Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Thanks, Lloyd! It is cool that they can dock two tenders at once. Should make for very easy tendering process in ports such as Grand Cayman, if the port allows X to use their own tenders.

Once again, you have brightened our days with your updates and photo sharing. Please send thanks to Christophe Dedieu, also, for his wonderful photos.

Yes many thanks indeed.

Magic Carpet tender testing.

f064f64c07fc341d1a5fccea8f3ea185.jpg

Looking again at this photo, the Tender that is already in the water is from the Port side of the ship. The second tender shown in Lloyd's recent two Tender photos is from the Starboard side, and you can see it in this above photo getting ready to be lowered into the water.

Magic Carpet tender testing.

7eb3116673ea63002e5bbf06bf179029.jpg

f064f64c07fc341d1a5fccea8f3ea185.jpg

b1465b3f92cb880fae9343a395c4a14c.jpg

FB video recorded with my phone off laptop. I used to be able to convert a FB video to an MP4 on my old laptop, but can't do with new one. Need to figure out why! [emoji54]

Valentina was onboard the tender. Lovely leather seats.

The Edge had to be moved from one side of the dock to the other so the MC was water side. Then it was moved back again.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. The ship leaves for its TA on 6 November but goes to Freeport (Bahamas) first for 4 days.

There are currently about 300 crew living on board now and on 18 October all the crew will be on.

Food is excellent in the crew mess because there are no passengers to cook for 😂 There's also no alcohol on board 👎

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. The ship leaves for its TA on 6 November but goes to Freeport (Bahamas) first for 4 days.

There are currently about 300 crew living on board now and on 18 October all the crew will be on.

Food is excellent in the crew mess because there are no passengers to cook for There's also no alcohol on board

That’s interesting, and news to me:) No alcohol? It’s a shame the crew cannot have a glass of wine or a pint with their excellent food! I imagine F&B hasn’t yet fully stocked the ship. I thank you, and Valentina, very much indeed for these news updates:D

Food is excellent in the crew mess because there are no passengers to cook for There's also no alcohol on board

Thanks, Esprit! Do you know where the Edge goes between Oct 31 and Nov 6? I had read in one press release that she needed to leave her berth in Saint Nazaire on the 31st. Maybe they meant that she leaves her construction area and is docked somewhere else in the shipyard? Is the Bahamas stop a time for a bit of R+R for the crew? I imagine they will want to test out docking her there since the two preview cruises are going there. I am so happy that I have Nov 6th and the following few days off to follow her progress. Do you know what date she will be in FLL, if you can say? I'm guessing around the 16th-17th? I will be on her about a week later!!

It is very cool to live vicariously through Valentina. I can't wait to hear about her life on the Edge and I really hope I get to meet her (otherwise I will have to eat her chocolates). :D

This is what we have so far:

enhance

Thanks for the update, so we don't all have to search on the other thread for the info. Just so we are clear here, is the Valentina who is listed as the Assistant Cruise Director the same Valentina that Esprit keeps referring to? Maybe this was mentioned before, but I missed it, and I am sorry if I am repeating things everyone else knows already. As I said before, I am an old person. (I use that reason/excuse when I need to, of course. ;))

Thanks again! Can't wait for your in-person, up-front-and-personal reports! You must be SOOO excited by now!

~Barbara~

Thanks for the update, so we don't all have to search on the other thread for the info. Just so we are clear here, is the Valentina who is listed as the Assistant Cruise Director the same Valentina that Esprit keeps referring to? Maybe this was mentioned before, but I missed it, and I am sorry if I am repeating things everyone else knows already. As I said before, I am an old person. (I use that reason/excuse when I need to, of course. ;))

Thanks again! Can't wait for your in-person, up-front-and-personal reports! You must be SOOO excited by now!

~Barbara~

Yes, Esprit's daughter, Valentina, is onboard the Edge right now and will be working with Maarten. It must be so exciting! I have to wait 7 more weeks from today....

Food is excellent in the crew mess because there are no passengers to cook for 😂 There's also no alcohol on board 👎

There is a dry dock in the Bahamas where some X ships have gone for refurbishment or repairs. The Edge will probably receive her finishing touches there.

