe the pool towel conundrum has been squashed, Celebrity will not be requiring sea pass cards to "check out" towels as they do on Royal, as per passengers currently experiencing the ship. They have noted they are stacked on racks as usual for all to take.

Edited by CruisingTheWaves
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, marylander2 said:

Edgies,

I need an advice.
We are on January 13th leg, and it seems impossible to get a free sitting for dinners at this time - even though we are with Elite status. 

Could anybody please suggest a way to get it before embarkation? I know that many would suggest to get to the MDR (either one of the four...) and to try to arrange it immediately upon embarkation, but is there an option to write-talk-scream at anybody to arrange this in advance? 

(we suspect that X does not want to release all of the free sitting booking for later cruises BEFORE they figure out how to keep up with the calamity of free sitting split on four restaurants - I think it would be disappointing if they set it up the way that "free sitters" will be bound to only one restaurant and for fixed sitting... but time will tell)

Anyhow, if you know a good way of arranging it remotely and in advance, please let me know.

Much obliged! 

Dining seatings are capacity controlled. Especially with four (4) MDR options, Select Dining was bound to be fully booked and fast.

Usually, NO amount of screaming would help.

When did you book? Are you on the wait list? This may clear before you board or after or not.

bon appetite and bon voyage

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Dining seatings are capacity controlled. Especially with four (4) MDR options, Select Dining was bound to be fully booked and fast.

Usually, NO amount of screaming would help.

When did you book? Are you on the wait list? This may clear before you board or after or not.

Even if  they are assigned to one retaurant for  fixed searing..I believe  there will be a way to try the others, subject to  availabilty.

We booked  Select res  for our cruise next Nov as soon as we were able to..

I agree .Screaming  is not the way to go!

Marylander... Elite status not what it used to be..Suite guests are higher in the pecking order these days..just a fact But I am sure X will work with you. 

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

We booked in August, and yes, we are on a wait list; and I said about screaming just for fun, I am a charming 6'3" 250 lb guy with big smile )))) so I always deal with services in a good way 😂😂😂

Thanks Bo, we shall see!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Even if  they are assigned to one retaurant for  fixed searing..I believe  there will be a way to try the others, subject to  availabilty.

------------------------------

Yes, there is a protocol for trying the other restaurants...

Not sure what it is, but the OP can review X's website to find out what it is, so they are prepared in advance as much as possible.

bon voyage

Just now, marylander2 said:

We booked in August, and yes, we are on a wait list; and I said about screaming just for fun, I am a charming 6'3" 250 lb guy with big smile )))) so I always deal with services in a good way 😂😂😂

Thanks Bo, we shall see!

LOL, or they deal with you in a good way...

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

We booked  Select res  for our cruise next Nov as soon as we were able to..

I agree .Screaming  is not the way to go!

Marylander... Elite status not what it used to be..Suite guests are higher in the pecking order these days..just a fact But I am sure X will work with you. 

Thanks, hcat!

We tried to book Select dining together with booking, but it was already too late (wait list, which we took). Previously, on M and S class X ships, we never had a problem even if we did not officially apply for Select dining - once onboard, we talked to Assistant M'd, and we ALWAYS had a table of choice at reserved times. I think that the current hold-off for the Edge is related to the split of MDR into 4 venues...

Thanks again!

On 11/24/2018 at 11:51 AM, kearney said:

Tall cruiser... I think you are correct it is likely one of those two cabins. I think any cabin between that section (which juts out some) and the MC... would have views really impacted by both the MC and to a lesser degree that other section that sticks out. It will be interesting to see how passengers react to those cabins.... the view, the MC activity, noise associated with music, wind buffeting the MC and perhaps noise associated with the MC mechanism. I know some people who requested a guaranteed C cabin... ended up with one of these immediately next to the MC. So they paid a premium vs a E4 cabin.. and end up with a minimal view... now it may be great if you like activity, people watching etc... but if you prefer the solitude of a normal ocean veranda... may not be so nice. But there may be more that like the activity than those that prefer quiet... but we will see. I wonder if they can see the bridge from that cabin... I also like to watch the bridge when we come into port.. to me that is not an obstructed view. Thanks for the info by the way

Just back from the Edge CC cabin 9214....3rd cabin from the magic carpet...this is the view from the balcony looking towards the MC. Also we left the balcony window open one night and there is music I could hear playing from the MC all night when is was docked on deck 5. With the balcony window closed you couldn't hear it.

I believe they will most likely be reclassifying these as obstructed view cabins at some point.

IMG_5359.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the photo. Could you hear the mechanism when it was being moved... or do the windows keep that from being an issue. How late do they move the MC back up to the top deck... I assume it is early enough not to be an issue if someone has gone to bed early...   

1 hour ago, kearney said:

Thanks for the photo. Could you hear the mechanism when it was being moved... or do the windows keep that from being an issue. How late do they move the MC back up to the top deck... I assume it is early enough not to be an issue if someone has gone to bed early...   

Im not sure I was ever in the cabin when they moved it....if I was I didn't hear anything. 

4 hours ago, marylander2 said:

Thanks, hcat!

We tried to book Select dining together with booking, but it was already too late (wait list, which we took). Previously, on M and S class X ships, we never had a problem even if we did not officially apply for Select dining - once onboard, we talked to Assistant M'd, and we ALWAYS had a table of choice at reserved times. I think that the current hold-off for the Edge is related to the split of MDR into 4 venues...

Thanks again!

Just to let you know the menus in the 4 dining rooms are the same except for 3 appetizers and 3 entrees representing regional foods related to each restaurant.  The regional menus, like the Classic menu, do not change daily.  The Celebrity Signature menu changes daily and it is the same for all the restaurants.

I was 7 cabins from the MC in my first cabin. I could hear the noise through a closed window, but it wasn't too obnoxious or long. I didn't know it was the MC until I looked out the window and it had moved - I thought it was the neighbor putting down her IV - it was that kind of mechanical sound. The next time I had the window open and heard it quite loudly for about 3 minutes from deck 2 to 5. There were also a couple of clanks and a big bang. See if this link works to hear it.

https://content.invisioncic.com/j283755/monthly_2018_11/B4A5E963-CFBA-4F2D-86BB-0446EAD56DAE.MOV.a687bea06d740f49eaf7a370c9be68e0.MOV

I think some of these  cabins will ultimately go for reduced fares..

Noise, music,  view  would justify that, and some folks would not mind if they got a good price for an S 3 suite...or cabin near  the MC...

X will have to make the issues known.