Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I work in a shipyard... not civilian..... a "christening" happens when it goes in the water. ..... Later, much later is the "commissioning" . That is when it is finished.

That depends on the shipyard. Especially the Italians do have various ceremonies in the ship yard including the christening when the ship first gets water under the keel (float out). Here in Germany (Meyer) there´s no ceremony for that part of the construction.

It may be more correct to call it "naming ceremony".

steamboats

55 days to go for me.

Although I am kinda afraid that those 4 days will be extremely busy on the ship, excitement slowly goes up the hill :cool:

So true! I know that our 3 mini cruises in Nov-Dec will fly by so quickly because we will be so busy. It is hard to think that CC will be off for posting for a few days (and then maybe some transitional days) just as our excitement is building!

That depends on the shipyard. Especially the Italians do have various ceremonies in the ship yard including the christening when the ship first gets water under the keel (float out). Here in Germany (Meyer) there´s no ceremony for that part of the construction.

It may be more correct to call it "naming ceremony".

steamboats

This reminds me of the old Phil Donahue show in the early 80s. The first Trident submarine. the Ohio was "Christened". Good ol' Phil made a big deal about after it went in the water and the crowds left it would still stay there for another year or so.. He acted like he discovered a big scam. All the Christening meant was it was able to float so they would move it to a dock so they could start a new sub. BTW, the Tridents were the first class of subs to be built "land level"... no ways to slide down.. The boat was actually floating when people walked in to see the christening.

Wow, will have to get used to this. I am happy with my blue V as my icon - my favorite color!  :classic_smile:

I AM happy to be back! I missed you guys!!

Some beautiful pictures:

Shows new lights on the port side (under the walkway) - nice

image.thumb.png.4f9252332bb6519f28061d875626cb53.png

image.thumb.png.d712f12077bd24991a19bc678b058d76.png

image.thumb.png.b0b28f981bb699323e612df5294f86db.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

:classic_biggrin:VT we’ve missed you too! Gorgeous photos! Thanks!

Bo started a thread for the Edgelings (love his term!) in the Floataway Lounge, in hopes that we regulars would find it, but not many did.

Wow! Just noticed that my signature now takes way too much space. Need to fix this:classic_blink:

Edited by Silkroad

Just now, Silkroad said:

:classic_biggrin:VT we’ve missed you too! Gorgeous photos! Thanks!

Bo started a thread for the Edgelings (love his term!) in the Floataway Lounge, in hopes that we regulars would find it, but not many did.

Oh, I missed that - I checked the Floataway a few times in the beginning and didn't see anything from you guys so gave up. It has been very sad, but luckily I've had to work almost every day so focused on that and on planning my first cruises (leaving in 38 days!!!!!!!!).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Wow, will have to get used to this. I am happy with my blue V as my icon - my favorite color!  :classic_smile:

I AM happy to be back! I missed you guys!!

Some beautiful pictures:

Shows new lights on the port side (under the walkway) - nice

image.thumb.png.4f9252332bb6519f28061d875626cb53.png

image.thumb.png.d712f12077bd24991a19bc678b058d76.png

image.thumb.png.b0b28f981bb699323e612df5294f86db.png

Pics look great .,thanks for posting.... Truly missed the EDGE Boards and loyal  EDGE fans during the Cruise Critic changeover.

...new website not an improvement so far, ...but we'll adjust and get through it.

• Like 1

OMG this is different and it will take awhile to get used to.

Great pics Marilyn.

Opps, just saw a programming bug.  The first letter in a new paragraph isn’t capitalized.  Wonder how they missed that.

Edited by Oville

2 hours ago, Oville said:

OMG this is different and it will take awhile to get used to.

Great pics Marilyn.

Opps, just saw a programming bug.  The first letter in a new paragraph isn’t capitalized.  Wonder how they missed that.

It is one big bug. IMHO...no post counts for me,  can'tt get to roll calls..must have crashed,  very long to load,  absurd spacing for cruise histories ...guess I'll post my issues where they ask for feedback and hope for improvement..

• Like 1