Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Hello everybody,

I am looking for some advice from more experienced cruisers and would appreciate any clarification/recommendations.  I really have looked elsewhere for this information, but am not clear on a few things.

I am currently booked on an 11-nighter with my SO.  We currently have a Standard 8:30pm dining time.  We would like to try each of the MDR restaurants and likely won't visit a specialty restaurant more than once.

1)  Do you think that we should switch to the more flexibile "Select Plus" option?  Will we have to wait in lines and if so, approximately how long?

2) Do you think that if we keep our 8:30 time we will be able to eat at the other restaurants with ease?  OR will this be a big hassle to make other arrangements?

3)  If we stay with the 8:30 dining, will we miss out on all the shows and events that will be taking place at night?

Thank you for any of your thoughts or opinions - we are noob cruisers having only been on a couple before.

23 minutes ago, CanadianTourist said:

1)  Do you think that we should switch to the more flexibile "Select Plus" option?  Will we have to wait in lines and if so, approximately how long?

2) Do you think that if we keep our 8:30 time we will be able to eat at the other restaurants with ease?  OR will this be a big hassle to make other arrangements?

3)  If we stay with the 8:30 dining, will we miss out on all the shows and events that will be taking place at night?

Thank you for any of your thoughts or opinions - we are noob cruisers having only been on a couple before.

1. Iwould and if you go at the right time we have found no long wait times.

2. I think it should be ok to move, but I cannot see how this is going to work personally, but I guess with everyone moving it will be fine

3. No they have early showings of the shows for people who dine late x

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Yay! Wish I could watch her come into port in person, but I  will watch her come home from the FLL webcam and see her in person 5 days later. :classic_smile:

As of today, I see that she is going to be in port from 11/19-21and 11/23-25, then one day turnaround on 11/27 and 11/29.  Not showing anything into December yet, but I am sure it will show up.  Sometimes the Ships' Schedules postings are a little erratic.  HAL is getting their Nieuw Statendam in December, I believe, and she is not even showing up at all!  

Edited by beachbunny6

1 hour ago, CanadianTourist said:

Hello everybody,

I am looking for some advice from more experienced cruisers and would appreciate any clarification/recommendations.  I really have looked elsewhere for this information, but am not clear on a few things.

I am currently booked on an 11-nighter with my SO.  We currently have a Standard 8:30pm dining time.  We would like to try each of the MDR restaurants and likely won't visit a specialty restaurant more than once.

I think Select is best for EDGE if not in BLU ( AQ class) or Luminae ( suites).   Otherwise you will have the set time in an assigned dining room and  then have to try and switch out for other nights in diff venues.

You can  try to switch now to Select or wait list it..or try asap when you board

Benefit for us on our  EDGE  booking was being able to pre book each of the  MDRs for diff nights at our preferred times.  Even if we have a short wait we have a reservation,

We dine  much earlier than 8:30, so I don't know about shows.   You would probably go the the earlier show, not sure??

There is an EDGE dining thread.....if you post there you may get better i fo...

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, CanadianTourist said:

Hello everybody,

Here is an extensive dining thread. People have been very good about answering questions about dining on this thread. :classic_smile:

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

Some interesting photos:

This will give you an idea of Dinner on The Edge since the MC is on16 here.

image.png.eaf69e1e530788f235ea9bbf2a41f791.png

The MC and a lovely Saint Nazaire sunset.

image.thumb.png.adc0d8b81e5897601c0bbab4c8cbd129.png

This is another interesting light show - is that the Solarium dome that is red? This ship is going to be a trip! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.dc4b83d28d33feb6a495cf06c916d7b2.png

Cabins along the MC  route may not love it...glad we are on the other side of the ship.,  Reminds me of lights on a  carnival ferris wheel...but obviously not a wheel!

Looks like  the interior  ceiling is also lit up...

11 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

I don't see the funnel, but those do look like the giant frames for the special artwork which will be portside along the pool. 😁

Oops. Forgot to delete text from intended post that I was having difficult posting. No that work isn't progressing on the funnel. :classic_mellow:

Meanwhile, some last preparations to the pool deck. :classic_tongue:

restaurant.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lloyd555 said:

Oops. Forgot to delete text from intended post that I was having difficult posting. No that work isn't progressing on the funnel. :classic_mellow:

restaurant.jpg

No worries, Lloyd! Your postings on this thread have been spot on for almost 2 years!!  Thank you! Thank you! 🤩🍁

4 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

restaurant.jpg

Well played. 😉 😁