Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I just hope the Edge doesn’t have a mosaic in the BR of a woman looking down on the toilet......especially if that’s in a men’s BR! I”ll take the Celebrity cloth handtowels as a bene and leave it at that. By the way, I’ll not be taking photos in any of the BR’s......just passing that on to those that may share one with me on a future cruise.

Den

Haha!

You would have a male looking down on you on the Fantasy. Sorry, it was not the Dream.0b70d2b52723d2a37a5d6c399b1bbebf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

hcat, I will measure the IV closets for everyone, but I draw the line at measuring the bathroom stalls. ;)

Yup... that would one or two steps too far!

Folks will fit or not fit...Not a big deal but it does look tight..

Edited by hcat

This is another of the bathrooms of the Disney Dream. All done with mosaic tiles. There were several similar ones. Stunning!

09ed6602bc7436f5639d0ad8e8349934.jpg

Sorry..I find it hideous. Hope that is a pvt bathroom.. Shocked that is on a disney ship..What happened to Minnie and Mickey?

Haha!

You would have a male looking down on you on the Fantasy. Sorry, it was not the Dream.0b70d2b52723d2a37a5d6c399b1bbebf.jpg

No way!

I am quickly becoming a fan of "greige"..

Back to EDGE!

Edited by hcat

Sorry..I find it hideous. Hope that is a pvt bathroom.. Shocked that is on a disney ship..What happened to Minnie and Mickey?

That is one bathroom, probably near the Royal Court dining room which is sort of a Cinderella Castle theme. It's very much Disney, and Disney goes way beyond Mickey & Minnie. If you have been inside Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom, it's very much decorated with ornate tile work just like that bathroom. All the bathrooms are different and themed to the various areas, as I have mentioned before. In fact one of the great things about DCL is that Mickey and Minnie are not always in your face. They may be there in subtle ways, even hidden. Finding "hidden Mickey's" around the ship is a fun pastime.

As a person that sails pretty much every cruise line, I can say without a doubt that Disney ships are some of the most beautiful and quality driven afloat. I always say they are wasted on the kids, because frankly they are too nice and the kids won't appreciate them.

I know - when I started thinking about taking pictures of bathrooms on the Edge to post on CC, I had visions of security dragging me away to the brig. ;)

I sure hope that security will not be stationed in public bathrooms on the EDGE. That would be awkward..! 😉 😁

On Disney they are all different depending on where they are on the ship. They are themed according to the venue they are adjacent to. Some are subdued and some are glitzy. Some are dark and some are bright. Even the music piped inside varies.

It’s this level of detail that makes Disney stand out in the crowd, and why DCL obtains the highest per diems in the contemporary cruise industry.

I got married on the Disney Dream and I don’t even like kids. There really wasn’t any other cruise line I would trust with my wedding. They did an exceptional job, and as expected the attention to detail was phenomenal. My event was an all adult affair and I could not have been more pleased with how everything was handled.

I totally disagree that DCL stands out in the crowd. They have raised the prices because people will pay more for the mouse without thinking what they are getting, imho not because they are any better. The ships are fine, but RCCL opened eyes to realize the grass is just as green on the other side of the fence. What I have seen so far of the edge, it will blow away the DCL ships:) Have also heard great things about Celebrity too, so can’t wait:)

I totally disagree that DCL stands out in the crowd. They have raised the prices because people will pay more for the mouse without thinking what they are getting, imho not because they are any better. The ships are fine, but RCCL opened eyes to realize the grass is just as green on the other side of the fence. What I have seen so far of the edge, it will blow away the DCL ships:) Have also heard great things about Celebrity too, so can’t wait:)

