Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Just for kicks I checked out availability for the so called "inaugural" sailing on 12/9 and was surprised to learn that there are plenty of cabins left. The same is true on the cruise following it.The only cabins in short supply are the suites which are probably filled with RCCL and X execs. On the other hand my TA tells me that everything from New Years through the end on the season are nearly sold out. I was tempted to book after being offered 3 perks with a total of $525 OBS but I decided to wait until we get within the less than 30 days till sailing point anticipating a price drop.  

Mark

Just saw that Virgin will have a tattoo parlor with body piercing on their ship:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/19823-virgin-voyages-to-launch-tattoo-studio-at-sea.html

Virgin Voyages announced today that the Scarlet Lady will have a tattoo studio aboard, Squid Ink. The venue will also offer body piercing. 

“Our sailors are looking to make lifelong memories, and we think there's no better way to commemorate their first voyage with us than with a souvenir they'll never lose track of.”

When Virgin Voyages’ Scarlet Lady sets sail in 2020 from Miami, she will have two full time resident tattoo artists on board, handpicked by ink industry guru Lou Rubino Jr., the company said. 

“The World Famous Tattoo Ink family has been working with sailors, pirates and rock stars for more than 50 years.."  Really, pirates????? :classic_biggrin:

Interesting.... Maybe that's what is in that white space in the spa on the Edge - if so, my first tattoo will be of the Magic Carpet! :classic_rolleyes:

"

13 minutes ago, Bertram4me said:

Just for kicks I checked out availability for the so called "inaugural" sailing on 12/9 and was surprised to learn that there are plenty of cabins left. The same is true on the cruise following it.The only cabins in short supply are the suites which are probably filled with RCCL and X execs. On the other hand my TA tells me that everything from New Years through the end on the season are nearly sold out. I was tempted to book after being offered 3 perks with a total of $525 OBS but I decided to wait until we get within the less than 30 days till sailing point anticipating a price drop.  

Mark

I am soooooo tempted, but can't get more time off from work. Go for it Mark! Your pre-preview cruise is going to just be a tease. :classic_smile:

21 minutes ago, Bertram4me said:

Mark

There are many CC members booked on the Dec. 9 Inaugural who are booked in suites, they’re not all filled with company execs. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Just saw that Virgin will have a tattoo parlor with body piercing on their ship:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/19823-virgin-voyages-to-launch-tattoo-studio-at-sea.html

Virgin Voyages announced today that the Scarlet Lady will have a tattoo studio aboard, Squid Ink. The venue will also offer body piercing. 

“Our sailors are looking to make lifelong memories, and we think there's no better way to commemorate their first voyage with us than with a souvenir they'll never lose track of.”

When Virgin Voyages’ Scarlet Lady sets sail in 2020 from Miami, she will have two full time resident tattoo artists on board, handpicked by ink industry guru Lou Rubino Jr., the company said. 

“The World Famous Tattoo Ink family has been working with sailors, pirates and rock stars for more than 50 years.."  Really, pirates????? :classic_biggrin:

Interesting.... Maybe that's what is in that white space in the spa on the Edge - if so, my first tattoo will be of the Magic Carpet! :classic_rolleyes:

"

Not my cup of tea. May be better  for the Royal C Boardwalk area.....EDGE will have quite enough to keep us busy!

.I  would also not do acupuncture or get my ears pierced  from someone at sea either.. esp if something goes wrong

Seems cruiseline keep trying to best each other..

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I am soooooo tempted, but can't get more time off from work. Go for it Mark! Your pre-preview cruise is going to just be a tease. :classic_smile:

We are on the NYE cruise so waiting a few more weeks will be ok. My wife can't make the 12/9 but if the price comes down after November 9th I'll give it some more thought.

Thanks for the advice!

Mark

Kind of surprised that Celebrity hasnt started TV commercials promoting the Edge....after all, there are still plenty of cabins available on most sailings including the maiden voyage. 

Edited by Tarwood3
Duplicate

Thought it was pretty interesting....we got a phone call from Celebrity yesterday offering us a discount if we booked a b2b cruise.  We are on the maiden voyage, the Dec 9th sailing and the discount was offered on the 16 th cruise.  Really surprises me that there seem to be so many cabins available on both of these cruises....maybe because its right before Xmas?? We didnt accept the offer, we will be on Silversea for 2 weeks doing Vietnam next month then Regent in January...our dogs are already gonna be pissed! Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

"

I can’t believe what I’m seeing VT! You’re obviously working too hard lol. Surely you meant to say your first tattoo would be of the hippie van😂

The December inaugural’s are tough with the holidays just after. Traditionally this is the cheapest time to travel since nobody wants to travel between Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Year since everyone is so busy. People cruising would have far cheaper alternatives to sail compared to these inaugurals.

i would expect that the December 16th would be the most difficult for those flying since you would have to fly out of an extra packed airport on the 23rd which is one of the busiest travel days of the year.

3 hours ago, Tarwood3 said:

Thought it was pretty interesting....we got a phone call from Celebrity yesterday offering us a discount if we booked a b2b cruise.  We are on the maiden voyage, the Dec 9th sailing and the discount was offered on the 16 th cruise.  Really surprises me that there seem to be so many cabins available on both of these cruises....maybe because its right before Xmas?? We didnt accept the offer, we will be on Silversea for 2 weeks doing Vietnam next month then Regent in January...our dogs are already gonna be pissed! Lol

We were just talking about how upset our dogs are going to be when we are gone for 10 days on the 12/6 preview and 12/9 maiden voyage. We also got the call for 12/16 but 17 days straight away is just too much. I think 10 days will be enough for us to explore Edge. 

I have never seen an orchestra pit on a ship (wasted space). Musicans are usually in the wings or on stage. There is plenty of stage behind those movable LCD screens for lots of options. Happy to see all the time, thought and money invested in the latest technology for these performance areas! And no support poles to block our line of sight!

2 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

Just found this photo on Instagram that one of the crew posted. Maybe an Aft cabin/SV cabin?  

9A4359AF-51D8-4E17-A381-450876B17735.jpeg

Mcampo- Great find. It is an aft cabin cabin as you can see the slight slant on the balcony divider. Those with these cabins will have a great view.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

Just found this photo on Instagram that one of the crew posted. Maybe an Aft cabin/SV cabin?  

9A4359AF-51D8-4E17-A381-450876B17735.jpeg

Sure looks like it since it has a slider! :classic_smile:

They had better not be sleeping in my bed next door.... :classic_smile:

Edited by vtcruising
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, twodjs said:

I have never seen an orchestra pit on a ship (wasted space). Musicans are usually in the wings or on stage. There is plenty of stage behind those movable LCD screens for lots of options. Happy to see all the time, thought and money invested in the latest technology for these performance areas! And no support poles to block our line of sight!

I can do technology in my media room, but  live , talented performances take human skill which we appreciate.  

Balcony  pic  convinced me that a real balcony is the  way to go;  but luckily  we'll have the chance to try both styles!

Crew cabins look cozy and  like a good place to catch up on sleep, ..hope they have a  window...otherwise claustrophobic for some

I do not like all the neon lights I am seeing...MCarpet area, grand plaza Chandlier,.  Too much like Times Square honkey tonk.....,.,hard on the eyes,,,.can cause migraines for some...hope the shows won't overdo the lighting...because I really want to experience a few of them

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1