Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

14 minutes ago, DachshundsRule said:

On another subject, there are some of the sweetest instagram posts from new crew, musicians, etc. right now. They seem sooo excited to be there! It’s quite catching. One Russian gal posted some delicious food shots and wrote this (translated by the gadget):

It has been fun to read some of the postings from those onboard. Everyone seems so excited - it will be all the sweeter for us to have such upbeat people to greet us and share the ship with us. :classic_smile:

10 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

Oh let’s hope not! Lol those curtains are so tired looking! Lol.. Edge is modern and fresh! It’s all about Eliminating the curtain! It’s getting so close! I can’t wait to discover if the VW will be waiting for us or not! 

I like Dachshunds idea of potted plants better. They likely won't assign a suite to me on my very first pre-preview cruise so I will have my nose to the glass....:classic_wink:

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Mary, maybe it will be like First Class on the airlines and they will pull a dark curtain across during the day. :classic_wink:

On the first few days there will be Celebrity staff stationed at each door with a big push "upgrade to a suite and you can use this space too!"  :classic_wink:

4 hours ago, DachshundsRule said:

Maybe they’ll do potted plants or something.

Vt, I think you are looking thru to the sliding doors when looking at the windows.

On another subject, there are some of the sweetest instagram posts from new crew, musicians, etc. right now. They seem sooo excited to be there! It’s quite catching. One Russian gal posted some delicious food shots and wrote this (translated by the gadget):

9B321317-E3E9-4A2A-B8DD-DF0BE675FE64.png

This is very cool. You can almost feel how excited she is to be on Edge and what it means. Also I am glad that these hard working crew who are very deserving are being taken care of very well. Thanks for sharing. 

14 hours ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

Today most of those lights are LED's which are not at all lick flickering neon.  No worries.  

My guess is you have no idea about lighting and migraines.  Remember when fluorescent lights first came out and used in hotels.  The light wasn’t steady rather flickering, bad news for me.

I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer here but unless you’ve experienced what I do with bright/dull lights strobing or flashing please do not tell me “no worries.”  But of course if you are a neurologist I would love your free advise.😉

We’ll be on the Edge on November 27 and can’t wait.

Katie

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

This is very cool. You can almost feel how excited she is to be on Edge and what it means. Also I am glad that these hard working crew who are very deserving are being taken care of very well. Thanks for sharing. 

Here's another crew member on Instagram

Spungoldtraveller

• Like 1

I dont know about migraines, however my daughter is epileptic. We were concerned that she might have photo sensitive epilepsy. She had a test and found out she wasnt. We were told it was strobe lights, sudden flashes like camera flashes  which can cause problems however It is a very small percentage of people who have seizures who are photosensitive.

The lights shown so far dont come into problem categories to cause seizures. Camera flashes would be much more of a problem!

So Glad I moved our cabin to the other side-  While it might be nice going on the Magic Carpet- it clearly obstructs the view of the cabins above and below-  It also might be very noisy especially if you like to go to bed early or wake up late-  Would hate to walk out on my balcony and see a roof below- or in front of.  

8 hours ago, Oville said:

My guess is you have no idea about lighting and migraines.  Remember when fluorescent lights first came out and used in hotels.  The light wasn’t steady rather flickering, bad news for me.

I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer here but unless you’ve experienced what I do with bright/dull lights strobing or flashing please do not tell me “no worries.”  But of course if you are a neurologist I would love your free advise.😉

Katie

Interesting that people who  have not experienced light sensitivity impacts know so much about how it affects others.   They may also tell you  that super loud music is good for you!

Aside from health issues, I think alot of the lighting being shown   is tacky looking...like a Carnival... A good chandelier does not need  colored lights to enhance its crystals.   Ex, Blu, Tuscan and the Chilully (sp) removed from Michaels Club some years ago!...Just my opinion...

8 hours ago, Oville said:

Katie

Sorry for your problems.  My DIL , a nurse, switched hospitals, where her ward has LED lighting and her migraines seemed to lessened.  But that is her experience. each individual is different. My bad for generalizing.

55 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Something is happening around the funnel. :classic_biggrin:

edge name 1.jpg

edge name 3.jpg

Are those the mountings for the letters maybe?  And the crane to lift them up there?  Can't wait to see!

Better question is: Are they doing the same kind of thing on the port side, too? If not, then probably no letters at this time.  The boom on the crane looks to be long enough to work for both sides, but that is just a guess from looking at this photo.  Hard to tell for sure, of course.

Edited by beachbunny6

5 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Are those the mountings for the letters maybe?  And the crane to lift them up there?  Can't wait to see!

Better question is: Are they doing the same kind of thing on the port side, too? If not, then probably no letters at this time.

I think the funnel is about to get Edgey 😉

47 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

So Glad I moved our cabin to the other side-  While it might be nice going on the Magic Carpet- it clearly obstructs the view of the cabins above and below-  It also might be very noisy especially if you like to go to bed early or wake up late-  Would hate to walk out on my balcony and see a roof below- or in front of.  

Going on? It’s not a ride or lift/elevator 

1 hour ago, britsbest said:

Going on? It’s not a ride or lift/elevator 

No rides,  but it is a big structure that will have impacts...possible noise, shadows, views blocked at times..

Those booked on MC side will have front row seats as it moves! We opted for the other side..

17 hours ago, Mcampo said:

I was just speaking to my DH about that. I don’t like the transparent border. I think the area should not be so “in the face” of those who do not have access. I think a nicer barrier could have been put there. 

Why pretend that it is not there or hide it?  Passengers make purchasing choices - in this case whether to spend more to have Retreat access.  For those that purchase non-suites, it is not really "in the face" as it was their choice to do so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Interesting that people who  have not experienced light sensitivity impacts know so much about how it affects others.   They may also tell you  that super loud music is good for you!

Aside from health issues, I think alot of the lighting being shown   is tacky looking...like a Carnival... A good chandelier does not need  colored lights to enhance its crystals.   Ex, Blu, Tuscan and the Chilully (sp) removed from Michaels Club some years ago!...Just my opinion...

I guess we all have issues of one kind or another. 

• Like 1

Maybe “in your face” was a poor choice of words.  I am speaking as a suite guest, who decide to purchase access to it. I just personally don’t like the look, that’s all. I would have preferred something a little more decorative and not so transparent. Just my personal opinion. Again, poor choice of words. 

• Like 1