To each their own. I disagree. I don't think people blindly pay more just because it's Disney. There has to be substance behind it or the company will not survive, and Disney is more than surviving, they are thriving. I do feel the level of detail, the craftsmanship of their ships, the overall service, the cleanliness, and the entertainment are far superior to other contemporary lines. I realize not everyone will agree and that is fine. DCL ships are modern classics. They are modern but at the same time have many attributes of historic ocean liners, like wide promenade decks and two funnels. Even the interiors are very ocean liner like, with an art deco theme.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity offer a different product. Royal Caribbean is all about attractions. Some might even say gimmicks. That is not really Disney style although DCL ships have some gimmicks too. Celebrity is more refined. No gimmicks or very few of them, and more adult oriented. Entertainment has not been Celebrity's strong suit. It used to be cuisine but some will argue that has declined. I agree EDGE looks amazing. I can't wait to sail on her. Will it "blow away the DCL ships", well that remains to be seen. It's a different product with a different audience so I'm not really sure they can be compared apples to apples. It's also not fair to compare a brand new, prototype ship with another ship that is six years old. DCL's newest ship is now 6 years old. Disney is building 3 new ships and I'm sure they will give EDGE a run for its money. Meanwhile DCL continues to garner the highest per diems in the contemporary cruise industry, and I think it's for good reason. They could not continue to maintain those high levels without delivering something quite extraordinary. So while I do love DCL, I would not want to sail exclusively on them. For one I don't have kids or really even like them, and two it would get boring. I feel the same way about Celebrity or any other cruise line. I'm not loyal to any of them and enjoy sailing them all. I really try to embrace their differences and get the best out of each. None are perfect but they all offer something that is unique or special. Overall Celebrity is one of my favorite lines, but so is Disney and Cunard all for different reasons. I love Royal Caribbean too, and lines like Oceania and Azamara, and Silversea if I'm looking for an elevated experience. There is really something for everyone.

I think one thing we can agree on is that EDGE will be quite special and hopefully jaw dropping. Perfect? No. Really cool? I sure hope so!! I can't wait to sail on her!

Now if only we could find out if EDGE will have a t-pool and free sauna in the changing rooms! :)

To each their own. I disagree. I don't think people blindly pay more just because it's Disney. There has to be substance behind it or the company will not survive, and Disney is more than surviving, they are thriving. I do feel the level of detail, the craftsmanship of their ships, the overall service, the cleanliness, and the entertainment are far superior to other contemporary lines. I realize not everyone will agree and that is fine. DCL ships are modern classics. They are modern but at the same time have many attributes of historic ocean liners, like wide promenade decks and two funnels. Even the interiors are very ocean liner like, with an art deco theme.

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity offer a different product. Royal Caribbean is all about attractions. Some might even say gimmicks. That is not really Disney style although DCL ships have some gimmicks too. Celebrity is more refined. No gimmicks or very few of them, and more adult oriented. Entertainment has not been Celebrity's strong suit. It used to be cuisine but some will argue that has declined. I agree EDGE looks amazing. I can't wait to sail on her. Will it "blow away the DCL ships", well that remains to be seen. It's a different product with a different audience so I'm not really sure they can be compared apples to apples. It's also not fair to compare a brand new, prototype ship with another ship that is six years old. DCL's newest ship is now 6 years old. Disney is building 3 new ships and I'm sure they will give EDGE a run for its money. Meanwhile DCL continues to garner the highest per diems in the contemporary cruise industry, and I think it's for good reason. They could not continue to maintain those high levels without delivering something quite extraordinary. So while I do love DCL, I would not want to sail exclusively on them. For one I don't have kids or really even like them, and two it would get boring. I feel the same way about Celebrity or any other cruise line. I'm not loyal to any of them and enjoy sailing them all. I really try to embrace their differences and get the best out of each. None are perfect but they all offer something that is unique or special. Overall Celebrity is one of my favorite lines, but so is Disney and Cunard all for different reasons. I love Royal Caribbean too, and lines like Oceania and Azamara, and Silversea if I'm looking for an elevated experience. There is really something for everyone.

I think one thing we can agree on is that EDGE will be quite special and hopefully jaw dropping. Perfect? No. Really cool? I sure hope so!! I can't wait to sail on her!

Now if only we could find out if EDGE will have a t-pool and free sauna in the changing rooms! :)

Since this thread has many sidebars I will indulge in one and then let it get back on topic;)

DCL is a good product, but while they have raised their prices a lot the last 3 to 4 years they have taken away some stuff. We refused to pay substantially more for a lesser product that continued to go to the same itineraries.

