Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

2 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

I believe it is there, but not pulled out from the cabinet.  It uses the full length mirror.  Pretty clever, actually. However, I agree that for those who leave hair and makeup items out all the time, it would be impossible to push it back under the cabinet to make more room for walking.  Perhaps a good place to make use of one of those smaller foldable storage bins for making it easier to relocate personal supplies off the desk, in case you don't want to use the adjacent drawer.  Just a thought.  

I use the desk on S class to hold all my stuff and do makeup and hair, but I never sit at it. I have also used the full length mirror by the bathroom and sat on the floor to do my makeup, but I always had an area to "house" my hair stuff and makeup. I know doing makeup on the floor won't work for everyone though, lol, but I may just do that and leave the desk partly out to hold my stuff. That extra chair will probably annoy me though.

On 10/16/2018 at 8:40 AM, hcat said:

Pics look great .,thanks for posting.... Truly missed the EDGE Boards and loyal  EDGE fans during the Cruise Critic changeover.

...new website not an improvement so far, ...but we'll adjust and get through it.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:40 AM, vtcruising said:

Wow, will have to get used to this. I am happy with my blue V as my icon - my favorite color!  :classic_smile:

I AM happy to be back! I missed you guys!!

Some beautiful pictures:

Shows new lights on the port side (under the walkway) - nice

image.thumb.png.4f9252332bb6519f28061d875626cb53.png

image.thumb.png.d712f12077bd24991a19bc678b058d76.png

image.thumb.png.b0b28f981bb699323e612df5294f86db.png

8 minutes ago, CruisingTheWaves said:

I use the desk on S class to hold all my stuff and do makeup and hair, but I never sit at it. I have also used the full length mirror by the bathroom and sat on the floor to do my makeup, but I always had an area to "house" my hair stuff and makeup. I know doing makeup on the floor won't work for everyone though, lol, but I may just do that and leave the desk partly out to hold my stuff. That extra chair will probably annoy me though.

I am a ocd with things lying around.  I actually put everything in draws or cabinets.  I like the cube idea. I can cover it or put in the closet.  Too old to sit on floor to do makeup!  Lol. Our edge cruise (#1) we are in an infinite veranda.  We will be in a sky suite the second time we sail on the ship so perhaps the makeup area will work out better for me!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, Mcampo! Those are the deluxe oceanview with veranda. I've wondered what they looked like (we had one booked initially for the United Way cruise, but then upgraded). I was worried they would be dark, but they look great!

Here are some of the aft ones from the outside.

image.png.f040b8b9bbe51124f4a1da530e99e86b.png

Thanks for posting...The view is awesome from these staterooms.  But overall the furnishings are not what I am expecting for the high prices...they have covers on the bed and couch but does not look at all  like Modern Luxury to me! Hope they are nicer in person...

PS  Can someone pls  explain the boxed comments some in foreign languages... I think they are distracting! I think I just figured out they are instagram posts, I think???

Edited by hcat
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mcampo said:

I agree. It’s time for another reveal. Retail or something. The information actually coming from x continues to be limited. 

The retail space has been revealed, it's now on the Celebrity Edge website.

We stow away everything...except our snacks and drink tray...We keep most of the bathroom stuff and cosmetics in see thru cases etc..Also bought a small hanging storage with clear pockets.,

But I use the desk for hair and makeup...or writing.

We do hope there are hooks for hats, binoculars etc,,,

We'll make the storage work...no choice.

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for posting...The view is awesome from these staterooms.  But overall the furnishings are not what I am expecting for the high prices...they have covers on the bed and couch but does not look at all  like Modern Luxury to me! Hope they are nicer in person...

PS  Can someone pls  explain the boxed comments some in foreign languages... I think they are distracting! I think I just figured out they are instagram posts, I think???

I think staff must be using the cabin temporarily,  hence the older coverings and foreign post. It will be all spiffed up with new fabrics when the cabin is used by paying guests. :classic_smile:

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for posting...The view is awesome from these staterooms.  But overall the furnishings are not what I am expecting for the high prices...they have covers on the bed and couch but does not look ay all  like Modern Luxury to me! Hope they are nicer in person...

PS  Can someone pls  explain the boxed comments some in foreign languages... I think they are distracting!

Those covers on the bed and couch are not the ones passengers will have. A number of cabins are being used by the crew ( my SIL is one of them). The cabins will continue to be used by shipyard workers travelling to Freeport as there won't be enough crew cabins once the ship's complement is complete tomorrow.

Peter

6 hours ago, Silkroad said:

You can find the threads you follow (subscribed threads) by clicking on your CC name in the upper right corner, next to the notification bell icon (I’m on an iPad, which must be in horizontal orientation for me to see my screen name & the notification bell). Select “Manage Followed Content”, and you’ll see the threads you follow, including roll calls. There may be a different way, but this is the only one I’ve found. Hope this helps😊

Thank you I was able to find it using your method.

4 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

Oh well, I will be on Edge in 45 days. Roughly very  exactly in 45 days, that is quite exactly 1080 hours  :classic_love:

You sound like a bigger Edge fan than me - I haven't counted how many hours I will be on her. Okay, now I have to do that! :classic_rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I believe VT will board that ship on time even if she’s issued a hard hat and tool belt with which to finish bolting her cabin together🤣 My money’s on VT!

Yes, I will be on that ship in 38 days (a little more than 5 weeks) and I will be packing a hard hat and a tool belt with my measuring tape, just in case.  :classic_tongue:  🔨

Edited by vtcruising

Just now, vtcruising said:

Yes, I will be on that ship in 38 days (a little more than 5 weeks) and I will be packing a hard hat and tool belt, just in case.  :classic_tongue:  🔨

Dang!! If only I could have found someone foolish enough to take my bet. I might have made enough to join you on the pre-inaugural cruise😂

I wish. Sometimes that pesky need for continued employment gets in the way 😝 I’ll be cruising vicariously through you😁 Remember to stow the tape measure at regular intervals to allow yourself plenty of time to investigate dining and beverage venues🤗