Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

hcat - I agree.  Too much flashing lighting can cause seizures, too, but that is usually more prevalent with strobe lighting.

And, contrary to others' opinions, I really don't like those different colors on the MC.  But that is my opinion, of course.  :classic_wink:

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Balcony  pic  convinced me that a real balcony is the  way to go;  but luckily  we'll have the chance to try both styles!

Crew cabins look cozy and  like a good place to catch up on sleep, ..hope they have a  window...otherwise claustrophobic for some

I do not like all the neon lights I am seeing...MCarpet area, grand plaza Chandlier,.  Too much like Times Square honkey tonk.....,.,hard on the eyes,,,.can cause migraines for some...hope the shows won't overdo the lighting...because I really want to experience a few of them

I’m nervous about all the neon and flashing lights as I do get migraines from bright, flashing and strobing lights.  I already know I can’t go to some of the shows, my fingers are crossed for the rest of the ship.

12 hours ago, Oville said:

I’m nervous about all the neon and flashing lights as I do get migraines from bright, flashing and strobing lights.  I already know I can’t go to some of the shows, my fingers are crossed for the rest of the ship.

Today most of those lights are LED's which are not at all lick flickering neon.  No worries.  

• Like 1

It affects me , must be the harshness, and the blinking lights especially

plus the look is not to my liking.., just my opinion

Good for the disco but not for everywhere or everyone...

EDGE has a variey of spaces and styles so I will seek out  the mellow!

21 hours ago, Mcampo said:

Just found this photo on Instagram that one of the crew posted. Maybe an Aft cabin/SV cabin?  

9A4359AF-51D8-4E17-A381-450876B17735.jpeg

Regarding your earlier question, I think many places will be closed in San Juan on New Years. I just call the place that I like and it will be closed (Barra China). 

Stumbled onto some pictures of the Celebrity Edge Orchestra (or one called it the Edge Theatre Ensemble) practicing for shows that will be presented in the theater. Some commented on the remarkable talent of the group.

image.thumb.png.57b47b96d8b0aba93c25b63d895a7cfe.png

image.png.cfe569b1f0d9f55a33886980f14543db.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

I found this picture of the Retreat Sundeck rear entrance (?RFID access). You can also see the stairway down to the Retreat Lounge Sundeck to the right and in the center is the path to the forward section of the Retreat Sundeck (need to walk through the elevator corridors - the path is likely to the left of where I marked the path).

image.png.a4fc512d9104315465cbbb80a6fe1931.png

image.png.b943f38a31060fa093a842ed2a26cf5b.png

This looks like the back of the Edge Villas that will be private pergolas, I presume (looks like gates being erected). You can see the Solarium dome in the background. The pathway for others between the forward and rear Retreat Sundecks will likely be in the center where the elevators are located.

image.thumb.png.e4ac5273f59d7965996d7970e9615a68.png

Cool shot!

So the area around the Solarium Dome will be  public access sun deck?

Looks like some nice loungers up there. Seems sheltered by the Retreat area....if not windy it could be a nice  spot for reading and relaxation.,.

46 minutes ago, DachshundsRule said:

No, that area is continuation of The Retreat. Surprised there is a transparent border. NCL’s Haven is very out of sight/out of mind. I think this will make people cognizant of space they can’t access. Poor planning in my opinion.

I was just speaking to my DH about that. I don’t like the transparent border. I think the area should not be so “in the face” of those who do not have access. I think a nicer barrier could have been put there. 

8 hours ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

Today most of those lights are LED's which are not at all lick flickering neon.  No worries.  

I agree, the lights will most likely be LED's as they are cooler, more energy efficient and do not burn out. will probably not use flashing lights onboard because they can cause epileptic seizures in some people.

16 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

I was just speaking to my DH about that. I don’t like the transparent border. I think the area should not be so “in the face” of those who do not have access. I think a nicer barrier could have been put there. 

As a non suite guest, I think transparent looks better than those black bar gates..I think once folks know what's off limits, it' ll be fine unless folks try to go in with their friends.   On Oasis thete were key card access area....not a big deal.

43 minutes ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

SOOO happy to see the orchestra/band.    Thanks for the photo VT.

Me too! We really enjoyed the Reflection Orchestra last year - they were so talented and really added to the shows. There were guest performers on who commented on what great musicians they they were. It looks like we may have a great orchestra on the Edge as well. :classic_smile:

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

As a non suite guest, I think transparent looks better than those black bar gates..I think once folks know what's off limits, it' ll be fine unless folks try to go in with their friends.   On Oasis thete were key card access area....not a big deal.

I agree the transparent wall does look better than those black bar gates. In general, I feel like this looks like an afterthought. But it’s still a beautiful ship and I am excited to see how it actually looks and functions in 46 days when we board.

1 hour ago, Lloyd555 said:

I am determined to post 100 Magic Carpet photos. :classic_tongue:

Photo by Yves Pommeron. 

Pommeron October 20 2018 1.jpg

Keep the MC photos coming! I am waiting rather impatiently for a video of the MC moving and "parking." Maybe I will need to wait until I see it in person, but I have a feeling a video will surface soon, now that she has so many residents onboard. :classic_smile:

Looking at this photo, the S3 windows look finished off - it almost looks like they are sliders - if so, that would be a nice addition to those suites.

Still not a hint of furniture on the suite verandas to give us an idea of the furnishings... I will need to order my inflatable lounge chairs soon, if needed....:classic_wink:

image.thumb.png.d3ffe7835a8266de9afaa05b15432deb.png

22 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

I agree the transparent wall does look better than those black bar gates. In general, I feel like this looks like an afterthought. But it’s still a beautiful ship and I am excited to see how it actually looks and functions in 46 days when we board.

Mary, maybe it will be like First Class on the airlines and they will pull a dark curtain across during the day. :classic_wink:

Maybe they’ll do potted plants or something.

Vt, I think you are looking thru to the sliding doors when looking at the windows.

On another subject, there are some of the sweetest instagram posts from new crew, musicians, etc. right now. They seem sooo excited to be there! It’s quite catching. One Russian gal posted some delicious food shots and wrote this (translated by the gadget):

9B321317-E3E9-4A2A-B8DD-DF0BE675FE64.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Mary, maybe it will be like First Class on the airlines and they will pull a dark curtain across during the day. :classic_wink:

Oh let’s hope not! Lol those curtains are so tired looking! Lol.. Edge is modern and fresh! It’s all about Eliminating the curtain! It’s getting so close! I can’t wait to discover if the VW will be waiting for us or not!