Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Don't know if this photo has already been posted.

28b75da5fe24445fbe6e8149506430b4.jpg

Yay! That's great - that TA was just clumsy, as I suspected, and didn't try hard enough to open the door. ;) That's a lot of great storage - I already know what I would place there. :D

Thanks for solving that mystery! Now, can your buddies find a thalassotherapy pool hiding anywhere (within a grotto)? ;)

Just a comment about the Disney bathroom - those are ones in the Nightclub complex so generally only adults using them. We have done over 16 DCL cruises, on all 4 ships, as two adults. We loved our cruises, have so many happy memories but they have priced themselves out for us. The last 15 cruises were booked onboard, every October, and we tended to spend a lot in the adult restaurants. You would have thought somebody may have noticed we didn't rebook but nothing. Benefits were reducing and the quality wasn't any more than Celebrity - although we will miss Castaway Cay - so we have taken our money elsewhere!

Wendy

Just a comment about the Disney bathroom - those are ones in the Nightclub complex so generally only adults using them. We have done over 16 DCL cruises, on all 4 ships, as two adults. We loved our cruises, have so many happy memories but they have priced themselves out for us. The last 15 cruises were booked onboard, every October, and we tended to spend a lot in the adult restaurants. You would have thought somebody may have noticed we didn't rebook but nothing. Benefits were reducing and the quality wasn't any more than Celebrity - although we will miss Castaway Cay - so we have taken our money elsewhere!

Wendy

Your story is the same at pretty much every cruise line. They are all evolving and changing, and people get fed up with "their" cruise line and move on. I've read pretty much the same story as yours from plenty of former loyalists at Celebrity, Princess, Carnival, NCL, Royal Caribbean, etc etc. Nothing it seems is ever as good as it used to be. Anyway it's good to branch out and see what else is out there. Variety is the spice of life!

Great photos of the Edge and the now back to all orange Magic Carpet.

1f600.png

Thanks for the pics! I'm surprised they still haven't unwrapped those tenders/lifeboats. I don't recall any new ship where they have remained wrapped this long into the build process.

Looks very nice, and yes darker than the rest of the ship. A nice contrast.

I know the restrooms you're talking about on the S-Class as the Ensemble Lounge is a favorite. I don't remember the sayings though. I wonder if all the ships of the class have them, as I haven't sailed on REFLECTION yet? It's nice that designers are even taking smaller spaces like public restrooms and foyers/corridors into account these days.

Every public restroom on S class ships in men's section has these stainless steel plates with eternal wisdom sayings by the greats. I like them a lot. Beats many of the loos in Maryland bars, btw.

(Ladies, I am not going to the public restrooms to get a word of wisdom, trust me. But it is a nice thing to have - regardless of the purpose of your visit...)

Great photos of the Edge and the now back to all orange Magic Carpet.

1f600.png

909de44f671b32851d75d2b3c273e56f.jpg

Lloyd - Thank for the photo updates. I wonder why they had the MC painted white for a brief period. Was it to test the view from near and afar, or something completely unknown to us at this time? Either way, she still looks great.

Yay! That's great - that TA was just clumsy, as I suspected, and didn't try hard enough to open the door. ;) That's a lot of great storage - I already know what I would place there. :D

Thanks for solving that mystery! Now, can your buddies find a thalassotherapy pool hiding anywhere (within a grotto)? ;)

Personally, I don’t think the TA was clumsy. Since there’s no handle he probably needed to push the cabinet door in to release it, not pull on it. 😉

Lloyd - Thank for the photo updates. I wonder why they had the MC painted white for a brief period. Was it to test the view from near and afar, or something completely unknown to us at this time? Either way, she still looks great.

They were probably doing touch ups to the paint on the MC. The White was primer.

Thanks for the pics! I'm surprised they still haven't unwrapped those tenders/lifeboats. I don't recall any new ship where they have remained wrapped this long into the build process.

May be there is still some work to be done around or above where those tenders/lifeboats are located. I imagine they will have to be unwrapped on or before delivery and definitely before her first sailing/TA. Isn't it a maritime requirement or law that the lifeboats on passenger vessels have to ready and able with crew or passengers on board?

Every public restroom on S class ships in men's section has these stainless steel plates with eternal wisdom sayings by the greats. I like them a lot. Beats many of the loos in Maryland bars, btw.

(Ladies, I am not going to the public restrooms to get a word of wisdom, trust me. But it is a nice thing to have - regardless of the purpose of your visit...)