As far as cleanliness and service, we have seen the same so far on RCCL. So agree to disagree, and from my time on Disboards this hits a nerve:)

So what is the T pool, if the edge had it? What makes it different?

Does Celebrity have nice shower facilities in the spa/fitness area for all to use? On Disney we did this because those showers were much larger and nicer than the ones in the room.

Really liking the lines of the edge, my wife felt it looked like an older cruise ship because the new veranda design which makes it look like it really doesn’t have verandas like all of the other newer ships.

The look of the Edge, with one side looking clean and quite very nice and then the side with the MC is just well different, reminds me of the DCL Magic when they added the water slide off one side of the ship, one side is nice and clean, while the other has the ugly but fun water slide sticking out.

When in port hoping it docks on both sides to get pictures by the ship with the two different sides:)

Since this thread has many sidebars I will indulge in one and then let it get back on topic;)

DCL is a good product, but while they have raised their prices a lot the last 3 to 4 years they have taken away some stuff. We refused to pay substantially more for a lesser product that continued to go to the same itineraries.

As far as cleanliness and service, we have seen the same so far on RCCL. So agree to disagree, and from my time on Disboards this hits a nerve:)

So what is the T pool, if the edge had it? What makes it different?

Does Celebrity have nice shower facilities in the spa/fitness area for all to use? On Disney we did this because those showers were much larger and nicer than the ones in the room.

Really liking the lines of the edge, my wife felt it looked like an older cruise ship because the new veranda design which makes it look like it really doesn’t have verandas like all of the other newer ships.

The look of the Edge, with one side looking clean and quite very nice and then the side with the MC is just well different, reminds me of the DCL Magic when they added the water slide off one side of the ship, one side is nice and clean, while the other has the ugly but fun water slide sticking out.

When in port hoping it docks on both sides to get pictures by the ship with the two different sides:)

Absolutely agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with that. Having a difference of opinions is what makes the world go around. If we all agreed on everything it would be a very boring place!

I still remember my first DCL cruise on the WONDER. We were blown away, in part because so many things were so different than lines I was used to, like Royal, NCL, Carnival, Princess, etc. It's those differences I loved, and the extra magic of Disney thrown in. Little things like announcing you as you embark the ship, and seeing Mickey Mouse walking around, or hearing the theme from Pirates of Caribbean playing in the corridor on Pirate night ... and bigger things like the fireworks and some of the shows which I felt were Broadway calibre. Toy Story was a real favorite. I also felt and still feel that Disney's Castaway Cay is the nicest private beach island, and I've been to them all. With several Disney cruises behind us I will admit it's not as special, mainly because we already know what to expect. Been there done that so to speak. I still love DCL though and I feel it's well worth a splurge every now an again, and I'm very much looking forward to their new ships.

The T-pool stands for Thalassotherapy Pool, or some lines call it a Spa Vitality Pool. Basically a pool usually located within the spa that is heated, uses purifying water of some sort, has lot of jets and bubbles, and often has metal racks on one end to lay down on with small bubbles rising up from inside the metal tubes you're lying on. I hope that makes sense.

Generally speaking Celebrity has nice spa facilities, but not all ships are created equal. The older M-Class ships have just an ok spa. The Thermal Suite (co-ed saunas/steam) that you pay extra for is interior and kind of dark and dingy. It's much much nicer on the newer S-Class ships where there is a wall of windows. I would say the spa on Disney Fantasy and Dream is probably nicer overall, but EDGE will likely have the best yet. We still don't know if there will be a T-Pool in the thermal suite area, and also if there will be free saunas in the mens and women's changing rooms like exist on current Celebrity ships (and on Disney Dream/Fantasy). The showers and changing rooms are nice, and again vary by the class of ship. I actually think they are nicer on the older M-Class ships, because of very large windows. How it will all be on EDGE remains to be seen. Part of the fun of a new prototype ship is trying to figure out everything and discover new things.

