Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Originally posted by marylander2
Since no ladies/gents changing rooms are shown, I assume they should be there, in that void. Plus staff room, storage etc. (They should have an ample storage for those spare dumbbells, you know
clear.png?emoji-smile-1742
)

vtcruising -Very true! :D

The changing rooms ARE near that area, but on Deck 14 in the diagrams. I guess they feel that if you are athletic and/or energetic to work out in the gym, you might as well start with a climb up that circular stairway!

Nice pics! At first glance I thought it was the Bridge, before all the equipment was installed. I agree it’s probably the gym. I love a gym with a great view, but even better would be a forward facing observation lounge. I might be missing that on EDGE.

Maybe they can hold the Elite Cocktail event every night in the gym since it has the same view as the forward observation lounge on other ships. Having a complimentary drink and pretending to exercise would be good for me!

I hope not, because I think she’s more elegant without it (ditto for the white/orange wave at the base of the MC). Her name is already painted on her hull, and with her unique design and refined, distinctive funnel, she needs no additional advertisement.

While I agree about that white/orange wave thing, I don't think that her name on the funnel is a detraction/distraction at all. Plus, I don't really think that they changed the name "Beyond" to get a shorter one, because it looks as if it would have fit just fine. That is only 2 more letters than Edge, and there is plenty of room for them. (Don't get me started on losing Beyond, as I am not sure I can ever be as fond of Apex as I am of Beyond. It was just so apropos.) As far as needing no additional advertisement of her name, you are right, for now. However, when Apex and numbers 3 and 4 come along, there will possibly be no radical distinguishing features to set them apart from afar, other than the name.

I really liked this new addition when I first saw that new photo. It was just so plain before, and many ships have their names high up and lighted. It seems to fit well, especially since you need to have prior knowledge or a good imagination to figure out that the stack shape is the X we all love, since you really can't see it from the side.

As in all our other musings, time will tell.

Bon Voyage, Everyone!

I remember when the CELEBRITY SOLSTICE came out. It was a big mystery what was going to be on her funnel. Since there was a big "X" incorporated into the balconies on one of the bump-outs, there wasn't going to be an X on the funnels. Then one was added last minute, but only to the forward funnel. Speculation was an X would be added to the aft funnel as well, but that never happened. To this day, the X on the funnel of SOLSTICE is different than all the others in her class. It's more plain, and little smaller, and doesn't hug the funnel like on her subsequent sisters. It's because it was a last minute addition.

As for EDGE appearing on the funnel of EDGE, I can probably take it or leave it, but given the choice I would probably prefer it without it. It's such a distinct funnel I don't think it needs anything else. So clever how they actually made the funnel a giant X. I read that Royal Caribbean recent patented a funnel in the shape of their Crown & Anchor, so perhaps this is something we will see on the new Icon Class under development.

The changing rooms ARE near that area, but on Deck 14 in the diagrams. I guess they feel that if you are athletic and/or energetic to work out in the gym, you might as well start with a climb up that circular stairway!

True!

Then for sure dumbbells storage :D

Maybe they can hold the Elite Cocktail event every night in the gym since it has the same view as the forward observation lounge on other ships. Having a complimentary drink and pretending to exercise would be good for me!

:D:D:D I will miss the forward observation lounge for drinks too.

Great idea, Rick! That's my kind of exercise. 😉

Lift he glass to the mouth and repeat as necessary. 😁

I saw that too last week. I wasn't sure if they were really going to put Edge on the funnel or if it that picture was just for advertising. I liked it when I first saw it, but looking at it again today, I feel that it sort of detracts from the beautiful funnel. I'm sure I'll get used to it, if it ends up being a reality. :D

I kinda like it although I'm not sure I like the bow of the ship....just looks blah...like some one cut off its nose.

Charles

No cigar bar on Edge - but likely there will be at least one designated smoking area hopefully away from everything that allows cigars. The last ships I cruised with actual indoor cigar lounges was the RCCL Freedom class. But all of those lounges are being eliminated on refurbishment. No issue here with me!

Is there a cigar bar??? Do tell.

No, but as mentioned there,,'s an outdoor area where smoking is allowed. On some ships a casual cigar night is organized outdoors aft..cigars and drinks..

I hate smoke but dh enjoys his cigars so I am glad he has a little space to smoke.

Lloyd555, we need an updated night picture of The Edge. Taken in the passed 24 hours.

Good Luck Lloyd555.

I don't know when taken, but posted in the past 24 hours...

And not all night shots.

Photo by Philippe Descouts

ffc59755f07e6d98e8c82338d6470c1c.jpg

Photo by Valy. L Photography

a4445b235cd4bbae28ec22d2d82016fb.jpg

Photos by Pierre Herz

e896167280d3465bd523e0c977b91e3c.jpg

cb2443108745bdafb85afba67e991fea.jpg

e89aa7664308436092e0d42c44174fae.jpg

6c774af8569177fe5a21681879230ac1.jpg

First Thanks Lloyd for those photos. They are all awesome IMHO.

Actual Pictures of The Edge are worth their weight in gold..

I am looking for the name EDGE on the funnel at night as in posted # 4121, 4123.& 4225.

Edited by cruise47