We don' t face the same way ..but if it makes you happy and wiser...that's nice.

X restrooms do have nice touches, are kept very clean and I am sure on EDGE they will be stunning and functional!

Your story is the same at pretty much every cruise line. They are all evolving and changing, and people get fed up with "their" cruise line and move on. I've read pretty much the same story as yours from plenty of former loyalists at Celebrity, Princess, Carnival, NCL, Royal Caribbean, etc etc. Nothing it seems is ever as good as it used to be. Anyway it's good to branch out and see what else is out there. Variety is the spice of life!

I think Celebrity had a very loyal following until the last few yrs...many regulars have moved on or back to other lines.

I think EDGE will bring a second migration or influx of passengers from other lines...it offers so much!

The first big influx was the Celebrity drink perks..folks came from all over....esp Royal C because of reciprocal loyalty benefits.

EDGE seems to be drawing many first time X cruisers...hope they enjoy X as much as we do...even with some negs recently.

Personally, I don’t think the TA was clumsy. Since there’s no handle he probably needed to push the cabinet door in to release it, not pull on it. 😉

Clumsy probably wasn't the right word. I'm sure he just didn't want to look silly, if it happened again on the other side. I just know if it were me, I would have tried the other side at least, but I probably won't have a video camera on me when I try everything out. :D

I think Celebrity had a very loyal following until the last few yrs...many regulars have moved on or back to other lines.

I think EDGE will bring a second migration or influx of passengers from other lines...it offers so much!

The first big influx was the Celebrity drink perks..folks came from all over....esp Royal C because of reciprocal loyalty benefits.

EDGE seems to be drawing many first time X cruisers...hope they enjoy X as much as we do...even with some negs recently.

What you say makes a lot of sense. I've been sailing Celebrity a long time. Well before Royal Caribbean took over and even with Chandris before Celebrity came into existence. There was a mass exodus when Royal Caribbean took over, then some smaller migrations here and there as the line changed and evolved. Honestly it's the same story at every cruise line though. Nothing unique to Celebrity. Many migrated to Celebrity from lines like HAL and Princess because they became frustrated, and vice versa. Sometimes the exodus is warranted, but sometimes I think people just get too used to something, and when it's not quite the same they feel the line has degraded. That is not always the case. Then they move to another line and the same thing will likely eventually happen there. There are always going to be changes, some good and some not so good. I don't write off any line just because of a bad experience. I realize they all go through cycles. Sometimes I give them a break for a couple years then return. That is how I've been with HAL. I was not very pleased with my last few cruises on them for various reasons, so it was time to give them a rest. Now I'm ready to see how they have changed and evolved, and hopefully I'll book on NIEUW STATENDAM in early 2019. Maybe right before or after my EDGE cruise. It will be interesting to compare the newest ships of these closely competing lines. I've always preferred Celebrity (more my style), but its been interesting watching HAL try to attract a younger clientele and honestly become more like Celebrity with their latest newbuilds (more modern, less formality).

EDGE is really going to take Celebrity to their next evolution. We will see the older ships receive Edge refurbishments as well. Some of it won't sit well with Celebrity regulars because things are going to change. For me, what I'm seeing with EDGE and a renewed emphasis on cuisine and the dining experience. This is really what put Celebrity on the map to begin with. Truly exceptional cuisine. It took a dive bomb when Royal Caribbean took over, but I think it's been improving and with EDGE I know they want it to truly be a ship for foodies. I hope they put their money where their mouth is!

Clumsy probably wasn't the right word. I'm sure he just didn't want to look silly, if it happened again on the other side. I just know if it were me, I would have tried the other side at least, but I probably won't have a video camera on me when I try everything out. :D

Agree - give the poor bloke a break. The rest of his clip is really helpful :-)

I like the hidden shelf space --- good for me as I am quite short so no climbing on the bed to store things ;-)

Nice! Thanks Lloyd, and many thanks to the photographer also:D

I have just shown this photo to my 6ft 3 hubby, all excited that we had more storage space .......... his response "great, but not for long clothes then -- better not take my long trousers "

You can't please some people !!

I have just shown this photo to my 6ft 3 hubby, all excited that we had more storage space .......... his response "great, but not for long clothes then -- better not take my long trousers "

You can't please some people !!

Has he seen the closet? There appears to be space for long items on the right side, though some have said it’s insufficient. I’ll bet Vtcruising will let us know the width (and length) of the closet spaces during, or after, her Pre-Inaugeral cruise:)