Here are the things we are most looking forward to on our upcoming cruises on the Edge:

1. The ship. Obviously we can’t wait to see all she has to offer.

2. The cabins. We are in an Infinite Veranda for the 2 day charity cruise in late November. Also we have and S1 aft in January and an AQ April.

3. The restaurants. Have absolutely no idea where we will eat on the two day but have booked 3 specialities on the January cruise and will be checking out Luminae. April we’ll be in Blu and will decide what other places we want to book based on our January cruise.

Clearly we are Celebrity fans and hoping these new adventures will be delightful.

Like you, my #1 is the ship itself. The layout, the decor, the huge pool, the Magic Carpet, the Destination Gateway, the tenders, the theater in the round, and the spa. Even the two level nightclub looks super cool. All those things that are going to be pretty unique with the ship.

I’m with you on #2 as well. The IV cabin. I think it’s going to be really cool. The bathrooms look fantastic too.

For me #3 is the technology. I’m a bit of a techie and I’m looking forward to all the new tech features on EDGE. All the cool things I’ll be able to do from my smartphone and the new Celebrity app, to the high tech terminal and check-in process, to all the controls in the cabin for lighting, a/c, window operation, shade, etc. All super cool to me! Even the interactive TV.

Then of course the food! I’m curious what MDR we will be assigned to, and how Celebrity is determining it. We will of course try out specialty restaurants as well. Celebrity used to be known for their cuisine. Then they sort of lost focus on fine dining. Now with EDGE I’m seeing a new emphasis on cuisine, and I get the feeling they really want this to be a ship for foodies. That is exciting.

I’m a big Celebrity fan as well and can’t wait to experience it all!

Lovely photos - looks like a ship slowly waking up. Love the lights all over the ship: the deck 14 ceiling lights, the rooftop garden lights (seen better when blown up), some of the cabins lights on and the restaurants on 3 and 4 lit up. It really makes me want to be there...

I do not think it is Edge. Not attempting to be contrarian, but the image is from a Celebrity officer and the caption reads: "The down side of working for a new build project? Not many, but I’m sure missing those Sunsets at Sea". I believe she is sharing a photo from her prior time onboard a Celebrity Solstice Class vessel. The carpet/structure/indentation of the sidewall is identical to photos of this class. In addition, Edge's exterior metal "catwalk" used to access the windows for cleaning is painted blue. While the one in this photo is white, like Solstice Class vessels.

Lastly, in the image, the solar tint is peeling and there is warping of the faux wood trim -- unlikely to be the case on Edge in her young state.

Again, not trying to be contrarian, but I did wonder about that image when I first saw it, and had to google a bit to confirm my suspicions :)

bridge_com.png

link to Instagram post:

link to Silhouette bridge wing photo: On the Bridge of the Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Ship

Thanks. I had assumed it was a side wing console from Edge in my earlier post but I think you are correct. No Edge bridge photos yet I guess.

Thanks again for your photos, Lloyd! And thanks for those who are getting this wonderful EDGE thread back from the brink! In other words, away from the numerous posts that jumped ship to expound on the features of other vessels. Perhaps a new thread for comparing ships is in order as there seems to be a lot of interest in doing so. As for me, I prefer to keep the focus of this thread on reveals, photos and comments about the EDGE!

Lovely photos - looks like a ship slowly waking up. Love the lights all over the ship: the deck 14 ceiling lights, the rooftop garden lights (seen better when blown up), some of the cabins lights on and the restaurants on 3 and 4 lit up. It really makes me want to be there...

The morning hours before the hustle and bustle begins are always special....We are early risers and enjoy the peace and quiet and sparkly lights. I think EDGE will be amazing in the early am...

Thanks Lloyd...we are back on track!

enhance

DachshundRules posted this video today on the IV thread that shows the closets. We think there is storage under the art cubbie (where the question mark is), but the guy couldn't get it open. Not impressed with his reporting skills. Hopefully we will be better at it. :D

Don't know if this photo has already been posted.

28b75da5fe24445fbe6e8149506430b4.jpg