Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

For all those that want to be here when Edge arrives but can't, here are two links for webcams at Port Everglades. I'm quite certain that they are always monitored as I have seen them adjusted to benefit the viewer as cruise ships enter and depart the port.

Mark

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

How can you have a "christening" in a theater? Messy. :D

The Godmother of the ship stands in the theater and cuts a ribbon which supposedly winds it's way through the ship to the outside. Then a huge bottle of champagne swings and smashes into the side of the funnel (I think) on the top of the ship. The audience in the theater watches the event on the large screen in the theater. No mess, lol.

X has done this for the christenings of the Equinox in Southampton, the Silhouette in Germany and the Reflection in Miami

Edited by C-Dragons

How can you have a "christening" in a theater? Messy. :D

When the Solstice was christened, the godmother cut the ribbon in the theater that supposedly held the champagne bottle. Then they showed the bottle crashing into the ship on the screen. It was nicely done.

OOOOOH, NOOOOO! Not that new X funnel!!!! No glass on deck, please! Then again, not her new, beautiful bow, either.

On another note, I see that Port Everglades is now listing Terminal 25 as being used starting October 24, for the Infinity. Also on October 28, November 1 and November 5. There is no information at all shown for after November 5 for Terminal 25. So, the really interesting part is that it will be in use starting in 2-1/2 weeks! Should given them plenty of time to work out any "kinks" so to speak. They should be ready and waiting for Edge's arrival.

For all those that want to be here when Edge arrives but can't, here are two links for webcams at Port Everglades. I'm quite certain that they are always monitored as I have seen them adjusted to benefit the viewer as cruise ships enter and depart the port.

Mark

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

Thanks!! :D

The Godmother of the ship stands in the theater and cuts a ribbon which supposedly winds it's way through the ship to the outside. Then a huge bottle of champagne swings and smashes into the side of the funnel (I think) on the top of the ship. The audience in the theater watches the event on the large screen in the theater. No mess, lol.

X has done this for the christenings of the Equinox in Southampton, the Silhouette in Germany and the Reflection in Miami

Wow. Now I've heard it all..... another X virtual event...sounds.like Le Petit Chef for cruise christening! I had no idea it was done like that these days,,,

Hope we are not getting a virtual cruise for the high fares!

I am surprised it is being done in the US,..did not think Malala would travel so far, It will be a big event!

Edited by hcat

Wow. Now I've heard it all..... another X virtual event...sounds.like Le Petit Chef for cruise christening! I had no idea it was done like that these days,,,

Hope we are not gettung a virtual cruise for the high fares!

I am surprised it is being done in the US,..did not think Malala would travel so far, It will be a big event!

It would be cool to see her. I've never seen a Nobel prize winner in person. :D

Maybe Valentina can hide me back stage in the theater (as long as it isn't on a trapeze). ;)

OOOOOH, NOOOOO! Not that new X funnel!!!! No glass on deck, please! Then again, not her new, beautiful bow, either.

On another note, I see that Port Everglades is now listing Terminal 25 as being used starting October 24, for the Infinity. Also on October 28, November 1 and November 5. There is no information at all shown for after November 5 for Terminal 25. So, the really interesting part is that it will be in use starting in 2-1/2 weeks! Should given them plenty of time to work out any "kinks" so to speak. They should be ready and waiting for Edge's arrival.

Only 64 days from today until we will be walking through the new terminal and onto the EDGE.

Can’t wait, counting down the days now‼️

��I can't seriously believe Marilyn you actually managed to order Quality Street chocolates.

I'm impressed and dislike those strawberry creams too!

Peter

PS maybe when we get the CC forum upgrade I'll be able to upload her pictures ��

Hope these are the right ones? "Original Classic Quality Street Assortment Imported From The UK England Brings Home Everyone's Favorites."

That would be great if you can upload some of her pictures. She must be having a wonderful time!

Edited by vtcruising

We will be waiting for you to board and to come join the exploration of Edge! We get on in 60 days but will be staying aboard for 10 days! We to are very excited for our B2B and all the new and exciting things this ship will have to offer! I honestly don’t know what I am going to do first but I am thinking it’s finding the VW in the retreat! Should it actually be there!

Only 64 days from today until we will be walking through the new terminal and onto the EDGE.

Can’t wait, counting down the days now‼️

Valentina was onboard the tender. Lovely leather seats.

The Edge had to be moved from one side of the dock to the other so the MC was water side. Then it was moved back again.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. The ship leaves for its TA on 6 November but goes to Freeport (Bahamas) first for 4 days.

There are currently about 300 crew living on board now and on 18 October all the crew will be on.

Food is excellent in the crew mess because there are no passengers to cook for 😂 There's also no alcohol on board 👎

Pete - Thank you and please send our thanks to Valentina for the updates she is able to share. I'm sure she is very excited and I know you are very proud of her.

I look forward to meeting you on the 12/16 sailing and hopefully meet Valentina too.

Agree, and they also take up much of the sitting space on that side.

Between those cabanas and the big orange thing looming in the back ground,, I think that side of the pool deck is a no go for me...

Hope to get loungers on the opp side that can be turned to face the sea. On our outdoor pool visits we go out very early with coffee and a bagel......enjoy the quiet and a nice swim, and leave before the masses and the music! Hope that strategy will work on Edge!