Thanks, Esprit! Do you know where the Edge goes between Oct 31 and Nov 6? I had read in one press release that she needed to leave her berth in Saint Nazaire on the 31st. Maybe they meant that she leaves her construction area and is docked somewhere else in the shipyard? Is the Bahamas stop a time for a bit of R+R for the crew? I imagine they will want to test out docking her there since the two preview cruises are going there. I am so happy that I have Nov 6th and the following few days off to follow her progress. Do you know what date she will be in FLL, if you can say? I'm guessing around the 16th-17th? I will be on her about a week later!!

It is very cool to live vicariously through Valentina. I can't wait to hear about her life on the Edge and I really hope I get to meet her (otherwise I will have to eat her chocolates). :D

Maybe they are moving her on the 31st for the delivery ceremony? All that pomp and circumstance needs a really fancy location, you know. ;) And, do we know for sure that the naming ceremony will be at the same time, or a different date, time, and/or place? So many unanswered questions! I cannot wait to hear when they expect her to arrive at her new home in Port Everglades, the new and exceptional Terminal 25! I want so much to drive over there to witness THAT arrival! Should be amazing! (The temptation is great, believe me.)

Hi vtcruising

I'll try to find out what is happening prior to the TA. Information seems to change from day to day.

As for the 4 days in Freeport she said it's for final tweaking and polish up for its Ft Lauderdale grand entrance. She mentioned something about a requirement before entering US waters but no idea what that means! I'll ask my SIL as he's on board with her. He's an AV engineer so more tech savvy.

Peter

Btw she laughed when I said someone may present her with chocolate strawberry creams! Can I tell her your first name?

Thanks, Esprit! Do you know where the Edge goes between Oct 31 and Nov 6? I had read in one press release that she needed to leave her berth in Saint Nazaire on the 31st. Maybe they meant that she leaves her construction area and is docked somewhere else in the shipyard? Is the Bahamas stop a time for a bit of R+R for the crew? I imagine they will want to test out docking her there since the two preview cruises are going there. I am so happy that I have Nov 6th and the following few days off to follow her progress. Do you know what date she will be in FLL... :D

It usually takes 7 days to cross the Atlantic on a TA, so Oct. 31 to Nov. 6 makes sense. They won't be going “full steam ahead”. 😉

I don’t think the Edge will arrive in FLL too many days before her first sailing. X has to pay docking fees which are expensive, so without paying passengers to cover the charges Imo they will not be there too many days before her first sailing.

(Thank goodness I won’t be tempted to eat her chocolates. Strawberry isn’t my favorite. Now if they were chocolate covered Maple filled, that’s a different story...) 😁

Edited by C-Dragons

Maybe they are moving her on the 31st for the delivery ceremony? All that pomp and circumstance needs a really fancy location, you know. ;) And, do we know for sure that the naming ceremony will be at the same time, or a different date, time, and/or place? So many unanswered questions! I cannot wait to hear when they expect her to arrive at her new home in Port Everglades, the new and exceptional Terminal 25! I want so much to drive over there to witness THAT arrival! Should be amazing! (The temptation is great, believe me.)

One TA reported that the naming ceremony would be Dec 4th and that Malala would be there.:D I will be debarking that day so may hide out somewhere so that I can watch. ;)

Edited by vtcruising

Hi vtcruising

I'll try to find out what is happening prior to the TA. Information seems to change from day to day.

As for the 4 days in Freeport she said it's for final tweaking and polish up for its Ft Lauderdale grand entrance. She mentioned something about a requirement before entering US waters but no idea what that means! I'll ask my SIL as he's on board with her. He's an AV engineer so more tech savvy.

Peter

Btw she laughed when I said someone may present her with chocolate strawberry creams! Can I tell her your first name?

Marilyn, the crazy lady from VT. :D And BTW, I could only order the variety pack in that brand, so she can share the ones she doesn't like. ;)

One TA reported that the naming ceremony would be Dec 4th and that Malala would be there.:D I will be debarking that day so may hide out somewhere so that I can watch. ;)

The ceremony will probably be held in the theater, as has been done in the past, to accommodate all the VIP's and invited guests. 😊

Marilyn, the crazy lady from VT. :D And BTW, I could only order the variety pack in that brand, so she can share the ones she doesn't like. ;)

😂I can't seriously believe Marilyn you actually managed to order Quality Street chocolates.

I'm impressed and dislike those strawberry creams too!

Peter

PS maybe when we get the CC forum upgrade I'll be able to upload her pictures 🤞

btw v - do these chocolates have a vegan counterpart available? LOL

bon voyage